How Romantic <3

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by strfruit, May 10, 2012.

1. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

A friend and I were talking about this the other day.....random conversation but quite interesting all the same..... ^^
    Made me curious...

What would you all consider to be a dreamy romantic date?
    (nothing dirty guys XD)

Me:
    Just laying on the beach at sunset or night, holding hands, gazing at the stars, and having a nice conversation with some laughs.....
    sounds cheezy..yes yes...I know XD...but lovely :3

Such a random thread...my my :P
    (I apologize if this is in wrong place and if there has already been a discussion of this ^^)

2. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm...I've never really thought about it.
    I really would just be happy if a date progresses smoothly and naturally without any awkward moments. Though awkward moments could be romantic too so idk you ask such hard questions. >_<
    I guess if I had to think up a scenario, I would like walking around and chatting with no destination in mind.

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

XD! Romantic awkward moments....hmmm...haha! Yes they can be romantic X3

4. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

My other answer would be staring at your foe, plastic weapon in hand, fighting for balls...like this:

[video=youtube;pC0Wi02I3tM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC0Wi02I3tM[/video]

5. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

^ This XD

or playing a video game together in general <3

6. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Well...
    A very generic romantic date is rather simple. You have the typical "Walking along the beach in the sunset talking about our feelings and how much we love each other."

If I were to have a romantic date that I could actually do and enjoy?
    Let's begin, shall we?

Setting:

Friday/Saturday (Doesn't matter)
    Summer
    Nice weather.
    Noon.

[_] is the woman.

Starts out with me picking [_] up at her house. I am wearing a vest and shirt with black jeans, even if it is fairly warm in the air. I open the door for her, and we get going. We're driving somewhere to get lunch, possibly some light Chinese food, my treat, of course.

What follows is a little walk in a park. After lunch, I bought some refreshment in the form of water and whatever [_]'s favorite snack is. It's a rather small park, but its very open, with an adjacent lake. We sit there and just chat and flirt while people watching.

After sitting in the park, and inevitably walking around, we go to catch a movie of [_]'s choice. My treat, of course.
    Following the movie, it's food time. I've made reservations at a high-end, expensive restaurant with great atmosphere and great food. My treat, of course. We eat and chat as the evening approaches. After sitting in the restaurant enjoying each other's company and talking, we would get in the car. The sun is currently setting, which leads to the (possibly) last destination. [_] and I would drive to a spot with some altitude and a great view.

We sit there, talk. Cuddle. Kiss, all that jazz.
    I drive her home, and who know what happens.

7. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

My idea to a romantic date is very similar to your own, minus the beach since I do not like them too much. But I love the cheesiness.

We would indeed hold hands but only when the moment feels right so it does not ruin it's beauty. I consider it to be one on the simple things that should be treasure. There would be dinner, of course. Does not matter whether it is out or in the comfort of home. As long as you have somewhere where you could sit alone with that special someone. You should be sitting so you can look directly at each other and not have to look to the side. That kill the moment for me. Once you finish you meal or a bit during, conversation could be started. Simple talk about the day or interests you may share. Once you feel ready to leave the table, you can go for a nights stroll and talk some more. Compliments encouraged since I love them when they are coming from someone I genuinely like. Laughs are good to for they make me feel more comfortable and at ease. I would like to do some sort of couple sport. Like ice skating or bowling. It bring fun into things. And I like playing. Light flirting now and then would be fun too. If none is available, a movie would do nicely. Especially old ones. Then when that is over, we make our way back home or just part to say goodbye. We catch one another eyes as we lean in for a simple yet not short kiss. Maybe even an embrace. Something that can send a shiver and tingle through me. Then we say or hard goodbyes before parting.

Super cheesy and what everyone expects but it would be such a lovely experience and I would love to be able to have something corny like that in my life. Simplicity is beauty. and I'm all for the little things. <3

8. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Aw...yes! Enjoy the little things! They often are more wonderful than the big ones. ^^

Utsumi....that was beautiful :3

9. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Indeed they are. Like for instance, hand holding and sweet kisses mean much more to be than sexual matters or making out.
    Besides, I have always loved special moments that you can remember. It just makes my heart sore to think that someone could feel such a way about another. Purity. Haha makes me blush.

10. T3F Chaser

^This

Having done the 'cheezy romantic date' thing to death, it gets kinda overrated. My idea of a perfect date? Playing a video game. At least that way we can have fun without him being all cheesy and corny and weird and gross...im not a fan of all that romantic beach setting stuff :P that might just be me though :P

11. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

my idea is going out at night sitting on the rooftop looking at the stars and moon while she lay on my cheast saying "i love u" alot;
    man now i wanna get date to do that.

12. Mysty Unknown

Hey, we talked about this XD but I said a romantic moment which was kissing a girl with in the rain while holding her hands tightly with a purple umbrella.

So a romantic date would be a nice short dinner and going back to my house (or hers) while it is raining and cold so we can cuddle in a blanket made for two while watching a classic Disney movie.

I'm weird XD and really find rain romantic.

13. jafar custom title

Being with the other person. Doesn't matter what we do. I do enjoy watching the moon at night though. There's a bridge over a lake near where I live. I go there sometimes to watch the moon.

14. Misty gimme kiss

I'm a pretty simple person when it comes to these sorts of things. I can be a bit of a homebody I suppose, so making some comfort food and watching a movie/playing a game would be just fine with me. I don't need any fancy dinners or anything (not to say it's wrong if you do!), like others have said, just being there and sharing something you both love is enough.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

My idea of a romantic night is kind of cheesy but what ever. I would enjoy going for a hike to a nice secluded spot overlooking the water and having a picnic there. We would watch the sunset before returning to someones house to play videogames and eat popcorn. We would have intelligent conversations because to much small talk annoys me. And that is about it

16. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

It's already decided that our very first date will take place at a gay bar. I do not have his confirmation, but I have mine. And we will go to a gay bar.

Reasoning
    a) it's not something I've done before
    b) everything else seems overdone

17. jafar custom title

are you a boy or a girl?

18. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Female. So I suppose a problem might arise in that we are not a gay couplet, we would not fit in. We might be kicked out. Well, one of us could cross-dress...

19. Llave Superless Moderator

Hm... Well, ultimately, the most precious thing that I could possibly ask for on a date is the gal I get to spend it with. I think that's what makes the most romantic thing; Having the honour to spend my time with her. We can do lots of cheesy, cutesy things, and any other stuff, but at the end of the day, realizing I could somehow make her day and just be there and do whatever she wants most is good enough for me.

20. jafar custom title

it would make a hell of a lot more sense if you were a guy taking your boyfriend to a gay bar. but that's pretty weird for a first date.