In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Silvia used Mine Square. When the bees attacked, it did 35 damage. dealing 8 damage to all of them.
    Alisa used Fire Surge on Bee 6. It did 25 damage, but with Speed and Magic it did 32 damage.
    Jack used Aerial on Bee 5. It did 23 damage, but with Magic and Magical Weapon it did (23 + 21) 64 damage.
    Lucia used Poison Edge. It did 23 damage, but with Strength, Speed, Magic and Weapon it did (29 + 31 + 5 + 25 + 25) 138 damage. Lucia killed Bee 4.
    Skadi used Binding Strike on bee 5. It did 35 damage, but with Strength, Speed and Magic it did (9 + 5 + 20) 69 damage. Bee 5 died.

Bee 6 used Sting on Alisa. It did 8 damage, but with Speed it did 23 damage.
    Bee 7 used Sting on Lucia. It did 8 damage, but with Speed it did 15 damage.
    Bee 8 used Sting on Lucia. It did 8 damage, but with Speed it did 23 damage.

Lucia's defence reduced nothing, she took 38 damage.
    Alisa's defence tanked all the damage.

Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 1/8
    HP: 112/120
    Strength: 10
    Speed: 15
    Magic: 10
    Defense: 0
    Sting: Get stung scrubs (8 x 2+ Speed)
    Poison Chompers: Get poisoned scrubs ( Strength + Magic, 30% chance to deal 3 poison damage per turn for 3 turns.)

Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 2/8
    Poison Chompers: Get poisoned scrubs ( Strength + Magic, 30% chance to deal 3 poison damage per turn for 3 turns.)

Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 3/8
    Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 4/8
    HP: -26/120

Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 5/8
    HP: -21/120

Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 6/8
    HP: 76/120
    Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 7/8
    Not The Beeeeeeeeeeessssss 8/8

Lucia
    HP: 42/80
    MP: 110
    SP: 160
    AS: 6
    (4)Strike Raid: Throw your weapon at the enemy. Stuns some foes. (25 damage+Stun)
    (6) Poison Edge: Perform a jumping attack that poisons some foes. (30 damage + 6 continuous)
    (4) Stop: Manipulate time to bring surrounding enemies' movement to a complete halt for 1 round of combat. (15MP)
    Ice Devil's Chilling Wave (5): 25 SP
    The caster lets loose a small wave of ice, dealing damage to a target and freezing water and small objects as well. (30+Weapon)
    MP Enhance: 25 MP
    Deals more damage. (Base damage changed from 30 to 50)
    Grand Chariot (Level 5): 25 SP
    The user traces out a shape that mimics the Big Dipper. A larger golden version of the constellation appears above the user firing off several bolts of energy at all target. Deals AOE damage. (7 damage * 7 hits + Speed)
    MP Enhance: 30 MP
    More hits (base hits changed from 7 to 10)
    Accessories:
    Titan Chain: Significantly raises Strength and Speed (+4, +3 ) (x5)
    Wand of ****ing Light Bitches
    Weapon:
    Improved Throwing Knives (2-5 knives dealing 1-5 damage) +1 SPD
    Improved Throwing Knives (2-5 knives dealing 1-5 damage) +1 SPD
    Strength: 13 (+20)
    Speed: 18.5 (+15)
    Defense: -0.5
    Magic: 5.5

Skadi
    HP: 70 (+6)
    MP: 155 (+31)
    AS: 7 (+5)
    (5) Blizzara: Blast enemies head-on with a stronger chunk of ic. (6MP. Deals 8 Damage) (4) Stop: Manipulate time to bring surrounding enemies' movement to a complete halt for 1 round of combat. (15MP)Ice Make (Level 5)
    (5) Binding Strike: Perform a spinning attack that binds some foes. (35 damage + chance to stop enemies attacking for a turn)
    (4) Fire Dash: Cloak yourself in fire, then punish faraway enemies with a charging attack. (25 damage + 5 fire damage continuous for 2 turns)
    (6) Magnera: Use magnetic force to pull enemies in and deal more continual damage. (12MP, 24 damage over 2 turns)
    (6) Quake: Shake the earth and cause 1-8 boulders to burst forth which knock enemies into the air and stun them in the process.(12MP, 8 damage per rock)
    (1) Cure: Recover a small amount of HP. (8MP, 5HP Healed+Magic Stat)
    (6) Zero Gravity: Create an anti-gravity field and send foes around you drifting into the air for continual damage. Hit floating enemies to confuse them. (8MP, 10 damage over 5 turns)
    (5) Fira: Launch a stronger ball of fire toward enemies. (6MP. Deals 10 Damage)
    Accessories:
    Magic Armlet: Slightly raises max MP and Magic. (+1, +2)
    Silver Ring: Increases Magic and slightly increases maximum AS (+1, +1) (x2)
    Crystal Crown: Raises max HP, max MP, max AS, Strength, Speed, and Defense. Also enhances Magic. (+6, +4, +1, +3, +2, +2, +2)
    Platinum Ring: Increases Magic and greatly increases maximum AS (+1,+3)
    Weapon:
    Mage's Staff (3-10)
    Strength: 11 (+3)
    Speed: 4 (+2)
    Defense: 3 (+2)
    Magic: 14 (+6)

