Ideas for Role-Plays: Assessing Interest

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 23, 2016.

?

Which idea might you be interested in?

1. Sci-Fi Tournament!

42.9%
  2. Fantasy Tournament!

14.3%
  3. Harry Potter/Shadowhunters/Hunger Games/Etc. Crossover

42.9%
  4. Pokemon x Digimon

28.6%
  5. Turn another series into a Pokemon/Digimon styled story

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. GO GO POWER RANGERS

42.9%
  7. Nintendo or similar crossover

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So I'm thinking about creating another RP, but I'm stuck on exactly which idea to flesh out. I figured I could see what seems the most interesting to people here and make my decision based on that.
    I've got a few ideas:
    1. A tournament-style RP that's sci-fi based. Something like a Mecha-Battling RP, Racing (jets? Robots a la IGPX/Immortal Grand Prix?) Something like a handler/fighter relationship like Medabots?) Something like this makes me lean more towards Mecha Battling, but I'm not entirely sold on this idea. This could be either OC based, based off of an existing material (or several for a Crossover), or a mixture.
    2. A tournament-style RP that's fantasy inspired. Something like this would definitely have a class system (Knight, Monk, Archer, etc.) that wouldn't play too heavily into the RP and be that much of a big deal; I just like class systems. There would be a magic system. This one would probably strictly OC, but the classes and magic system would be broad, likely taking them from Final Fantasy. As for the tournament itself, it could be something as simple as a fight but would likely be more complicated (something akin to Hunger Games?)
    3. Possibly a revamped version of this Harry Potter RP. The original idea meant for elements from other popular young adult series like Hunger Games, Shadowhunters, and possibly Divergent and maybe certain others. There are different ways to do this. Originally, it was strictly Harry Potter, but certain items and terms from the other series would be included. There's another way I thought of where it's the Harry Potter world, but the Triwizard Tournament itself is replaced with something more akin to the Hunger Games (or some kind of merger between the two) and maybe...Shadowhunters are competing against Wizards? There's a way to merge the mythologies of the two into a cohesive story, I just haven't put the effort into it yet (don't want to get ahead of myself). This would be OC based (historical figures and possibly authority figures from the series are still there, but not the main characters).
    4. A streamlined (see: fewer characters) version of this Nintendo crossover RP. Some kind of Dissidia-like RP, but using Nintendo properties. Theoretically, it could turn into a Super Smash Brothers RP or be expanded to include other properties somehow. In other words, a crossover RP based on popular video game series.
    5. Pokemon x Digimon Crossover RP. Not 100% sure exactly what to do with this, but there are a few ways: Combine the universes into one so Digimon and Pokemon have always coexisted or -what I'm leaning towards- some event happens that smashes the two universes together and the characters have to fix it. This would be OC based. I've thought about including other similar properties, but I don't know many of them like this (Yokai Watch? Puzzles and Dragons?). OC-based
    6. Similar to #5, someone once suggested a kind of creature and master version of other series. Taking Final Fantasy for example, but instead of Pokemon/Digimon, the characters are partnered with domesticated (and smaller/weaker) versions of Summons and monsters. Kingdom Hearts, but with Heartless, Unversed, Nobodies, etc. being the creatures. I'm not too fond of this idea, but regardless, I had the idea anyway from brainstorming romhacks. OC-based or with existing characters or both.
    7. A Power Rangers RP. Either with an original idea, one of the existing series, a crossover between the series, or a crossover between series with new OC rangers included.
    Any tournament centered RP would not be stats based or predetermined. I'd let Role-Players work it out in-story and only intervene when necessary. And the tournament itself won't be the whole story, either. There would be plenty of room for a story and character moments.
    I've thought about doing a tournament with teams, but that would require either several Role-Players or several characters per Role-Players. Depending on interest, I'll keep my mind open for this.
    So...any thought, ideas?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

1. I think mini-mechs like IGPX (i had to look up some videos to figure out what it was like) or power armor would be better than something like Medabots. I'd personally rather do something with OCs than pre-existing characters, as I'm not really well-versed enough in robot/mech shows.

3. I'm still upset that that RP never took off, so I'd be happy to participate in this should you go with this (and i might wind up reusing and tweaking my characters if you go with it). Going Hunger Games for the main competition would definitely bring high stakes, which can be interesting, but on the other hand, it would make it high stakes all the time. I think something more like the Triwizard Tournament would allow more easily for breaks from the action for other things. The concept of Shadowhunters vs. wizards does intrigue me; I've been considering getting back into the TMI world since the new Shadowhunters TV show came out.

4. psst you left this one off the poll Redoing the Nintendo RP with fewer characters sounds fun; the big reason I wound up falling out of that RP was trying to control too many characters.

7. GO GO POWER RANGERS. I think making new OC Rangers would be more fun and also more accessible to people who want to join but only ever watched the show as kids e.g. me.

3. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

I think the Pokemon x Digimon would be really fun. I like the idea of the two universes smashing together, it would be interesting to see how people with Digimon, who they consider them to be their life best friend and partner, and how they can feel each other's pain (Digimon is my fave) would react to the others using their Pokemon to fight other Pokemon and people. I feel like it could even spiral into a war of some sort. Where the Digi-Destined were so horrified about how the Pokemon trainers were using their Pokemon they started a war for like, Poke-freedom, where they could used to only fight corrupted Digi/Pokemon and not for sport.

4. Shuhbooty moon child

I'm really feeling the Harry Potter RP. I like the Pokemon X Digimon crossover/ however I'm not too familiar with Digimon.

But I think a Crossover with The Hunger Games/Shadow Hunters with HP would be a cool idea/merge. (I'm not a fan of Divergent- sorry) Where the main theme could HP base but the world is connect by co-existing with the Shadow Hunters (they live in the forest, amung humans etc like the series) and the Hunger games? (like the people are human but they have certain characteristics like the series). And they come together? To forum a new TWT? Or a new life all together? (idk if this makes any sense, but aye).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.