If you could live forever.......

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Tadashi, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Tadashi Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok, so what I mean is that:
    You could never age.
    You can never die.
    All your wounds heal no matter how fatal.
    (btw, I didn't mean to leave this out, but you can feel pain.)

And what I want to know is:
    What are the first things you would do?
    How would you continue living your life?
    Do you think you would get bored eventually?
    If you got bored, would you die if there was a way to do so?

2. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

The first thing i'd do is everything I'm originally afraid to do. If I can't die, and heal no matter how fatal, what's there to be afraid of? Then I'd proceed to beat the living sh!t out of everybody who's seriously pissed me off. See if they take me seriously then. I'd continue living my life as is. there's nothing wrong with how I'm living now. I don't believe I'd get bored living forever. It'd be too much fun but if I ever did get sick of seeing everybody I love die before me, yes I'd die if there was a way.

3. Tadashi Merlin's Housekeeper

I like the way you approached it. But just keep in mind that you may not be able to die, but you can still feel pain.

4. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Hmm you're right, but most the stuff I'm afraid to do isn't that life threatening. And the hurting people, I'll wait until their slow so I can just turn tail and flee before they get a swing at me. XP it'd be so much fun if I could live forever I'd probably forget about everything else and just travel the world. Living forever I'm sure I'd figure out some way to make a lot of money fast. Like the cure to cancer.

5. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

I'm hoping that since we are unable to die, that the people around us are also unable to die. Or that we get to choose a few people that we want to spend forever with, because it'd be too lonely to see everyone that means something to you always leaving. And with that being said, I'd want to live forever with whomever is my soul mate. Hopefully that person doesn't get annoyed with me, though. o:

I would definitely rob a bank, though. Or play the lottery so many times that I just happened to win. I'd want to be rich if I lived forever. I'd start by traveling all of Europe. Or maybe not all of it, but at least to the lovely countries. Eventually I might try to visit every country, but I suppose there are a few countries I wouldn't enjoy visiting. Since traveling won't really take me that long to do, I really don't know what I would do with the rest of my life, to be honest. I'd probably get bored with myself. But I would definitely try a few things that would normally kill me, just for the thrill of it all. I'd probably play some tricks on old people, because it'd be like, "haha, I'm never getting old. Sucks to be you."

I'd probably get depressed, though, that I couldn't age. I mean, I'd probably like being young at first, but all a girl really wants is to fall in love and grow old with that person. At least, that's what I want out of life, lol.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I actually believe in a future like this, but I won't get into that. One of the first things I would do is listen to my favorite music while I run around town with happiness. Then I would confess my true feelings to everyone I know, seeing that I won't get hurt/in any real trouble. I can't find it in my to cause any kind of real troube, so it could get a little boring after awhile. If I could live forever and never get injured, I guess that would mean that I wouldn't get exausted either. I would probably spend a full week reading all of the books I have unfinished.

The rest of my life would be spent doing what I do today, help those who are around me. Because I wouldn't age, I would somewhat stay relevent to young people, those who I try to connect with. Since I see struggles of others all around me, my mission would never be finished, and so I will have to keep on living. :) If I did want to die though, I would NEVER kill myself. I would just pray that my mission, in His eyes, is over and I can finally go home.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I sincerely hope a few other people are immortal, otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do with myself. If they are, I'll probably end up in a Baccano! sort of deal where we all hang out and play dominoes, and possibly dabble in large-scale organized crime. Beyond that, I suppose I could always fall back on my plan to become the quintessential Necessary Evil of the world. I can see my unlife going a lot of different ways, but I think I'd cope with it reasonably well--for longer than most, at least.

8. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    If I could be immortal...

That would would be hard. Cause if I were the only immortal and my loved one would just die time and time again. I don't think I would want to be. But if I were to be what I would do is maybe try and conquer all of my fears. Casue that way I have many chances to fix all of my mistakes and then I'd have no fear of anything anymore. I would also try and do things that are not possible and even maybe try to find a new life forms out there in this big world.

9. Tadashi Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually it's not a hard decision for me. If I could live forever I would use it as a chance to escape my current life. I would travel the world and living in a different country every few decades or so. I'm in a bit of a bad spot now so I would use the opportunity to find myself. Also I would like to see what the most remote regions have to offer...
    :ninjacat:

10. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Join the U.S Army. I would never die, so I wooould just keep fighting until I win. I guess...

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My answer is similar to Tummers.

I would probably spend weeks just finishing all the kingdom hearts 100% and read all the books I have neglected or haven;'t got around to reading. I would learn Japanese so I could speak it fluently and watch all the anime in it's native language. I would visit Japan and america with some friends. I would serve others and help them out in any way I can and I would be useful any way I can. I would stay with my family until they passed and then I would go wider into the world and probably go on missionary work to Ethiopia (and other countries). There is so much to do that I would try to complete and do, like I would study different subjects and get degrees in a lot of different things and learn all I can.

I would get bored at some point I'm sure but I would probably pray to God to kill me when he deems worthy (IMO).

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Learn. Experience. Do.
    Write an epic poem, learn a marial art, walk across the globe, discover a new language, a new culture, invent. Enjoy life. Make the world better for others and leave my mark.
    With infinite time I would be able to do anything I can and would try to do so. I may however try to lay low as much as possible. If I was immortal in this world people would want me, to experiment me, capture me, restrict me, actually try to kill me. That's a wasted life even if it is infinite. So I would take my time to do things, but without. The world really knowing who I am. To say the least my life would be dramatic.

Oh and play the Kingdom Hearts 3 even if it takes a century until it comes out!

