Digital Art I'm rusty

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Feenie, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

But I wanted to try and get back into digital art stuff because it's fun cool rewarding better than playing video games all day.

So here's a thing I made in Affinity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's super basic but I'm not really keen on doing anything flashy. I'm not super happy with it [i hate working with 3D renders] but hey ho. CnC would be appreciated.

2. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Since you called me out on viewing the thread, I would I'd respond. Aren't you lucky? ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)

I am not that experienced with graphics at all so my feedback may not prove super helpful. I think it's a nice attempt for ~jumping back~ into the swing of things. I know 3D renders aren't your favourite thing but I like the placement of Link in this! I think the light effect/whatever is distracting and overpowering, taking away from a piece. Perhaps it could look nice with subtle colours + less of the lighting effect? (judging from the yellow in the background)

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

I really love what you've done with the colors and the light editing, I like it when light overwhelms personally so it may seem super distracting to some but it gets an A+ from me. I personally prefer version 1 over version 2, because the shadow effect (I think that's what you used) just kind of looks like it's been overfeathered towards the left. If it was intended to be shadow I would have moved it slightly more towards the left. If the intent was feathering, I would have made it like, half a point smaller maybe? Like if it was 2px, make it 1.5px

Otherwise, I really love this and you a great job. Colors. Mmm.

4. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

How d a r e you.

I usually try to go for good placements but it often just comes down to what looks good in my eyes rather than slaving over the rule of thirds, so thank yeeee. Also the light was meant to be overpowering, though it was a lot worse before I fiddled around trying to fix it. Getting used to the software and whatnot.

Thank you!

That effect you're talking about was honestly a lot more simpler than that lmao. I just duplicated the render layer and chucked a gaussian blur on it - it's something I've been doing for a while to try and make my renders blend into the background a little better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Shrug.

But yessss I love overpowering lights and colours. I was tempted to add a more obvious lens flare on (because I'm a s u c k e r for lens flare), but I thought it might hurt people's eyes lmao.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Getting in a bit more practice with Affinity before bed, and hey, no one else is posting anything so why not.

[​IMG]

Character - Thresh: The Chain Warden [Championship Thresh] (League of Legends)

I'm personally really happy with this one, though I think I might have overcrowded it a little bit? Idk. Might be a little too bright all things considered but I still like it. CnC appreciated of course~

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Woof, funky. I don't think it's crowded at all, it's just much busier on the right-hand side. What I would do is introduce some sharper waves to the bottom-left, to make the transition less flat. I like the border effect, if it didn't terminate as abruptly I think I'd like it even more. Like if it faded into a color similar to the BG, then vanished. Other than that I ain't mad, good stuff.

7. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Thank you!

I gave your suggestion a go, and though I think I probably could have fiddled around with it a little more I think even just with this the whole image just flows better as a whole.

[​IMG]

I also added some text one another version to try and help make it feel more full, but I personally think I prefer it without text (creates too many focal points with it imo)

[​IMG]

As for the border, no amount of fiddling helped me fix it up, unfortunately.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That works much better. The text definitely isn't killing it, you could save both versions imo.

9. Sadden Blood Warrior Lost in the mind! Help help me god!!!!! Their afte

Really digging it, i used to dabble in this stuff a while back when i was younger. Prolly could still do it now, but its nice to see people are still interested in this type of stuff. I feel like a softer glow would be nicer than the contrast-like lighting you got going there though. But that's just my own opinion. Keep up the good work