Jack
    HP: 80 (+6)
    MP: 185 (+25)
    AS: 7 (+2)
    Wings of the Pegasus (Level 5): 40 SP
    The user summons wings that become a part of the target for 3 turns, granting the target flight and a +5 Speed buff.
    MP Enhance: 40 MP
    The wings last for one extra turn and grant a +8 speed buff instead.
    Stinger of the Manticore (Level 6): 50 SP
    The user summons a scorpion stinger that becomes a part of the target for 3 turns, granting them another weapon that does (1-6) damage and has a 50% chance to deal poison damage each hit, (4 poison damage for 2 turns.)
    MP Enhance: 50 MP
    Weapon damage increased from (1-6) to (3-7) and poison damage increased from 4 to 6.
    (5) Aerora: Call on the wind to lift enemies into the air and send them flying for more damage. Stuns many foes.(10MP, 16 damage on impact+Stun)
    (1) Cure: Recover a small amount of HP. (8MP, 5HP Healed+Magic Stat)
    (4) Fire Dash: Cloak yourself in fire, then punish faraway enemies with a charging attack. (25 damage + 5 fire damage continuous for 2 turns)
    (5) Binding Strike: Perform a spinning attack that binds some foes. (35 damage + chance to stop enemies attacking for a turn)
    Aerial (Level 5): 15 SP Cost
    The user creates a dome, lowering the oxygen within the affected area and as a result, suffocating all inside due to the lack of oxygen in the environment; as the pressure has been altered inside the dome, those within it experience a sharp pain in their ears.
    Damage over time effect, single target (30 damage + Magic and Magical Weapon over three turns).
    MP Enchance: 25 MP
    -Increases from single target DOT to AOE DOT.
    Accessories:
    Hi Potion: Restore HP to the User, or to a target of the user's choosing. (+60 HP)
    Fencer Earring: Highly increases maximum AS, Strength, Speed and also increases Magic (+2, +1, +1,+5)
    Heartguard: Raises max HP and Defense. Equip more to boost effect. (+3, +4) (x2)
    Weapon:
    Improved Mage's Staff (5-13)
    Mage's Staff (3-10)
    Strength: 9 (+1)
    Speed: 4 (+1)
    Defense: 5 (+8)
    Magic: 20 (+5)

Alisa
    HP: 80 (+18)
    MP: 100
    SP: 150
    AS: 5
    (2) Barrier Surge: Cloak yourself in a barrier and rush the enemy. (15 damage + 1 Round invulnerability)
    (4) Fire Surge: Rush the enemy while a ring of fire revolves around you, hitting targets multiple times. (30 damage + 4 continuous fire damage)
    (2) ~Blitz: Perform a series of jumping attacks. (1-5 attacks, 5 Damage)
    Fall (Level 5): 30 SP
    The user intensifies the field of gravity over a single target, causing them to become heavier. Single target, causes anything airborne to no longer be so. Has a chance to immobilize. Does not work on massive targets. (30% chance to immobilize)
    MP Enhance: 40 MP
    Accessories:
    Gaia Bangle: Significantly raises max HP and Defense (+9, +3) 400/200
    Omega Arts: Raises max HP, Strength, Speed, and Defense. (+3, +3, +3 +3) 700/500
    Angel Bangle: Raises max HP and Defense. (+6, +2)
    Weapon:
    Tower Shield, +5 Defense, -2 Speed
    Strength: 17 (+3)
    Speed: 4 (+1)
    Defense: 15 (+13)
    Magic: 5

