I booked a fancy restaurant for Friday

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Calxiyn, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Edited by Admin

2. Shuhbooty moon child

OH MY GOD IS THAT A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL?!

HOW EXCITING I'M SO EXCITE FOR YOU EEEEE CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU <33

3. Krowley Moderator

Representing the entirety of khv, we're gonna need some time to think about it before we give you a definitive answer.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Edited by Admin

5. Shuhbooty moon child

That's even more thrilling!! I can't wait to hear the details. D; -impatiently waits for Friday-

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Edited by Admin

7. Shuhbooty moon child

This is the cutest thing ever to read. (I'm so surprised he measured it too! Such creativity of the juke) WOULD BE ACTING WEIRD ALSO IT'S HARD TO CONTAIN STUFF LIKE THIS!!

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Don't worry, just act natural.
    [​IMG]

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, I find stuff like that silly, but even I admit I'd have loved to have seen his reaction when you measured the size. Was there an "I told you so?" after the second measurement?

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

See if someone told me the size was different at night compared to day and I saw the difference, my reaction basically would have been this

12. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

w e w

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It's a shame that the restaurant plans fell through, but it will all work out fine and then that will be a bit you can laugh about afterwards.

Can I just say I'm way more excited for this than I have any right to be?

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Edited by Admin

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I knew someone was going to do this! Lol.

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Glad I didn't disappoint.

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Congratulations! You two look like you're really in love, and you belong together. :)

Idk what kind of wedding you want, but here are some words of advice from my experience:
    • Don't freak out about too many RSVP's, about a fourth of the people who say they're coming actually won't.
    • Online registries want you to have twice as many gift options as you have invitations. Don't worry about this; just put the stuff you want on there, or you'll end up getting presents you only picked to meet the quota, while a lot of the stuff you did want won't get purchased at all.
    • Sometimes guests will ignore the registry and give you other things- so if you get three waffle-makers, try to return them before it's too late. XD
    • If you have limited amount of time to decorate, do other things earlier in the week, like putting favors together, so you can decorate on the day of the wedding, instead of having to sit and put those favors together when time is going by faster than you thought possible.
    • If you make favors, put them in a place where people can easily see them and take some. Try to avoid sticking them in a box on a staircase to pass out later, and then forgetting about them so that your family finds a box full of candy and keychains later when it's too late to give them to the guests. XD
    • If you have a long-distance move the same day you get back from the honeymoon, don't put your wedding and engagement rings in their case and stick them in a box for safekeeping. Keep them with you and wear them whenever you can (you probs won't have this problem since you'll have the correct ring size, mine were too big so I didn't want to risk having them fall off on a road trip) so that you always know where they are. If you pack them, then when you get to your final destination, you might discover that the only thing you managed to lose in the move was the wedding ring you wore for three days.
    • The wedding will cost much more than you thought it would. Take as many shortcuts as possible, but don't be afraid to get the things you want. Online shopping is your friend. I was able to have almost everything I wanted at my wedding by shopping wholesale sites and being willing to buy some things used, or even some things at freakin' Walmart, so that I could put my money towards the big things I wanted, like a harpist-violinist live duo at the reception, and the cake and dress.
    • Really really important: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMFORTABLE SHOES. XD You can get the prettiest, most elegant looking shoes in the world, but they absolutely HAVE to be comfortable, or you will spend the entire reception not wanting to leave your seat, and even walking around to talk to people will be painful, forget about dancing.
    • Don't put someone else in charge of music unless you absolutely trust them to get it done right. There were so many problems at my reception once it was time for dancing, because the music playlist was on youtube- and then their phone died. We got to listen to three of my favorite dance songs- and then the party was over.
    • Don't sacrifice what you want to satisfy the wants of others. Even the people who are incredibly important to you can accidentally blind themselves to what you want, and it can be really tempting to go back on something you planned to make them happy. You can try to compromise in areas you don't care as much about, but don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and say "Dad, I love you, and I know you think my cake costs too much money and I should just order a Costco Sheetcake like you and mom did, but I want a nice tiered one like the one I already ordered. I'm sorry." XD (And if the person you're standing up to seems to be angry with you about it, remember that their emotions are probably running as high as yours, and remind yourself they're not really mad at you, they're probably just really stressed out too.)
    • But even with all this, have fun, relax, and remind yourself over and over that the wedding itself isn't really what matters, the only thing that matters is when you walk down the aisle, he'll be there waiting for you. You have the rest of your lives to laugh about how this problem happened or that problem happened; this is going to be one of the happiest days of your life, and you don't need to stress out or be anxious- not that saying so will change anything. XD It's okay to be nervous, it's okay to be worried, but remember that the little things don't really matter in the long run. All that matters is the love you two share, that will undoubtedly last a lifetime.
    I really hope all that helps; it's all stuff I wish someone had told me before I sat down to plan my wedding. I know tastes are different, you might not even want a big or fancy wedding, maybe you just want a small gathering of the people you love. But hopefully at least some of this helps to relieve the stress of planning a wedding so that you can focus on what really matters, which is, of course, the love.

I know that was cheesy, but still. XD Congratulations and the best of luck to you both! :)

20. Arch Mana Knight

Congrats. c: Not gonna post a huge wall of text because whatever I say won't do anything for your happiness.

Now for a completely unnecessary point of view from me: I'd be upset if my girlfriend proposed to me. I'm a traditional old man. *old at 24* B(