How do I use CWcheat on my psp?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Blayz Mods, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Kk so I downloaded CWcheat onto my psp1000 that I got yesterday at gamestop and I don't know how to use it, do I need to install it once I've downloaded it? If so how do I install it? And also where do I find it on my psp after I've downloaded it?^ ^

thanks for any help!^ ^

2. P Banned

What firmware is your PSP running?

Check it in System Information on the far left menu of the XMB.

3. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Kk I'll do that right now.^ ^

edit: it's version 5.03

4. P Banned

You see, you need to have Custom Firmware to run PSP Plugins, such as CWcheat. As you have a PSP 1000, you can install CFW easily enough if you shell out for a special battery, but knowing your firmware version could mean you could do it without paying money, if it's low enough.

5. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Well I've tried to download cfw but when ever I click on a web page it starts loading but then I get a msg telling me that I don't have enough memory, so I just ignore it, but when I do that and click the circle button I get just a blank white screen that doesn't load, I don't know if my psp's RAM is low or if it's my mem stick, but my mem stick is a 2gb and it's brand new so I don't get it.T_T​

6. P Banned

Okay, we need to install CFW. Because you have version 5.03, that makes this VERY easy. Okay?

Set the theme of the PSP to original. Do not use any wallpaper.

Set the System Language to English. (Settings>System Settings>System Language)

Set the Character Set to Multilingual Latin 1 (Settings>System Settings>Character Set)

You may have to try with a UMD in and a UMD out. It can vary from PSP to PSP.

Have absolutely no other images in the PSP photo/picture folder.

Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8U181NY and place it on the root of your memory stick and unzip it. Copy the contents of the folder onto the root of your memory stick. (You can delete the ZIP)

Now turn on your PSP and go to the photo area of the XMB, and press X to look inside. The PSP may freeze, or it may not do anything unusual. In that case, turn off and reboot. Try again until it flashes green and reboots automatically. Feel free to try with a UMD in, without a UMD in, etc. If you want, reformat the memory stick, put the files back on, and try again.

Now go to the Games section of the memory stick, and run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. Bypass any warning screens it gives you and continue until you get to a menu.

On the first option, where you can select the (C)FW version to be
    installed, press "X" until it reads "load from external FW pack".

Select "Install CFW selected above".

From the now shown list, choose the Firmware Pack that you want
    to install (Something along the lines of "PSP1000_550-GEN-D3.rfp") and let Recovery Flasher do its work.

DO NOT TURN OFF WHILE RECOVERY FLASHER IS RUNNING. PLUG THE PSP INTO A WALL.

Also, if there is any chance that your PSP is not actually a PSP 1000, this won't work.

Once CFW is installed, we can work on getting CWcheat to work.

7. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Kk I installed cfw with recovery flasher now I'm ready to get CWcheat working.^_^

8. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Will this work on the Slim PSP Which is V 6.35? Or does it have to be on PSP 1000 V 5. whatever?

9. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

I believe from what P's told me is cfw will only work on the psp 1000 and 2000

10. P Banned

Oh? So all of that worked perfectly. Great.

TBH, I've never used CWcheats before, although after a bit of reading, I think I get the basic idea.

Download this and copy the files inside INSTALL_371 onto the root of your memory stick: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TJOONPG

When you start a game, hold down select to enter the CWcheats menu.

That's about as much as I know about CWcheats, but if you want assistance tweaking your new CFW (or just installing some decent homebrew games) then I'd be happy to help.

11. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I think I've got the PSP 2000, But I dun think It will work, considering he said

12. P Banned

The tutorial I posted for Roxas1989 was only intended to be used for Roxas1989. It will only work for a PSP 1000 that has official firmware 5.03. Anything else will not work (it'll just fail when you go to look at the image).

If you want assistance with CFW, I'm more than happy to explain your options. I require your PSP type (1000, 2000, 3000 or GO) and the firmware currently installed in order to help.

13. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I think it's a 2000 model and The Firmware is 6.35

14. P Banned

Okay. Make sure it's a PSP 2000 model, and not a PSP 3000. It should say it on a barcode on the top/bottom.

[​IMG]

15. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Yeah, It's a 2000

16. P Banned

Okay then. You have two options.

1. Buy a pandora battery to install firmware in the same way Sony does. They're under $10. Depending on the type of 2000 you have, it'll either work, and install CFW, or it won't do anything.

2. Don't update the firmware, and wait for Totalnoob's 6.35 HEN exploit. This will allow you to install CFW if your 2000 is the good type, and if it's the bad type, you'll still be able to do most CFW stuff (but it'll be significantly more of a hassle).

17. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I think I'll try this one, seems lot more simple than trying to find a battery that might not even be on sale where I am.
    Thanks very much, I assume they will release the instructions for installation on the site?

18. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Hey P it turns out I don't have CWcheat installed so I need some help with that too.^ ^

19. P Banned

Once it has been released, I'd recommend asking in the PSP CFW thread for some assistance, as it's possible to irreversibly damage your PSP if you do something wrong.
    Did you try what I said to above?

Try this instead then:
    1-copy over the files to the root of your memory stick
    2-power up your psp while pressing R
    3-Select plugins
    4-Press X over cwcheatpops.prx [POPS] it will say ENABLED
    5-Press X over cwcheat.prx [GAME] it will say ENABLED
    6-Press X over cwcheat.prx [GAME150] it will say ENABLED
    7-exit recovery
    8-when in game press select for x3 seconds to access the menu(default options which can be changed).

20. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Kk well I moved the files into the root folder and fully powered down my psp and held R and turned it on but nothing happened^ ^