How Much Would You Pay for KHDDDHD?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, Sep 30, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

Whenever the remake comes out
    the standard price tends to be 20 dollars for a single HD game, though DDD is still a bit new, so it could potentially be more than that, or if we're lucky, less
    I think the most I'd pay is 30 dollars, but I'm hoping 20 dollars

2. Antidote Façade

£30 tops. That tends to be the cheapest going rate for new games here. Unless you're a godly online retailer like ShopTo who sells new games for like £25.

3. libregkd -

4. Explode Who?!

I'd buy it even if it were $60.They probably won't go that high though. My guess is it'll be a digital download for PS4, maybe with a disk option, between $20-40. Especially if it's releasing fairly close to KH3, it'll be hard to justify a big price tag. MGSV: Ground Zeroes was I believe 30 for digital and 40 for physical. Though that game is pretty overpriced considering how short it is, so maybe it's not the best comparison.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I've heard a lot of speculation about combining 3D with X in an HD collection together, especially considering the revelation that the plots of X and KHIII are interconnected; after all, why localize a browser game and then remaster/recap/redo/whatever it and relocalize it if you can just forgo the browser game localization and go straight to the HD collection version?

I think an HD collection of 3D and X could feasibly be $40, or just 3D for $20-25.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

depends on the price at the time, and the amount of money I gots

7. A Zebra Chaser

KH won't go digital, for whatever reason

8. libregkd -

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

10. libregkd -

11. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Never saw any kingdom hearts on digital release in over a decade, I don't think they will never do It (something about too many rights that never covered digital release).
    I would prefer a digital release of BBS if they are starting to do it. I am thinking they will give us in "film" version.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

$20-$30 seems look a good deal, though I'd be willing to buy at $40 (if only because that's what they've been charging for the other HD remakes for KH), especially if they include KHX stuff as well.

Also hoping they release it for PS4/XBONE. KH3D offers summaries of every other game in the series (with glossaries) so it would definitely be a smart move in catching people up, especially those on Xbox who may have never played, on all the important facts leading into KH3. And I hope KHX gets packaged in as well since Nomura is bad at keeping his promises that browser games won't be relevant to the overall plot.

13. Shift Chaser

Depends on whether or not it gets any new content. Doubt I'd get it otherwise. If it did get new content though, I'd probably pick it up as long as it isn't above 40s.

14. A Zebra Chaser

would you pay 60 if it were more of a remake than a remaster? Like new graphics, new content, new cutscenes, and such?

15. Shift Chaser

I don't really care about anything they might add that isn't new gameplay content, like new bosses, new areas, new minigames and such. Graphics already look good, and new cutscenes will be on youtube before I ever get the chance to play the game.
    Although I'd gladly pay 60 if they manage to pull another KH2FM, but I honestly don't think that's ever gonna happen again.

16. Misty gimme kiss

If it's more or less a straight port of the game, with some updated textures & such (like the past remasters), I'd still pay $40 for it simply because I've not played KH3D so, to me, it's like a new game. $60 seems high but not if they're includong KHX, which would also be a new game to me and I imagine require really significant work to adjust to a console experience.

I think Plums's point about 3D being on the PS4/XBO is a really good one too. If any KH game is a good lead-in to KH3, it's Dream Drop Distance.