Support Solved How to Automatically Adjust Width of Tables on OpenOffice Writer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

In Microsoft Word, which my mom has on her computer, you can double-click on one of the column lines to automatically adjust to the exact amount of width the column needs. However, this doesn't with on OpenOffice Writer for me, and I was wondering if it's possible to do and just requires something else.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

As far as I know, the only way to change the column lines and such is by either right-clicking and going to page and messing with the numbers, or you can highlight some words and right-click then spacing, if that's what you're talking about

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yes, I can manually do it by changing the numbers or by left-clicking the column and moving it, but in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and anything else that uses tables, though I think it's just those two, if you double-left-click, it'll automatically adjust to the exact amount of width to keep things on one line.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Mixt?

In Microsoft Word, if you double click the lines between each table column, it'll automatically adjust each column to the exact amount of width it needs--or, in more technical terms, to the largest line of text. However, it seems I can't do that on OpenOffice Writer. Is there a different way of doing that there?

For reference, this line:

Table.png

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I figured this out quite a while ago and figured I'd post the solution.

Width.PNG

Obviously, you have to select a table first; otherwise, the option is grayed out.