Silvia
    HP: 91.5 (+7)
    MP: 85
    AS: 6 (+3)
    Sky God's Healing (5): 25 SP Cost
    The user channels their sky god powers into a healing light and heals a single target. (10% of target’s max HP+Magic+Magic Weapon).
    MP Enhance: 25 MP
    Earth Toss (Level 5): 20 SP Cost
    The user lifts and throws a rock at a singular target. (25 Damage+Weapon+defense)
    MP Enhanced: 20 MP
    Becomes multi hit (Base damage changed to 15 Damage, with 1-3 hits)
    (6) Thunder Surge: Cloak yourself in electricity and rush the enemy, stunning foes on contact. (35 damage + Stun)
    (2) Barrier Surge: Cloak yourself in a barrier and rush the enemy. (15 damage + 1 Round invulnerability)
    (6) Magnera: Use magnetic force to pull enemies in and deal more continual damage. (12MP, 24 damage over 2 turns)
    (6) Confuse: Confuse surrounding enemies and cause them to attack each other. (15MP)
    (6) Mine Shield: Set 5 explosive magical traps which stun enemies when tripped. (12MP, 10 damage per mine)
    (4) Fire Surge: Rush the enemy while a ring of fire revolves around you, hitting targets multiple times. (30 damage + 4 continuous fire damage)
    Accessories:
    Heartguard: Raises max HP and Defense. Equip more to boost effect. (+3, +4)
    Silver Ring: Increases Magic and slightly increases maximum AS (+1, +1)
    Magic Armlet: Slightly raises max MP and Magic. (+1, +2)
    Gold Ring: Increases Magic and increases maximum AS (+1,+2)
    Omega Arts: Raises max HP, Strength, Speed, and Defense. (+3, +3, +3 +3)
    Weapon:
    Heater Shield: +3 Defense
    Strength: 11 (+3)
    Speed: 1 (+3)
    Defense: 11 (+7)
    Magic: 7 (+3)

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The City of Ember: Pipeworks

[​IMG]

As Vance spoke they past over a bridge. Shani shivered as Vance's voice went softer. When he spoke of blood, she looked away from him. "Our people have always been on opposite sides, but that doesn't mean that we have to be." She responded to him, her own voice taking a quiet tone. "What I want?" She laughed, running her hand through her hair absentmindedly. "I'm no poet, Vance. I'm not the type to share my heart and confess the things I yearn." She spoke the last lines in a fake dramatic tone. She laughed again briefly. "I'd guess I'd want to be a hero. With sword and shield clashing. We'd sail away for adventure, we'd see the world and reach the farthest reaches." As if she saw in front of her, she reached her hand out, painting a picture for Vance. "Isn't that what everyone wants to be now 'days. Of course I'd be a hero. Like the people in your Guild. Saving royalty locked in scaling towers. Could you imagine that? Ha, me as some kind of brave knight scaling a tower to save a Prince under house arrest?"

"But like in all stories, standing guard, there would be a horrifying beast! A dragon!" She stopped where she was in the hallway, and held a fake sword in her hand, putting the other hand behind her back. "They say only Dragon Slayers can beat a dragon, but how wrong they would be! As the brave Red Knight overwhelms it!" She did one final motion. "Then, I would climb the tower, using the dragon's back as a stair. I'd climb through the window and rescue the Prince instead, put there until he is saved by his true love." She stopped for a second, suddenly looking embarrassed. "I mean, I came for the dragon, not the Prince." She fumbled over her words, not being able to admit that love was also part of the idea of her true happiness. She spoke faster, as if to get this over with. "And uh, we'd share a kiss and break the spell I guess. For the purpose of breaking the spell. You know, cause that would be what the Guild sent me to do. Of course."

"That's a hero's ending. A happy ending. A perfect, happy ending. But not for me, Vance. I have no magic and I am currently no hero. But if I could be anything, if I wanted to be anything and have any ending, I'd have that kind of an ending. The story that always ends with a happy ever after, and another adventure after that. The Scarlet Knight. Ha." She then finally stopped. She bite her bottom lip for a second. She hadn't known why she would reveal so much to Vance. What purpose did it serve, other then to embarrass herself.

Mission Information: 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 44.

18 posts must be made to reach the first destination (25)

5/18

[​IMG]
    Zephyros groaned, thinking that it would have been best to go with Thea. Two of the young girls alone together wouldn't make for good time. Zephyros wasn't in a bad mood, and thus Zephyros thought it would be best to try and make some pleasant conversation with the only Guild Mate who hadn't been annoying. "Let's find some loot." Zephyros encouraged Damian with some enthusiasm.

