How Will the Re:Coded 2.5 Story be Structured?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, Jun 29, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

I've been replaying Re:Coded and I've started noticing a trend with the bulk of the cutscenes...
    They're almost ALL about gameplay.
    "Oh no, Alice lost her memory... find all the inklings!"
    "Oh no, the cards are moving super fast!... find the hidden System Sector!"
    You find the duck triplets... you fight some heartless
    Like, unless they're actually animating D.Sora going around doing these random gameplay bits, I have no clue how they're planning on making a coherent story out of this.
    I mean, I always knew Re:Coded was the most gameplay focused game, but literally most of the cutscenes are in service of the gameplay... they really should have remade the game with the BBS engine :|

(also I'm really stoked to see Jesse McCartney voice those lines he says at the very end, that's going to be amazing)

2. ry0408 Moogle Assistant

I'm not too sure what its going to be like either. Although looking at the traitor footage that we got for 2.5, I think it'll be mostly the stuff that was important to the story.

3. A Zebra Chaser

That's not the Disney worlds though. They don't contribute much of anything, but we know they're being included. My question is how

4. ry0408 Moogle Assistant

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm really not sure what will it be like. But I'm guessing that it will be like the 365/2 Days where the stuff that is not important to the plot will be in text.

6. A Zebra Chaser

That stuff was the Disney worlds in Days, Re:Coded has the Disney worlds voiced.
    And there;s honestly not as much story content in Re:Coded either, like I said, mostly just explaining gameplay

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh dang, you're right.... I realised after watching the 2.5 Remix trailer... Now I'm really not sure what it will be like....

8. Antidote Façade

I think it will be as you said in the OP - rather than have gameplay scenes of Sora running around on a wild goose chase finding all of X or Y, they'll be changed accordingly so that the story just segues together in all of these situations.

They have said there are three hours worth of cutscenes, two of which are completely new, so there's obviously going to be extra padding story-wise in each world along with the fight scenes, most likely to make up for the lack of exploration.