I have no clue what to do next.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Flinch Cat, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Flinch Cat Moogle Assistant

(Please forgive me because I had no clue where to post this. So I guess lock/move this thread if it's in the wrong place, thanks!)

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again: I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and the entirety of Dream Drop Distance. I know that there's a lot more to Kingdom Hearts than that, but... I have no clue which game to play next.

I really, REALLY hate playing things out of order, and I keep hearing not to touch Chain of Memories with a ten foot pole, so I have no clue which game to play next? Can anyone help me out?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If chronological order is what you're looking for, KH goes like this:

BBS --> KH1 --> CoM --> 358/2 Days --> KH2 --> Re:coded --> KH3D

As for Chain of Memories, I will say its gameplay was very polarizing among fans (I despised the gameplay personally), but like each game in the series, does have an importance to the overall story.

3. Flinch Cat Moogle Assistant

I've heard the horror stories about Chain of Memories, mostly because of its battle system. I guess I'll learn to get used to it when I start playing it.

Er, I'm going to feel a little bit dumb for asking, but what consoles are all of these on?

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

• BBS (PSP, PS3[part of 2.5 HD ReMix])
    • KH1 (PS2, PS3[part of 1.5 HD ReMix])
    • CoM (GBA, PS2, PS3[part of 1.5 HD ReMix])
    • 358/2 Days (DS, PS3[story condensed to 'movie' in 1.5 HD ReMix])
    • KH2 (PS2, PS3[part of 2.5 HD ReMix])
    • Re:coded (DS, PS3[story condensed to 'movie' in 2.5 HD ReMix])
    • KH3D (3DS)

5. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

All of them. And that is far from a Hyperbole. Luckily, the developers condensed them. Still, there's something to the original content in the original ports, if you have the systems and the cash.

I had a list here, but Groot beat me to it. Grrrr.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

The PS2 remake was a lot better, in my opinion.

7. Explode Who?!

Personally I really enjoy Chain of Memories for what it is, but I wouldn't want them to repeat the gameplay in another installment. It's surprisingly deep, and fun once you get used to it, but it is kind of a relief when you move on to another game and don't have to worry about cards.

If you know everything that happens in the games, it doesn't really matter which order you play them in. If it's all new to you, I wouldn't recommend going to BBS next. It's not that it spoils anything, but some of the reveals/certain scenes will have much more impact if you played the others first. CoM is a good starting place for you. Then you can continue in release order (Days, BBS, ReCoded). That's the safest bet. Though personally I think going in order of ReCoded -> Days -> BBS is kind of interesting. The way ReCoded ends kind of gives reason for the story to go back to the past and branch out naturally, rather than them being there just to fill in the gaps. If you were to do that, I WOULD say hold off on watching the ReCoded secret ending until you finish everything else, but you already played DDD, so that little spoiler doesn't really matter.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  8. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I just realized that I will never know what it's like to play the games in Chronological order. But there is a whole new generation of gamers who can. Pardon me while I go into another room to have an existential dilemna.

Good luck with your adventure, Flinch Cat.