How was Earth created?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Roxas is Hot, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirai King's Apprentice

Oh! You mean that we're becoming LAZY because we make robots, etc do everything for us. Well, that I partly agree with. But that's our fault. Not curiousity's fault.

2. Crispers Beep Boop

sorry just discussing.......
    anyways i know its stupid but some ppl dont realize it but anyways
    im going off topic.

3. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

I dont think any religon has got it right, not that i belive in or hate religon( i do like that idea of something to belive in at pledge my faith to) but i idea of some greater being creating everything means that the existed first to make up which brings along whatmade them. the idea of the big bang is nice but it means that the chemicals and everything thing were around first to explode then evolved life, how does that work? a rock had to addapped to its new habbitat? but for that to work there was chemicals around to explode so what made that?

personally i dont bother thinking about it, it just it <=3

but the thing about god is that you all think his your savior and if so why is he the one in the bible causing all the plagues that are killing people. to me the bible basiclly says belive in me or ill smite you and youll end up in a room with satin annoying you the rest of your eternal life

and no. i belive humans are the ones ruining the world cause we build things to make this easier but tell me this are you prepared to throw away cars, plane, tv, microwaves, cups, computers, etc etc etc (i could go on forever i really could)

4. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Well , it's a hard question I don't really know the answer to it.
    And it would be fun to find out. Maybe one day someone will.
    When we have developed SO much MORE maybe we(the pepole that come after us) eill get the shot to find out.

But this time we live, I personally don't belive that God created earth.

5. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

You know discussing this is fun!!!
    I have to be on a debating team at my school so its practice

Heres mine and my friends other theory

Your Born, you Live, you Die

No use wondering

6. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

okay.....that's a...good theory.

7. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

In my opinion, there has to be *some* form of a "god" that created either us, or the process of life. Science just doesn't cut it, for me. According to science and all these big bang theories, there was no beginning. Matter has always been matter and has always existed, forever and eternity, all that jazz. I am sure all of you would agree that the universe seems to be expanding. That's what we've been taught and what scientists believe. Tell me this; if the universe has always been expanding, where did it start off in the first place? If you reverse time, the universe would have at one point been a single point in space. It would not have been a universe at all. Therefore, it occurs to me that science can't explain how the universe was created; but religion can. Scientifically, if the universe has been around forever, there'd be no more hydrogen. All the vast amount of stars would have used it all up long, long ago. If you're using science to explain creation, then you must be contradicting yourself. According to scientists, matter cannot be created from nothing. But according to the scientific explanation of creation, that would have had to happen. So logically, you're disproving yourselves.

Now, with a God, yes there are many flaws and many unexplained, unprovable things. But it remains the most logical answer. What else could have created our beginning than a being of a higher existance than ourselves? Now, I'm not saying the Christian God is the right one and I'm not saying any religion is right, but I think they're on the right track, and the most logical one.

Discuss! xD

8. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

I think it is God creation. God creat everything in this earth. I believe everything that is writen in the Bible, and that is God's word.

9. Crispers Beep Boop

well i dont belive in god i belive in other things...
    because im having douts

10. Mirai King's Apprentice

While I don't agree with it, I must admit that you don't have a good understanding of the big bang theory.

Well, here's an explanation: 15-20 billion years ago, the universe was as small as a pea. This is called a singularity. Bacause this pea was extremely dense, the laws of physics were different because normal atoms did not exist. One day (or, not DAY, since the sun didn't exist yet), the pea EXPLODED! It keeps on moving AWAY from the point of explosion. After a few billion years, it colled down and matter changed into what we know now. [NOTE=The following has nothing to do with the big bang theory]Also, about 4.6 billion years ago, a star was created by pressurized gas. It had a ring around it. By the forces of gravity, this ring form many celestial bodies, such as Earth. On this Earth, in the newly formed oceans, a chemical reaction was taking place. Amino acids combined to make RNA, ribonucleic acid. Because this RNA had imformation in it, and replicated itself, the information might become incorrect and create, oh, say, a barrier around it? And thus, life. Back to the big bang. In 10 billion years in the future, scientists say, the universe will contract, and will create what we call the "big crunch." Thus, the cycle begins.