2 posts must be made to reach the first destination (1)

2/2

Rolls: 1, 2, 3
    Roll for 1: 7

The room was pitch black.

Roll for 2: 6
    Roll for 3: 1

But then the lights went on.

3 overrides previous rolls.

Zephyros and Damian both found a intact crate lying in the middle of the room. The other crates in the room were destroyed, leaving only one standing in the corner, hidden by the shadow. Inside it, they found a weapon. There were remains of other staffs and magical weapons all over the floor, as if they had all been destroyed by someone long ago.

"Lina thought we were angels, these people don't know magic. Someone destroyed these on purpose, or maybe even out of fear. But the fear for the darkness seems to overpower them and so they left one crate untouched."

NEW WEAPON FOR DAMIAN

The Ember Wood Mage’s Staff (5-10) +1 SPD %5 Heal bonus on Healing Spells. Used by Mages in olden Ember.

Mission Information: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 20, 21, 22, 23,

[​IMG]
    "We can go together for sure." Lina smiled at Thea. "So, what kind of magic do you have? You seem a bit young to be a wizard. Then again, in Ember we're adults at 12. I'm 14 and I've been an adult for a long time, it feels like."

21 posts must be made to reach the first destination (24)

2/21

Mission Information: 24, 25, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 43, 42

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Bump Part 2

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Town Square

[​IMG]
    The Beadle smiled. "Ah, then the tavern it is." He patted George on the back. The tavern was like everything else in the town. Full of drunkards and shabby. "I'd like to see the jewels first, before I can tell you what I know." He spoke as they sat down at a secluded table.

[​IMG]
    The Secretary and Dale also went to the Tavern. She put the files on the table, in between their two drinks. "Well, drink up."

The Island Expedition: On The Island
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Johanna's eyes went wide as Ander spoke. "No, no it's not Antonio and the crew. If we think about this, it wouldn't be recent. This island has been hidden until now, maybe on purpose. Maybe they're the reason. SMRF. What if they hid the island from the public eye so they could work here. It all makes sense!" Johanna spoke erratically, as if her thoughts weren't coming together.

"Maybe that's why we've never seen them. You're saying the island was hidden, by some kind of Magic?"

"Well, maybe our shifting is magic, and there are other types of magics like we saw you all use."

"What about a submarine? You wouldn't be able to tell a Submarine from a whale from here. They would be able to get on and off the island no problem, but they wouldn't be able to move their computers back and forth without some hassle. What if what they're doing is over, and so they decided to unhide the island in order to send a boat here. A boat that would get everything, including them off it. They wouldn't think about the- Antonio being here." Johanna paced around in circles.

"We may not have much time if they're leaving. If Zephyr's right, maybe now if we go down there they'll be in the middle of moving stuff and we can figure out what's going on."

"But Ander's right. If we need some kind of password, then it won't be that helpful to see the computers alone. No, we need to go down to the shore and find the people! I have an idea." Antonio started. "We start heading back to the ship, our ship, and see who or what is loading up the ships. Maybe we'll over hear something that'll help us. When they sail off, we'll follow them, quickly."

"I'm for the idea, but if I see them I just may kill them." Lu muttered to herself.

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I hope not." He didn't say anything more on the subject of revolutions and sides. It was an altogether grim subject and a quite depressing one. He didn't want totally destroy the somewhat friendly atmosphere that they were developing. Much to his surprise, she was actually willing to level about what she really wanted. As she explained, dashing this way and that, speaking with the liveliness and energy that he had always associated with her, Vance smiled, listening and laughing along. He hid the sadness behind his smile. It only reminded him of silly thoughts and dreams that seemed impossible to really achieve . She had a good chance of achieving her dreams though. Rescuing a prince, finding love even though she didn't want to admit that was what she wanted and having a happy ending. "You don't need to have magic to do all that you know. For many years, the world of those without magic has gone by and humanity is none the worse for it. Indeed, some of the greatest heroes are those who aren't wizards, because they achieved so much without magic at all." He decided to add his own personal mindset on to things.
    "If you have the will, the true drive to do, to achieve something and to realise a dream, you can do it. Everything is possible if you have only the willpower to see it through to its completion." He probably sounded almost wise. "I believe that you have the ability to make that happen for yourself. You've shown all the passion. Why wait? Why wish, when you could simply do it?"

