How would Kingdom Hearts be if Disney wasn't incorporated?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Crypt, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Many of the older fans also care about the overall plot nowadays, but disney is one of the main elements that makes kingdom hearts kingdom hearts, most of the characters are and worlds are disney based and im sure it owes a very large portion of its success to disney, i mean can you really imagine sora without donald and goofy for example? it be just 2 boring FF ripoff lackeys, without disney kingdom hearts would have been just another final fantasy, asking what kingdom hearts would be without disney is like asking what water would be without hydrogen, it would be something else entirely, it would cease to be the Kingdom hearts we know and love.

2. Dredica SNES was the best.

I don't entirely agree that Kingdom Hearts would just be another Final Fantasy. Just because Square develops it, doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be just another Final Fantasy. Square develops a ridiculous spectrum of games. I've recently started playing Threads of Fate and I thought it was going to be like Final Fantasy with real-time gameplay, but it surprised me by having a totally different feel to it. For anyone else who has played it, I've started as Mint and her character and the way she basically talks to the gamer amazes me. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep reminds me of Threads of Fate obviously because you can choose to play as VTA, whereas in Threads of Fate you've got the same option, minus the other playable character...which may be better than Kingdom Hearts, honestly. I feel like Birth By Sleep could have been a lot better if Aqua hadn't been playable and more focus was centered on Terra and Ventus' stories, but I digress.

My point is, just because Square developed Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, doesn't mean that Kingdom Hearts inherently has to just be another Final Fantasy title without Disney. If anything, I feel like it'd be more like their other games; Threads of Fate obviously is what I'm referring to due to its less serious tone that Kingdom Hearts seem to share, even the ability to play two different stories that overlap, not just being able to control different members of your party, like in Final Fantasy. Rue and Mint's stories are completely different but overlap, like how Ventus and Terra's had the potential to be if not for Ventus' needless Disney worlds...which seemed to be most of what his story was. Rue and Mint could easily be Riku and Sora.

I don't know, I just see similarities between Kingdom Hearts and Square's other games too much to just conclude that Kingdom Hearts would just be another Final Fantasy game.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I for one, would probably have noticed it a lot later. The reason I even found out about Kingdom hearts was because of Disney Channel, when they were doing those movie surfer series.