Dream Drop Distance Hunchback in Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Daydreamer, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

No one really "Dies" in Kingdom hearts per say, they mostly just fade into the darkness or are consumed by it.
    Agreeing with JustANobody, I hope whoever is replacing Tony Jay does a good job. I also hope Clopin makes an appearance.
    Having an altered rendition of Hellfire would be awesome. For example, something like this;
    [video=youtube;4H5zOJnxBHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5zOJnxBHc&feature=related[/video]

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Am I the only who doesn't care about the changes and just happy that there is going to be a world based on the Hunchback of Notre Dame? It's not like I buy KH games to go over the same exact plot from the movies. Sure, I want the worlds to be faithful to their source material, but not too faithful. As for the Hunchback world in particular, I'm interested to see how they integrate the religious stuff into the KH universe.

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Through all of the Disney movies, the Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the darkest. It makes me happy that this world is being introduced to Kingdom Hearts, for it seems the series its getting more darker and darker components.

The Mickey Mouse club was great in the beginning, but this is getting serious now.

4. Daydreamer

People should expect more from their Kingdom Hearts worlds. I wouldn't be happy for a crappy sequel or movie adaption of a book just because it has the same characters. Like how I don't want to follow through a world with a minimum amount of characters and dialogue, with plot points that are just an excuse to get to the fighting.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

To be honest, my view of KH has drastically changed in the past few years. I don't see it as a Disney franchise anymore. I see it more as its own original franachise. I actually think the Disney characters (with a few exceptions) are just cameos like FF characters. I want the feeling that I'm playing KH, not The Hunchback of Notre Dame: The Video Game. Sure, I'd like to see several references to the movies they're based on, but as long as the story with Sora and Riku is moving forward, I'm happy.

6. Daydreamer

I'm all for Sora and company's journey though the worlds to ultimately enhance the story of Kingdom Hearts, but the problem is, for me, it doesn't. I thought that each of the Disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts games I've played were easily forgettable, and felt more like tasks than adventures. Disney characters should provide the story with meaningful input (like Maleficent). Original worlds were the places I had the most fun, no forced cameos, just pure story.

When I played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, I wanted to blaze through each world so that I could get to the next floor and see what happens. Between floors, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy would sometimes conveniently disappear so that Sora could have a conversation alone. Tarzan's world was missing without me even realizing it; Sora and others continue on their journey as if they've never been there, story unaffected. I think the same would go for any world based on our beloved Disney movies. Even if somehow Square Enix lost the legal rights to both Donald and Goofy, I think the story would still continue.

I want Square Enix to up the ante when it comes to Disney worlds and characters, or not include them at all.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I do want to point out that in the trailer just released today, Frollo is floating with darkness around him, mentioning something about the "Lord's judgment," then calling out a Dream Eater to attack Riku. Yeah, I think justice was done for Frollo's character in KH.