Sony inFamous 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Majik, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Majik Chaser

[​IMG]

Has anyone other than me gotten a chance to play this? Me being a fan of the first inFamous, I have been waiting for this for quite a long while(which is actually rare for me. As I don't play, let alone anticipate video games as much as I did when I was younger). I must say, Class-A game right here. Definitely the most highly improved sequel I have seen so far this year. Everything from the story, gameplay, animations, to graphics is equivalent to Uncharted 2's standard. This game is like watching a superhero movie at a theater.

The story picks up where the first left off. Cole has come to grips with his powers and must grow stronger to be able to defeat "The Beast" that his future self, Kessler, has warned him about in the previous game. He travels to New Maris where he meets a man named Wolfe, one of the developers of the Ray Sphere. Wolfe informs Cole that blast cores are the key to increasing his powers which he must collect before it's too late. As Cole continues to grow stronger, the Beast destroys city after city as it makes its way to New Maris to fight Cole again.

Gameplay wise, it is far greater than inFamous 1. The way how powers are handled is alot better. Their are alot more powers to choose from/upgrade as you become stronger. You can also change which power is assigned to which button (to a extent) on the fly. New super moves called "Ionic" moves make you feel like you can blow the hell outta anyone one in your way, which is how you should feel with a superhero game. You also get to choose between a new superpower, fire or ice, depending on your karma choice. Melee combat has been completely redone. Instead of fist-to-fist combat, you wield the "Amp", a woop-ass stick capable to stylish moves.

Graphically, (as I said before) it's on par with Uncharted 2. Which most of you should already know how good that game looked. It's nice for Cole and the gang to have realistic looks and animations instead of looking like rag dolls from the first game because of handmade animation Sucker Punch used.

Even the credits in this game look cool... Or it could just be the music used in it was very fitting for the end of the game. Either way, I definitely recommend you all to try this game out.

And for the record: Throwing cars at people is fun.

Big Spoiler:
    John is the Beast.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

I haven't been able to play it, but I can't wait till I can.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I wanted to download the demo from PSN but it took up too much space. I might try again in the next few days tho, I saw a trailer and Cole's new elemental powers look badass...

4. Zter Banned

I have the Hero Edition pre-ordered. In fact, I liked inFamous so much, this was the very first game I ever pre-ordered. I look forward to Tuesday so I can finally play the game I've wanted to for years. I'm also trying to not look up anything about it to prevent spoiling myself.

5. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

From the demo it feels very Infamous-y. The gameplay isn't that different apart from new powers and a few button reassignments to incorporate the new powers.
    I wouldv'e liked to see a bit more like the upgrades possible, or the new ice/fire powers that will be introduced but I guess that will be better for the full game. I kinda liked Cole from the first game and I didn't think he needed to be redone for the sequel, maybe just fleshed out more.
    Still it looks promising to be a great sequel, hopefully the inclusion of user created missions will improve replayability. PRobably a summer game for me.

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

The Demo is pretty awesome, I like how it changes between Hero and Infamous levels.
    But I HATE the new Cole! He doesn't look right! I miss his yellow jacket thing >.>

7. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

So I beat the Evil story. Very sad. :c

Doing a Hero playthrough and then I'm going after the trophies.

8. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Finished Good and Evil Stories. Liked both endings. Almost cried during both.

Ice Launch > Firebird Strike

9. Zter Banned

I am only a few hours into the Good Storyline, but I am loving it so far. It plays so much better than the first inFamous. I actually feel like a Superhero. Instead of a powered up human. I'm taking my time playing it also. Roaming the city for Blast Shards and Dead Drops.

10. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

FYI: Flood Town can be a b*tch if you're playing good.
    I actually enjoyed getting all 305 Blast Shards and all 29 Dead Drops in this game. The Dead Drops are much better than in the first game, imo.

11. Zter Banned

I don't think I am that far, but I will definitely keep that in mind.
    The Blast Shards are much easier to collect this time. They're shiner and brighter so I can spot them even if I am not too far off. Dead Drops being in pigeons was a nice change from satellites.

12. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

[​IMG]

^This is the only hostile area left in the map. And there are no mission there. EVER....

13. BloodPrince Merlin's Housekeeper

Yea ive played it its kind of like spiderman but on steriods LOTS AND LOTS of steriods. But its a relatively interesting game.

14. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

15. Zter Banned

I finished the Good ending and damn, that almost made me cry. It was sad, but fitting for the series.

Also
    Did anyone else see the lightning bolt turn into a question mark? I think it either means if Cole is still alive or not. Or where the series will go now. I thought it was nice a touch.

I am going through my Evil playthrough on Hard mode right now. And it's still fun causing random destruction around the city. I will miss the Ice Launch though.

16. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

Where did you see the bolt turn into a Question Mark? I'll have to check.

And yay I got the Platinum Trophy and 100% completeion (duh)... On a side note, I hate some people's UGC missions. |:​

17. Zter Banned

It was right at the end of the Good ending, when Zeke was on the boat with Cole's body and a lightning bolt came from the sky.

Congrats for the platinum. It looks easier to obtain than the first one's platinum. I only tried a few UGC missions from Sucker Punch and they're alright. I am not expecting much from missions made by other people though.

18. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Finished the Hero ending the other day... now time to do the Infamous one lol
    Best thing is, once you complete both endings, you unlock both sets of alignment moves for your saves.

Even the moves you didn't get from doing the power exchange with either Kuo or Nix.

and you get 15000 experience or so to help you learn the new things. XD

Sounds pretty awesome a reward for completing both endings to me. ¦3
    Anyway...
    We can't be sure if there is gonna be an Infamous 3, due to the question mark lightning thing with the good ending...
    but then again, that could just mean, 'is it really over?' to make us think about it...
    "I mean, if all conduits are dead in the Hero ending... what else is there for Cole to really do if he is still alive?
    I don't know how the Infamous ending goes and if that would allow a third game... but yeah.

19. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Im waiting for the prices to go down before i buy this game. Hopefully there will be a christmas sale soon and i can get my hands on this beast of a game!

20. The Fuk? Dead

I played the first Infamous and I didn't really like it, but I tried the Infamous 2 demo, and I really enjoyed. I'm actually thinking about getting it, like how I hated Assassin's Creed 1 but I loved Assassin's Creed 2.