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Veilen used Blade of the Ruin. It did 13 damage, but with Magic and Strength and Weapon it did (I should have wrote down the numbers oops) 62 damage.

Malkira used Earth Toss. There were 3 hits, all doing 15 damage. It did 45 damage, but with Both Physical Weapons and Defense it did (12+20+12) 89 damage.

Thomas used Arcane Bolt! It did 41 damage, but with Magic and Magical Weapon it did (10 + 20) 71 damage. 15 percent of 71 is 9. Thomas took 9 damage.

Calxiyn used Sliding Dash. It did 18 Damage, but with (31+13+8) it did 70 damage. The Hell marks did 27 damage each. There are 3 of them. It did 81 damage. Cal did 151 damage. This is how it works right.

GG that's all we need to kill it

Overall, they did 373 damage!
    The Monster's defence reduced 29 damage, for 334 damage.

[​IMG]

HP: -130/1500

Strength: 30

Defense: 30

Speed: 10

Magic: 20

AS:

Echoing Rend: The monster lets out a deafening scream, dealing damage to every member of the party. (10 + Magic, damage is not divided.) 3 Turn Cooldown.

Masticate: The monster attacks a single target with it's teeth, chomping down on them and dealing damage. (35 + Strength)

Aftershock: The monster slams the ground with its body, letting loose a large quake like shockwave and hitting everyone in the party. (Strength + 80, Damage is divided across entire party) 3 turn cooldown.

Venomous Bile: The monster fires out a stream of poison from its gaping maw at a single target, dealing poison damage to the target over the next 3 turns. Cannot be used on a target that is already poisoned. (10 + Magic. 8 Poison Damage per turn.)

The Demon War

[​IMG][​IMG]

"I think we may have over done it." She crossed her arms and watched as the marks had exploded. The Dragon seemed to be covered in Flames as Calxiyn burnt it alive. A portal opened as it was dragged by to hell but whatever had summoned it.

[​IMG]
    "I don't think it's a good idea to get on her bad side. Especially not for us." Sam looked like he was able to faint.

"I think your right." James was sitting under a table of the castle, holding his stomach.

"I thought you liked a powerful women, James." Erik teased his brother, though he himself looked afraid as well, not just at Calxiyn but at the power of Team King.

"Well, at least the monster's dead." Matthew shrugged.

"...."

"Ahem." Cassandra coughed and the boys stood up. "Good job Team King. I'm sorry to say but it isn't over yet. We need to find where this group is hiding out."

"They wouldn't be in Town, it's too risky for lower demons or devils to stay there and resist causing trouble."

"Did you say they chased you through the Forest behind and up the mountain?" Cassandra questioned. Damian nodded. "That's where Theo and her teacher both live. So you were chased out of there..." As Cassandra spoke, she seemed to be plotting things on a map. "That X is where you guys came from. Everything else circled is a monument or abandoned cabin or mansion that those demons could be hiding it. How about you go with Team King. Decide to split up or stay together, but you should check out all the spots to check to see if you can find any clues to where they should be."

Mission Information: There are 6 spots on the map. One is the gate entering into the forest, one is Theo's house. Everything else is up to you to discover and find. You can also go to places not circled and you can circle it yourself. Say, the river for example.

There are 5 Demons, and 6 of you not including Skyheart. You must have a demon with you if you split up. You can have all the demons with you in one party. For example, if everyone is paired up, Ra and Calxiyn as a pair can have all 5 demons if they decide they want all 5 demons. You can always all go together though it'll take longer. You can split up however you want.

[​IMG]

7. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

The Fairy Curse of Laverna: Magic Meadow
    Jack Rincewind banner.png
    Jack's pov: with no answer to his question he keep fighting, he used Binding Strike on bee 8.

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Shani shook her head sadly. "There is one Non-Magical Guild here in this town, one for aspiring knights as well as swordsman, and those who sail the high seas. Not pirates but adventurers. 'The Guild of the Knights Fate'. Florica and I both decided in our youth, we would like to join a Guild. Spriggan, Le Roi des Thunes, advised against it. He made up an excuse and sent Florica and I to sleep. But we thought we were so strong and so brave and so tough that we didn't listen." Shani continued. "We went there, both of us. Mind you when I was young I still hated the skirts that the other women wore and made us wear, but we still wore them none the less. Colourful patterns, but a symbol of who we were. Who we really were." She paused. "We could barely make it through the door for our appointment with the Guild Master before the Guild Members started shouting, yelling at us. 'Dirty Gypsies', some even joked that another male Guild Members had hired whores to serve them for the day. They attacked Florica, and all I had on me was my pistol. I raised it and pointed it at them, my hands were shaking." She choked on her words.

