Dream Drop Distance Hunter of the Dark/Cloaked Red-Eyed Figure Theory

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Mako Tsunami, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

Spoiler filler spoiler filler spoiler filler

Okay, so I was watching a few battles for BBS and came across something interesting. In Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix, we get a secret episode for Aqua (who I think gets way too much screen time). As the final boss for that episode, we get what we can only assume is a heartless with glowing red eyes.

This heartless is Vanitas. (imo)

Or at least, he has some relation to Vanitas, or he's of the same species (?) of Vanitas. In KH3D (see? The thread's on topic!) we've seen a trailer of a hooded, red-eyed figure who, by means of reading the manga, we've determined (or assumed) that he is Vanitas due to him being nothing but a red-eyed silhouette before Ven merges his heart with Sora's.

We Have Not Seen A Single Heartless With Red Eyes.

Additionally, why would Nomura throw in some random boss as the climax to Final Mix? It MUST hold some meaning, and the red eyes (which are emphasized upon many times in the battle) are the proof.

Additionally, the texture of the heartless' skin is similar to that of Vanitas' suit.
    [​IMG]

Please note that the red eyes aren't there because they're animations and not part of the model (I think)

EDIT:

Just found a video on Red-Eyes in KH3D. Prepare for a shocker.

First of all, the texture of his coat. It obviously matches that of the Dark Hunter.

Second, his first ability is to dim the room. Just like Dark Hunter.

Can you see the connection?

Discuss?

2. Always Dance Chaser

Yes, it's very obviously the same thing...but the significance of this, I can't be sure. It could possibly be Vanitas, because Vanitas does sort of exist in Sora, right?

3. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

This is true, but the specifics involving Vanitas weren't exactly written in stone after he was defeated. Maybe Dark Hunter was some piece of Vanitas that was shattered when the X-blade was broken, and had grown and developed into what it was within the Realm of Darkness? We simply don't know, but there is a connection.