i hate shakespeare

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by gintasthebest, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I have a deep love of Hamlet.
    Especially when he's played by a hot dude.
    Especially David Tennant.

Didn't care for any Romeo and Juliet, and Macbeth was only amusing to me because my teacher purposely got the bloodiest version she could find. And the King in that version looked like the Burger King.
    Julius Caesar I mostly slept through.

I was in a production of Midsummer Nights Dream and it was fun. I got two lines and a pretty costume.

hamlet tho. love me some hamlet.

2. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Shakespeare was a lot like the guys who made Atlantic Rim or whatever. He took other people's ideas, made them accessible to the poor crowd, and was just in it for the munz. Midsummer's is good, though.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'm reading Othello atm, and I can see why Shakespeare is either really loved or really despised. I'm liking it so far, though. I'll admit, using the No Fear translations helps a ton, but after having read through three acts, I'm starting to get a handle on ye olde writing style.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I absolutely adore Shakespeare : D sure it's confusing and hard to get your head around (which is a massive turn off for basically everyone) but the man is amazing, I studied Hamlet at great lengths last year for my exam and let me tell you how much I enjoyed it. Then again, it spoke a lot to me :3 and my teacher was a crazy man who was so passionate about english literature that it infected the classes and spread to the students xD