Support Solved I'm interested in a Mechanical Keyboard. Any experts?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Sebax, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

First things first: My keyboard is dying. I have to type some buttons more than once while typing, there's a slow response, and I have cleaned it. There's even a few keys missing and the Space bar is one of the worstoffenders. Okay, so that was on purpose, but I keep having to go back and edit things I shouldn't have to for looking like that.

I can post casually like this, but probably not going to write full stories that well. I hear Mechanical Keyboards work great for writers, but they usually tend to be geared towards Gamers. Nearly all of the articles I've seen display how well it lets you have a split second advantage on other players, so there's only the occasional article on typing for the sake of typing.

Specs:

• I'd like to stay below $200
    • I have done some research. So far, I like Daskeyboard, Roccat, and Max Keyboard the most.
    • I'm looking for a Brown Switch.
    • Just looking for advice. Best would be "Here's a bad choice, how to avoid it, and why".
    • I'd prefer illuminated keys where the letters light up. Which makes the Max Keyboard Nighthawk a favorite contender at the moment. It helps that it's blue; not digging the red ones.
    Any writers out there on a Mechanical Keyboard or something else?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't think you need anything super expensive.

After getting tired of the problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse (keyboard had times where it wouldn't work or lag and I had to move it around in the air until it started receiving the signal properly again from the USB plugin in the tower and the mouse just needed its battery replaced frequently), I got basic wired keyboard and mouse from Amazon, and it's been working perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wired-Keyboard-Mouse-Bundle/dp/B00B7GV802/

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

My family uses the Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard on the main computer...or rather used, since the main computer doesn't work anymore. We've had it for years now, and it's still a really nice keyboard. It's nice on the hands and doesn't give you cramps much like most others do. It's about $80 on amazon, but it'll last you a while

4. The Fuk? Dead

I have a Ducky Shine II with black keys. It's worked very well for over 2 years now. It's illuminated.

5. Arch Mana Knight

I use a Tesoro SAINT G3NL. Aluminum body, brown switches, and just overall really freaking awesome. Comes in both a standard silver metal color and black. It has a few illumination settings, a handful of extra function keys, a built-in microphone and headphone port and an extra usb port. Also it has some really nice sturdy rubber stands so you can have the keyboard flat, slightly elevated, or slightly more elevated(what I use). It's not the quietest keyboard but if you're wanting brown I'm pretty sure you don't care about the noise.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth mechanical keyboard. Honestly it really just depends on what you want. I prefer the brown switches (only available on the stealth edition because browns are more quiet than blues). They still give you a great tactile click and have improved my typing speed and accuracy quite a bit. It also helps that I take a lot of classes online, and enjoy playing PC games, those two reasons alone make whatever price they may put this at, well worth it (within reason of course). If you don't really type a lot of play a lot of PC games, I wouldn't really worry about it. However if you do I would highly suggest going on youtube and looking up some quality mechanical keyboards and a good mouse as well. This (in my opinion) will improve the overall PC gaming experience far more than a few more extra frames, as many people tend to be torn between a quality keyboard and better PC parts.

Also (despite the technology constantly getting better) I always avoid wireless or Bluetooth anything. Wired has always given me a better experience when it comes to a mouse and keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.