Well, that's basically a summary of the big bang theory. Like I said, I don't give it much credit, so take it as like.

11. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

When I said science I wasn't talking about the big bang theory... In fact I never mentioned it. >.>

12. Mirai King's Apprentice

"According to science and all these big bang theories..." Well, the big bang thoery is the most upheld theory in science, in the universe origin theory department, so if you talk about science's theory of creation, you talk about the big bang.

13. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

The big bang theory is also the most controversial in science, and there are many variations of it. It's just as bad as religion.

14. MutantFod Merlin's Housekeeper

i don't belive in [insert god here].
    if anyone can explaine anything about god. then do it for me... will ya...

i think Big Bang is the only right :S
    because, how was god created in the first place ? and why did he took a day of ? if there really is a god, then why aren't the Earth a peacefully planet ?

15. Xelika Moogle Assistant

God did it

I beleave God made the world . Go take a look at Genesis 1:1
    also take a look at what this guy has to say about it.
    http://www.drdino.com/

16. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

To fully understand Christianity(since I assume you were talking about the Christian God) you would have to read the bible. But I -can- illuminate a little bit of what you wondered.

Firstly, the idea of there being a God is that he is the ultimate and supreme being. He is existance, he is the world, the universe, everything. Nothing created him because he has always been. There's really no way for us to understand it, we can really only accept it as truth. That's where the whole faith thing comes into play.

Secondly, the reason the world isn't a peaceful planet is because of Adam and Eve. They essentially created sins, and therefore created anger and lust and pride. By eating of the tree, they gained all the knowledge of the tree, and it's often said that knowledge is the enemy of faith. When God found out, he punished them by removing them from paradise and forcing them to work, and wear clothing, do all the things we do in order to survive. If not for Adam and Eve, the human race would still be in paradise. But you can't blame them; they're only human.

Note: I'm not saying this is the way it is and that there is no other right answer. I'm saying this is what the bible says and is what I believe.

17. Marluxia52091 Destiny Islands Resident

well i guess i'll add my 2 cents, since this is one of my favorite things to talk about: space stuff. i do believe in the big bang theory. even though it's only an idea, i think its the best one yet. on some level, i guess i belive that there is a god. either way, i support science before religion always. i believe in evolution too. hate me if you want.

18. Mirai King's Apprentice

First of all, most athiests, such as myself, used to be faithfull Christians. So, I'm sure that most people know of the Creation story.

Yes, Dr. Dino! AKA, Kent Hovind who currently spending 10-20 for tax violation! I know him!

He's possibly the worst young-earth scientist known. He really gives young-earthers a bad name. Most of them hate him.

EDIT: To Squishy.

I understand Christianity, as I was a Christian.

I do not like the story of Adam and Eve. If they did not know of good and evil BEFORE they ate of the tree, how could they have known that eating is wrong?

Also, "knowledge has been said to be the enemy of faith?" That is just saying that religious leaders didn't want to lose power so they told their followers to know nothing.

One last thing:

Trust me on this, his arguments are HORRIBLE.

Here's an article on him.

Oh, one last thing:

NOTE: Squishy, in your next post does not contain the answer to this, you are admitting defeat.

If God is omnibenevolent, why am I going to Hell for "blaspheming," or questioning God? Why do I, and other secular humanists, get the same treatment as murderers in your religion after death? Why MUST we believe in him to attain salvation? There is more than one religion, and how can some Christian/Muslim KNOW that theirs is right, and all else are wrong? If God punishes based on belief, I will gladly take my place in Hell rather than support the "Love me or I kill you" philosophy.

19. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

This is not a contest, so I refuse to answer any more of your posts. I came here to discuss, not to compete. Have a nice day.

20. Storrini Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't believe in the God crap really. Honestly, how can anyone really believe some super special awesome version of Superman created everything. D:

The universe was there. Things happened. Said things would require me to do research which I do not want to do. Planets were made. People evolved. Punch was served. Parties were had. The hot dogs were delicious. We ran out of relish but it was okay still.

So I strayed off topic, but you get my point. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.