I miss you and it hurts...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Laurence_Fox, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I didn't want to post this in the Spam Zone because I am currently crying my eyes out and I don't want this to be taken the wrong way.

I had to put one of my cats to sleep this past Tuesday. A cat that was pretty much my constant companion for 10 years. I loved him to death and now he's gone.

His liver and several other vital systems were shutting down. He had fluid in his abdomen and he had virtually no muscle mass. We had no indication he was in any sort of pain until Tuesday morning. Up until that point he was happy and energetic. I didn't want to prolong his suffering.

He was in my dreams last night. Mom thinks it was his way of letting me know he was okay. But I had to go through seeing what could have been and having to wake up with the knowledge that he was gone all over again.

I put on a strong face at work but I've been crying for the past 2 hours. I keep thinking I see him out of the corner of my eye and that just hurts because he's not there. He won't be there.

I try to put on this facade that I have no emotions but now you see that I'm just as human as the rest of you. I do have feelings and right now they hurt.

Because I will never see this face again.

[​IMG]

Rest in Peace, Lucky.

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Laurence, i'm so sorry that you had to lose a pet and a dear friend. I had no idea you were feeling this way. It's always sad to lose someone so dear to you. This, sadly, is a part of life. We sometimes lose the ones we're most closest to. There's not much I could say to take the pain your feeling away, except you should rest easy knowing your friend is no longer having to suffer. We can never forget our dearest friends, and you never will. The pain your feeling now can only fade a little in time.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. If you ever want to talk about anything, i'll gladly listen. Lucky looks like an amazing cat. I'm sure he was happy to be with you. Hold your memories close to your heart, and he'll never leave your side.

3. 61 No. B

My aunt and uncle had to put down a dog that they got around the same time I was born last year or the year before. It really hurt the whole family, but none more than my aunt. When my younger cousin was very very little she fell down the stairs, my aunt started having a panic attack or something, until the dog came over and started to lick my cousin, she started laughing. Luckily my cousin was fine, but it was the dog who helped my aunt get it together. Needless to say the dog had become a part of the family after having been around for 13+ years, it was there during all of the holiday celebrations or family vacations or whatever. We still miss her, and though we always knew that her life would be brief, she was still an important member of our family.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Wow, that's crazy. I've also had to deal with a few pets who have died, and they've all hurt. Having your cat for so long, I can only imagine what you're going through. It's okay to express yourself; no reasonable person would blame you right now. Just know that everything will be okay and that Lucky would want you to be happy, but you should take your time to heal.