How did you get into Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Shikou, Dec 16, 2011.

1. OurPrOmiSe Moogle Assistant

My first time i has played kingdom hearts, was in 2006 because i liked donald, goofy and all the disney-charakters :D

2. dannierose Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd heard about KH for a really long time but I wasn't really interested because I thought it was a little too childish for me lol But then I decided to give it a try and I got 358/2 Days and reallyyyy loved it <3 And found out it wasn't childish at all, but rather nostalgic, fun, and exciting~ And not to mention full of attractive men ;D Also, it was a game that has fighting and I'm actually not horrible at the battling in KH which is a miracle lol

3. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

My half-brother bought it and couldn't finish it. Perhaps it was too difficult for him. Well he's an adult so doesn't live with the family so he gave it to me and my siblings. We hoped it would be tricky and strategical like tloz, and although it wasn't what we expected, we all loved it, me especially. From then on, I used my own money to buy more games and the manga and got re com for my birthday.

Wow. I wonder what it would be like if he had never given us kingdom hearts ..?

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

I had been 7 when the game came out, and I had rented it from Blockbuster (omg I miss those days). I liked it, then returned it, and then forgot about it.

Then about 8 years passed.

Bought the game this time. Fell in love with it (now that I could understand more of the plot/storyline). I then got KHII, BBS, and now I'm going to get KH3D.

Kingdom Hearts has pretty much defined my life. Legit.

5. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

A few years ago, I was really, really into roleplaying on myspace. I had created a Kitty Pryde account because I adored X-men around that time. And apparently when you create one character specific to a comic or game, you come across a bunch of other different games and characters you would have never known. I had come across a Sora roleplayer, and I was so confused about who he even was, and then I saw there was a ton of Disney in the game and I was like, "how in the world did I not hear about this game before now?" I began talking to the kid out of character and asked him about Kingdom Hearts, and the next day I ended up buying both 1 and 2. I played both games up until I got stuck on a boss (which wasn't far into the game at all) and didn't play them again until two years later, where I completed both games rather quickly for having been stuck before.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Around the time Chain of Memory was being advertised I managed to see the commercial and decided I wanted the game, though I didn't get the game. A couple year later I saw the commercial for Kingdom Hearts 2 and knew I had to it. Luckily I had a deal with my mom that allowed me to get the game. As I continued playing the game I gradually started to get into the series more.

7. Amber PLUR

Well, my friend Debra got KH1 and she said she was really into it. She would go on and on about some kid who runs around with Disney characters and hits stuff with a giant key.

At first, I was like, "Haha, no." Keep in mind this was around the time that Disney Channel started sucking (think Jonas Brothers, Hanah Montana, etc.) and I wasn't rather fond of Disney at the moment. Also, the concept just sounded plain ridiculous. I wanted nothing to do with this, but I listened to my friend because that's what friends do.

A few weeks later, I slept over at her house. It was a fine and normal sleepover, until she was like "OMG AMBER LET'S PLAY KINGDOM HEARTS!!!" and I was like "I don't want to play Kingdom of Hearts." and then she got mad because there's no "of", but whatever. She literally dragged me into her bedroom so I could watch her play. I tried to run away, but she dragged me back and then sat on me so I couldn't get away. She started it up from the beggining. "Who's that guy?" "That's Sora." "Why is he falling?" "He's like, asleep or something." "Who's that? She's pretty." "That's Kairi. She's Sora's kind-of-but-not-really girlfriend." "What you mean they don't kiss or anything?" "Nope." "Well that sucks." "Do I still need to sit on you?" "... No..."

And then I started watching the cutscenes on Youtube for KH, then CoM, then KH2. Shortly after finishing KH2, I joined this forum in 2007. That Christmas, I finally got a PS2 and all three KH PS2 titles.

And so it began.

8. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

I Blockbuster'd the game (the first entry in the franchise), months later, I bought it.

9. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Well for me a friend of mine told me about the game and how great it was, so i bought a copy of the first one i saw which was KH2 and the rest was history. :)

10. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

I got into KH through a friend, who was more or less like an awesome older brother to me. I went to his house one day and watched him start the game. I thought the Opening cutscene was pretty cool and I ended up sitting down for hours and watched him play. Then he let me borrow the game and I ended up reaching Agrabah. Soon after, Christmas came around and I ended up getting KH. Lol, that's how I got into KH. Man, I feel old XD

11. 61 No. B

i saw a pitcure of sora in a gaming magazine (wasnt even a gamer. had a picture of cell on the front and i bought it because i was a huge dbz fan at the time) and new i wanted to be a part of whatever he was from. feels like forever ago.

12. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

i was like three when it came out, my dad loved the final fantasy games and the guy who played leon in the original, when he saw the commercial he said it looked cool and when he heard who played leon, he got the fifth day it came out, he started to play it and didnt really like it(dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn) so when i was four i asked him if i could play it, he said yes and i loved it, i got the second one for christmas one year and i was asking for it for a long time, and when i got it, i passed out over excitement. then beat it in a few days.

13. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I got into the game when I first read the manga. I thought it looked pretty cool and my friend told me there was a game, so I got into it. After I played the first Kingdom Hearts game--which was Kingdom Hearts, I started getting more into it by buying more of the manga and the video games till I knew I loved it.

14. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

i was probably in like eighth grade, and i was on myspace and i came across this sora profile, so i messaged the kid and was like "yo, who is that in your pic??" and he told me all about kingdom hearts and who everyone was. i basically begged my mom to buy the game for me, and i spent all day the next day playing it. i didn't get far at all, lol. i was stuck on the boss in wonderland for ever and i just gave up on it. before my senior year of high school, out of boredom i started playing the game and basically beat both 1 & 2 in about three days. and i would play the other ones if i was rich enough to own more than a PS3 but w/e.

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I was picking out a game for my present, don't remember what for. I saw the shiny case of KH 2 and thought, "I like that case, it's really shiny." So I got it and played it. Then played the original and eventually discovered this site. Yea . . . it all started because I "like the shiny"

16. Shera Wizard Merlin's Housekeeper

I ran out of DS games to play then i heard Kingdom hearts being mention in one of the TWEWY forums/videos so i treid 358/2 Days. i loved it. and therefore, khaddiction.

17. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I was at a cousin's house and she was playing. She let me and my brother have a try. The next week, my brother bought a PS2 and Kingdom Hearts. It was the start of something wonderfully wonderful.

18. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

My dad rented the game for me when I was about 7. And then I just sorta fell in love with it =w=

19. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Way back in the day when I was just a little baby hedgehog, I decided to try several PS2 games. KH1 was among those. After a few hours of playing I was I was already into the game. Then I found out about the rest of the series and continued playing from there.

20. Roxsew Banned

my mom got me it because it had disney characters