Dream Drop Distance I want to hear some opinions on something...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Blazer48, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Blazer48 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok so my Idea behind my latest Keyblade was a fusion between 2 other keyblades. It turned out great and I coined the term 'Keyfuse' but what I want to know is do you think the idea of fusing things together to make something more powerful is overrated?

I think it is a matter of how often it is used. If it's used too much then i would say yes but if not then no. What are your thoughts?

(for those of you who want to see the result of the keyblade: http://www.kh-vids.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29309&d=1320690724 )

2. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Neat! What two Keyblades?

It doesn't seem overrated to me. Sure, it gets used a LOT these days, but it would still be neat in a KH game. It would have to use a different format than other games though.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Sounds like the next step of Drive gauges to me. The idea of fusing keyblades...little shaky on it to be honest. It COULD be good if it's done right, but..yeah fusions tend to have a habit of becoming overpopulated and ruin the game/show (yes i'm referring to DBZ).

4. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Keyfuses sound's really good. It sounds like it would add some more customization. Knowing Square-Enix, if they do take this idea to mind, they wouldn't go overboard.

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Sounds cool, it would add to the RPG feel as you're bound to find fusion of weapons or some such in a SE RPG, like Final Fantasy.

6. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

If this idea is used, it makes me think if they could do something similar to the Materia system in FFVII or the customization in FFX. Like the command system in BBS, we could meld spells and attacks together into the Keyblade. Hm.

7. Krowley Moderator

If you mean fuse, like the melding they use in Birth by sleep, I'd say leave it be.
    You already get stronger keyblades the further you get in the game.
    It would be neat, but unnecessary.

8. Llave Superless Moderator

In theory it would be a good idea, but overall I think it would be a sign of desperation on SE's behalf. Nomura has a good reputation of making some sweet blades, I don't think they would ever get to the point where they need to fuse them in order to make more.

If you have Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and then you "Keyfuse" them together to make Two Become One, It would seem as a cheap way of getting it. If my memory serves (which it doesn't always), keyblades are the reflection of the soul. Therefore, if one was "destroyed" in this new process, wouldn't that taint the soul of the wielder?

It kind of reminds me of 358/2 Days. The keyblades were not as "personal" and there were an abundance of them. You could get higher versions of the Keyblades by collecting more. Also, In Re:Coded, as you fought with a keyblade, it had a meter gauge on levels. The more experience you earned, the more powerful the blade becomes.

I don't really know my fullest opinion on the matter. It could be cool, yet it could be just a useless point in the game. If something like this were to happen, say in KHIII, maybe you could do a "moogle quest" to make the Ultima weapon by collecting scrap Keyblades in the Keyblade Graveyard. Depending on what certain blades you take depends on the stats and the physical appearance of the Ultima. (Don't forget there would most likely be other materials you would need, like a certain amount of Orichalcum+ )

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm gonig to move this to Kingdom hearts 3D as it's main discussion is about future games.

~moved

I do quite like this idea though, it kind of reminds me of how you can attach upgrades to the keyblades in KH Days to possibly change the blade's appearance. I think being able to merge keyblades would take up a lot of memory and it may not be needed although it does seem like a very interesting aspect to add to the game as it doesn't make it so monotonous.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is a concept I've used in RPs a couple of times with mixed results. I personally think it could work if designed by someone more skilled than me.

We see the χ-blade has two link points. It just also has a special keychain that used both. Potentially if the blade ever became playable then that could be the key fuse medium. But that seems like it would have to be late game KH3 so that makes it a bit harder to justify.

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, it all depends on how realistic the fusion would be.

If the power level increases a bit then I think it's fine. If you fuse the Ultima Weapon with another Keyblade and say that it has infinite power, then it becomes a bit annoying.

Also, I can see a bit of the Oblivion in your fusion but which other Keyblade did you use...? I can't tell.

12. Blazer48 Merlin's Housekeeper

First off, I want to say how surprised i was at the feedback. Second, this isn't a keyfuse of ANY Keyblade in a game to date. It was a keyfuse between two of my other created keyblades:

Cosmic Warrior
    and
    Universal Conquest

It does kinda look like oblivion though...

13. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Eh, I guess. Not really something you'd expect. Like the others said, it's cool, but unnecessary.

14. Krown King's Apprentice

I honestly don't have a problem with it at all
    Just as long it doesn't look to familiar as the original two items

15. Kayate King's Apprentice

Fusing two keyblades together...
    Oblivion and Oathkeeper...
    I shall call it... Oathlivion.
    Oblivion's Oath?
    Yep.

I think it would be a pretty good idea, actually. But used only like a Drive Form. Where you have one certain moment you can do that sort of thing.

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Given that we have the command fusion systems in BBS and Re:Coded as well as the panel...connection...things in Days, this seems like the logical next step to customizing your character. It would have to work similarly to the command fusion system in Re:Coded though. Level them up properly, and then be allowed to have them both equipped at the same time to allow new/shared abilities. It would also have to be not so much "fusion" and more "stat/ability combination." They'd have their abilities combined or active at the same time and the "top" Keyblade would be what you see in the field, possibly with both keychains to signify that they were combined. If they do it like that, I'm all for it.

17. AMRES Destiny Islands Resident

So, in essence and in short, this is a good idea. So it could be done and be done right, considering this is Square Enix. But then again it is indeed an unnecessary feature and the series could go on without. However, it could be added to make things a bit more interesting.

I specially like the "Keyfusing" term you came up with. Moreover, the notion of finding fragments of a keyblade to build a keyblade itself seems a bit more interesting to me at least; more like I prefer "Keycrafting" to "Keyfusing".

18. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

19. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

MAN! Keycrafting would be awesome! I think it would be great if there was something like a special slot, where you can create a keyblade, and depending how you build it, it would have a different range/power/speed/ability (like re:coded), but you could only have one, and for you to make another, you would have to break the previous one, and the ultimate combination would make the ultima key.

20. SoXra Merlin's Housekeeper

Custom Keyblade

that would actually be pretty damn cool. i mean it could be pretty damn good feature to make an custom keyblade. imagine you can pick one keyblade effect (finishing plus, ground combo boost, etc) and merge magic boost and drive boost to it. im sure if we are talking about kh Nomura would do it perfectly.