"It wasn't long before Spriggan appeared out of no where like he always would, and took us back to camp. Florica was hurt very badly. I got into a fight with him that night. Why did we need to dress this way, and look this way and act this way if no one liked us this way. If no one wanted us alive. I never liked the answer he gave, though I don't remember it now."

She turned to him.
    "I don't want to go where my people aren't wanted. I don't want to forget about my family. This is my family, and if a Guild can't accept this then I can sacrifice me being in a Guild for it." She sighed heavily.

She then tried to smile.
    "What I mean is that my dreams are a bit dashed." She chuckled a bit. "But I'm glad to be adventuring with you all anyway. Maybe a Guild isn't all that important. I'd like to get to know more people, but at the same time I'm happy here with you... and Conrad and the others. But if there is a job to save a house-flower in a tower, you can let me know." She winked.

"Then again I think with you around I already know one Prince too many already."
    She smiled at him, playfully knocking him in the arm.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The girl started by asking about her magic and commenting on her age. Thea shifted a little uncomfortably before bothering to answer. "I have fire magic. Though I wouldn't really consider myself a wizard. I am not really good with my magic. They say it is too strong for my age and size of my body. I can't contain it properly." Thea explained to the girl. She then mentioned that they were considered adults at the age of 12 in her city. That idea was not pleasant for Thea. "I couldn't imagine being considered an adult already. I don't want to be an adult." Thea responded.
    [​IMG]
    Well the beast was gone, but it left Thomas feeling tired and drained. After all this new magic and stuff he found himself out of energy. Well it was never meant to last forever and he knew it.He simply wished he had a little more time. In the end he was thankful that he at least got that one date with Lucia out of it.

As the group talked about finding a place for the Demons, Thomas only thought about how he was going to get away from the group so they didn't have to witness what was to come. When the idea of splitting up came about, Thomas decided that would make a good excuse.
    "Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to go off and search on my own." Thomas said, his voice sounded warn and tired as he turned from the group and started off into the forest by himself. Such a fitting place for it all to end.

[​IMG]
    Sitting down Trevor set 750 jewel on the table. "You get the rest when the information is given. I have it here, I just need to know you are good for your word first." Trevor said. He kept his head low avoiding eye contact with anyone in the building. He wasn't entirely sure what he was getting himself into to he best be on the cautious side.
    [​IMG]
    Silvia used mangera​

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance listened intently to the tale that she told, and it bothered him. A friend of his was rejected for no real reason other than spite, but more than that, it was the mindset of the people. He intently disliked that sort of character that she described. Young men with dreams of nobility and trying to live by chivalry and then turning away because none of them had the integrity to see past the appearances of people and see the truth of who they were. Little did they realise that they turned away two people who were infinitely more worthy than them on that day, and it was to their loss.
    "They're blind people. They see only what is immediately apparent, but they do not look further. They do not look to roots, to the identity of the person, to potential." Vance replied in a disgusted tone. "Regrettably I know others like that, but they are blind people too. We Dorians are different. We do not look to appearance, we look beyond. We see what they have to offer, what power their spirit has to bring them further. Your people are of humble roots, not necessarily much to look at but your spirits... Especially yours... There's a fire to it. Someone like you would do well." Part of him hoped that he could somehow sway her to come to the Dorian estate, to work for them. She could hold a privileged position, she could work her way up... Alas, he realised, they could never confine her. It would be wrong to. It made things harder to work. Along with her religion and her culture, her real family.
    "Stand by your family. It is they who will hold you up, support you." He nodded, agreeing with her. "They're not dashed yet. You don't need a guild to go adventuring, or to go rescuing princes and princesses. If I see a prince, I'll be sure to let you know. But the princess I may have to reserve for myself." The nobleman allowed himself a smile. He caught the wistful tone with which she said 'you', meaning Vance himself. Part of him felt happy, proud of himself even, but another part was sad. Sad because their identities were separating them. Could either of them risk bridging that gap?
    "Me? A prince? No," Vance lightly tapped her with his elbow in response with a chuckle, and then his face lit up as his eyes flicked over to her. "Not quite yet. But eventually, if all goes to plan. Maybe more than a prince."

