Chain of Memories Huh?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Vex123, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

This has probably already been posted before. One thing I dont get about nobodies is how they can remember. In COM, it's said that all memories are stored in the heart. However, nobodies, of course, do not have hearts. Therefore, logic says that nobodies cannot remember anything. However, nobodies seem to be able to remember orders and (usually) names, though. So, hasn't Nomura created a plothole in the game's story?

2. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

To quote Zena (i think) from the Simpsons, "When something like that happens... a wizard did it."

Speaking of wizards, I remember that Yen Sid said in KHII that Nobodies are able to think and plan, suggesting they have minds, where memories might be stored. Maybe the remark about memories in CoM was supposed to be metaphorical, as in the memories are linked to the heart in some way, but not necessarily stored there. Or it could be a translation blooper. If not, maybe there is a small plothole. But it is KH, so it doesn't necessarily have to make sense.

Well done for spotting that BTW.

3. Haseo Knight of Light

The Chain of Memories is located in the Heart, which is why Naminé-chan was able to manipulate Sora and Repliku's memories. But the actually memories are probably located in the Soul which is why all nobodies except Naminé-chan and Roxas can remember their past lives. Which is why Naminé-chan couldn't manipulate the Organization's memories, their Chain of Memories is gone, rather than their memories.

4. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

So what you're saying is that normal nobodies have memories, but they're just not connected?

5. Haseo Knight of Light

That's what I'm saying. Meaning that nobody (lawlz there's a pun there) like Naminé-chan can mess with their memories.

6. codevortex Moogle Assistant

but why roxas exists even he doesn't suppose to be exists???
    and why he has a heart???

7. EraserRain Banned

thats a huge plothole there !!

8. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

But then what really is a soul? 10

9. Cherry Berry Chaser

Well, I agree in the fact that nobodies might use their soul to actually merge in a few memories, and well, I think the soul is like a foot-print of the human's mind, the very essence of how the person is. A soul is invisible and cannot be found anywhere within the body.

10. Repliku Chaser

In KH, it is a question at times why some things happen. By what I've figured out, the Nobodies do still possess a soul and their minds, but otherwise are 'reborn' in the state they are of being incomplete, with new bodies and no Heart. So, I'd guess that the memories held in their former Hearts would probably be held by the soul and intact minds they possess. The emotions themselves are important to remembering because if you think about it, we can recall traumatic or great experiences but as time goes on, the small stuff seems to just kind of fade away. What would be a good question is how many memories do the Nobodies actually retain as being Nobodies themselves since they have no heart to decide the emotional impact of them. I'd almost think they then would have great short term memory but long term as a Nobody could be a problem and maybe that's why they have all those reminders around. So, their memories of their former lives would be possible by the soul and mind storing them from the past because they are done, but their long term memory as a Nobody may not be so keen if the heart is that important.

Also, I wouldn't say Roxas had a 'whole heart'. I think he had a part of one which was granted by being a Keyblade wielder connected to Sora and that the Keyblade was very important because with -no Heart- you couldn't really wield one. It judges you by your Heart. So it makes sense to say he at least had some of one and as time went on he also received Oblivion and Oathkeeper, connecting him to two more people that had Hearts (Riku and Kairi). He was an odd Nobody and he seems to have lost his body early on and Terra does make the inquiry to Master Xehanort "What did you do to his Heart?" as Ven is basically acting like Kairi did in Kingdom Hearts while hers was missing. I do connect Ven and Roxas together and right now kind of am led to believe he had some serious problems that encouraged him being linked to Sora, but how right that is, I guess we won't know till BBS. Roxas though is a quandary and not a regular Nobody so it's hard to base much off of his stuff. The other Nobodies really should be the ones analyzed in this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.