13. raceing227 Destiny Islands Resident

I'd go in the water, and since I can't die, explore the whole ocean. That'll keep meh busy for a long time. Oh, and play all the pokemon games the world has to offer! :>

14. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

If I could live forever I'd probably kill myself. Why? Because living forever does not guarantee that I'll stay young forever. It's simply infeasible to think that. Even if I did, I'd still grow old physically due to the stress on my body. I'd grow older and older into my hundreds and eventually "die" anyway just because of the strain that my body will have to take in order to do anything to stay even remotely self sufficient. By my 200th birthday I'd probably be brain-dead or close to it. I may even be aware of everything around me, but unable to affect anything. By 500 there might be a chance that I could be brought back to at least being able to communicate, but it would still be an incredibly boring life where I'd be able to do absolutely nothing useful but talk. After 1000 years technology might enable me to actually move around, but it would still probably hurt like hell. By my 2000th birthday I'd likely be back to a comfortable life, but at the expense of however much the surgery cost and a wait of over 1000 years.

In other words, once I hit my years of senility things would start going downhill, and it would be hundreds of years before they got any better. Definitely not worth it.

15. Aura Goddess

As it's been said already before, it'd be nice to have other people be immortal with me. It'd get extremely lonely and depressing if I ended up seeing all the people I loved die while I couldn't die.

I don't know what I'd do, to be honest. I think I'd only end up isolating myself away from people so I wouldn't be able to see them die. Watching people die is something I doubt I can handle since I've already seen it once. Anyway, if I had people who were immortal with me, I guess one thing I'd like to do with them is travel. Go to places I want to see, places they want to see and so on.

I don't think I would get bored if people were with me, but if I was alone, then I'm pretty sure I would get "bored". Although, I doubt it'd be boredom; it'd probably be loneliness or something.

16. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I'd hope to live for a very long time, but not forever. If I could live forever, I'd count it as a curse just as much as I would count it a blessing.

It'd be nice because, eventually, many of my fantasies would be fulfilled. Like, seeing humanity go to space and other planets, or watching technology advance so much. (btw, would i not change physically, either?) Eventually I would become extremely fit so that, even with my immortality, I could take on any challenge. Assuming that, since I can't die, I couldn't drown, I'd explore the depths of the ocean. I'd help scientist do things that would be fatal for humans. I would probably study in every field I'm interested in, especially philosophy. I'd have all the time in the world to think about it. There are so many things to do, I doubt I would ever get bored. I'd unlock secrets other people would never even think of.

It would also be awful, because, even now, I wonder about death. What comes after it, if anything. Being immortal, I would never be able to find out. That question, the one question I'd never be able to answer, would always be on my mind. It would be a shame to never find out the answer. Along the way, I'd make so many friends, but I'd lose just as many to accidents, old age, sickness. However many companions I would gain, truly, I would always be alone. That would be the biggest curse of all.

I'd love to live forever, but I also would like to die someday. Maybe, though, in my infinite years of being alive, I could find some way to bring back the dead. If I did, then I'd find some way to die. I would then use that way to die, just to find out what happens after death, and then I'd come back to life to be with people, and watch humanity advance even more.

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

What are the first things you would do? If anyone I knew was in danger i'd help them. Like if someone pointed a gun to their head i'd jump in front of it. Then i'd get all the revenge i've ever wanted to.
    How would you continue living your life? I would do whatever I wanted to since I couldn't die. Even if I could feel pain it would never be fatal.
    Do you think you would get bored eventually? Bored, or sad. Either one would happen at some point. Especially when everyone I care about dies.
    If you got bored, would you die if there was a way to do so? If I was depressed i'd probably find ways to do so but just out of boredom? No.

18. Jin うごかないで

hmm well since i would never age i'm happy i'd swim to the bottom of the atlantic ocean seeing wats down their but swimming back to the surface would brutally damage me i'd live my normal life then become infamous (known for crime) since i'm imortal i cant die then i'd tunnel to the center of the earth trying to kill myself

19. Styx That's me inside your head.

Do people even read the first post these days? It clearly says "You can't age" and "You can't die".

Since the OP said that you can feel pain, I seriously doubt you'd ever finish such an endeavor. Not to mention you won't be seeing anything of "what's down there" since you're experiencing the excrutiating pain that is water pressure.
    Also, crime isn't cool, kids. Having "becoming known for crime" as a goal isn't something to be proud of.

What are the first things you would do?
    The first things? If I don't age, then what does it matter? I will do a lot of things I never could before, that I am sure of, but I don't think anything will have priority over the other. On the other hand...maybe the first thing I'd do is keep a log of what happens in my life and who I meet. With accumulating so much information would surely arise the need to sacrifice other memories. A logbook will at least slow down that process.

How would you continue living your life?
    Obviously I'll take more risks as far as my body is concerned. I might take up a couple more university courses so that I can cover all my interests. I'll write more, amongst other things I delay due to time constraints. Overall, I'll be more laid-back than I am at present, and that's saying something.

Do you think you would get bored eventually?
    I don't know. The ever-changing status of the planet in all its facets may be enough to keep me interested, or it may not. A very difficult question to answer at this point (I may come up with a decent answer if I give up more though, but screw that). I'll pass on this one.

If you got bored, would you die if there was a way to do so?
    If I get bored then obviously, yes.

20. Jin うごかないで

I'v had a change of mind : Live my normal life and when everyone i cared about has died and i'm left alone still with the aperance of a teenager i'd try to kill my self , trying to stop my heart and lungs working and if that didn't work i'd probally live my life in sadness and depression