[​IMG]

Dale followed her to the tavern and eyed the files eagerly. Now then, he just had to be able to withstand this alcohol, which surely was not going to be a problem. He sniffed it. It seemed fine. He raised the cup to his lips and hesitated before drinking. Once she had, then he'd make his move. When she did, he drunk too.
    "Come here often?" Dale asked, making idle conversation. He had to lull her into a false sense of security first.

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

"You're apart of our family, too, in a way. He's warmed up to you, and the other members of the Guild, for being the way you all are." Shani couldn't help but smile at Vance as he spoke. He had a kindness about him that she couldn't help but smile at. She gently scratched her cheek with some embarrassment. She shook her head, smiling to herself. They were going over another bridge. "Oh Vance, you're already more then a Prince. At least, that's how I see you. I wonder if you see it too" She continued looking straight ahead, her cheeks brightening and she seemed unable to face him. She shivered again for a brief moment. She put her hand on her neck for a moment, before bringing her hair over her shoulder.

9/18

12. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Well, I'm glad I'm not on his bad side. I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to handle him." Vance replied casually. If the stories about him hold any weight, I doubt that many people could stop him. He wasn't sure what to make of what she was saying next, until she got further along. 'At least that's how I see you.' Mentally, he froze and an electric jolt ran through his body, but he was able to contain the surprise and keep moving with not a beat missed. Is she saying... No. she can't be. "I do." He said simply, and then looked at Shani. He could see that she was flustered, and shivering. Fiddling with hair, moving hands and the faint tinge of her cheeks was the sign of embarrassment. He had to get her back for doing the same to him when they first met.
    "Embarrassed, are you?" He teased with a casual smile. He wanted to just let things happen. Even if nothing worked, right now, where there was nobody to judge, with everyone going in far different directions... He wanted to be able to say the things in his head, the things on his mind. He could only hope. "Do you need a coat for that shiver?" He held up a part of the collar of the phoenix coat to clarify what he meant.

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Shani laughed as he pointed out her embarrassed expression. "No no, I'm not embarrassed it's just hot down here." Shani claimed as she thought fast on her feet. It was freezing in the Pipeworks, but the cold didn't cause her shiver. Her face and even the rest of her skin would have burnt anyone to the touch if they had felt even the skin on her shoulders. She didn't say anything else. Florica's words of warning rang in her ear. But for a moment, she forgot about Marime. For a moment, she forgot where Vance or her at come from. For a moment, she forgot that Vance and her were from totally different worlds. Right now, Shani was following something speaking to her inside, as they were side by side, over the bridge that led them to a new section of the Pipeworks

11/18

14. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"It's not at all hot down here. I can feel the chill and I'm wearing a coat made out of a firebird." Vance pointed out, not at all convinced by what she was saying. He stopped for a moment and removed the coat and slung it over his right arm and hurriedly walked to catch up to her. He offered his arm with the coat on it. "By all means, if you need it."

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Shani groaned heavily. "I'm not shivering because it's cold!" She put her thumb and her middle finger over her temples. "I'm just nervous down here." She admitted, at least mostly. She was nervous, but it was because she was near Vance. Her face heated up again. "You don't know what or who could be lurking around here." She didn't want to deny the opportunity to put on something Vance worn. "The coat, it's Marimé for me to wear it anyway, because it's touched your lower body." She also seemed to say this with a flustered expression as well. Her face was now even more scarlet in colour, matching her sash, as she realized she had mentioned Vance's lower body and that seemed to embarrass her even more. "N-never mind, let's just keep watching- I mean, I mean walking."

13/18

16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I doubt there'll be much lurking around. It seems that people haven't been down here for some time." Vance replied, but he conceded the point to her. He knew that she was lying, he could see it in all of her being. Her mannerisms, her speech and the way she carried herself. He was glad. Even if she couldn't expressly say it, he knew what she was thinking. Even when she started going on about how his coat had touched the lower part of his body. Of course. That rule she has to adhere to. He shrugged and put his coat back on. "We are walking, are we not?" Vance smiled at her again and raised an eyebrow. I should probably let her know that I'm well aware of what she's thinking about.
    "I can tell what you're thinking Shani." He admitted. He paused, both physically and in speech before continuing. If he said this... It committed to a path. He thought for a moment. Would he regret this path? If he actually did make this choice to say it, then what was there to lose? What was there to gain? Did it matter? It didn't. Right now... Right now he thought that it would be best to come straight out with it. The worst that would happen was that they'd get stuck awkwardly together which was the first half of the day anyway. "And I am thinking the same. We're both thinking along the same lines. I... I feel like I should say that now. While there's a chance. A chance to be honest with you - And myself."

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

She stopped with him as he spoke. When he said he could tell what she was thinking, her heart almost dropped. She could hear it beating in her ears, and she suddenly felt like she were about to fall. "Be more specific, then that." She asked, her voice soft spoken and her words spoken slowly. Everything she had been thinking about since she saw Vance in the tavern months ago, everything was happening right now. "What I mean is, please, continue. I just, I want to hear what you're going to say." She turned to him, leaning against the wall. The corridor they were in was so small, and it was so tight she could feel the warmness of his breath and her own breathing on her skin. She now looked directly at him, her brown eyes looking as beautiful and as mysterious as they had the first time they had met.

15/18

18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

It went better than expected, but now it was a case of choosing his words right, to best express himself. What they were both to some extent, thinking. He could see that she was waiting for him to say something, for him to say it, and clarify it. His breath caught and his mouth went dry as he looked into her eyes. lost. Vance put a hand on the wall and looked down, allowing himself to visibly show the nerves that he too, felt. To show that there was something behind the cool, composed and collected guise that he always wore. He moved his head to look back at her, but was forced back down. He couldn't. Not while he couldn't say what he wanted to say. You committed to this path Vance! See it through!
    "I mean to say that - You... You fascinate me. It's as if you've enchanted me, I can't pull my mind away. Nothing, not what my family would think, nor what your people or my own values, nothing can dissuade me from thinking, feeling this." Vance explained. It was muddled, he knew. But he couldn't find the best way to express himself. He lamented his lack of experience in this area. "I'm... Enthralled and, and lost and... I can't find the words to say to express myself properly. Not even I." He looked up at her now, forcing himself to. He had to face her while he talked. While he explained this.
    "I feel that there is more to us. Between us. And... I want there to be. It's selfish, and, and I fear impossible but... For once I want to follow something other than political logic, or rationale or my family or my nobility. I want... I want to follow myself. And that, that leads to you." He stopped, then laughed nervously and looked down again. "I probably didn't explain it all that well, did I?"

19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

She felt another chill down her spine as she saw Vance's nervousness. She felt like he was showing a side to her that she had never seen before, in that moment. Her mouth parted in an almost surprised, speechless kind of expression. Instead of embarrassment, her cheeks were red with flattery, and it was a warm, pink colour. Though her skin was dark, the tint was visible. She came closer to him, moving his hair from his face. "I feel much of the same, Vance. I'm following my heart, and what I feel for you."

"You said it yourself, didn't you?" Shani smiled. "Only moments ago, you said that if you have the will, the true drive to do, to achieve something and realize a dream that you can do it. You-you're apart of my dream, Vance." She took his hands into her own hands, which were delicate and warm, but he could feel her strength. She could still feel her heart beating, and she wondered if he could hear it, too.

17/18

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance instinctively tried to move away, but forced his reflexes to stop. He closed his eyes, trying to get control of himself. He was losing composure, and he couldn't maintain a perfect degree of control. No matter what he tried, he couldn't escape from the rush, the sensory overload. He opened his eyes as her hands clasped around his. He closed his hands around hers too and looked into her eyes. He smiled. She was using his own words against him. Not against him. To remind him. To remind him that if he really wanted this, then he could fight for it to have it. Right now... He saw no reason not to make that choice. He couldn't find any words, so he did the next best thing he could think of. Vance freed his hands from hers and embraced her.
    "I can't find the words," He spoke quietly. "So I have to let my actions speak for me." He closed his eyes and allowed himself to melt into the moment. To feel the warmth of her against him, to feel her curls brushing against his cheek. In that moment, for that moment, Vance Dorian felt a solitary, unique, and precious moment of peace. He had no idea if he would ever find it again, but it didn't matter. The moment was all that mattered. He even forgot that all this was happening inside the sewer of a city of pale people who hadn't seen the light for far, far too long. He forgot about the troubles with Thea. He forgot everything. Everything except her. He allowed himself that, for once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.