How did you get into Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Shikou, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I have played all of the games. I've also beaten every game except CoM.

I came into contact with the game when me and Lesu went to our cousin's house. She reccommended we play the game, we gave it a test run, and the next day, Lesu went out and bought KHI and a PS2.

2. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

I've only played kingdom hearts 1, chain of memories, and kh2. I hope to change that soon though. Despite not having played all of the games, its still my favorite video game series.

3. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

My best friend bought kingdom hearts 1 the day it came out. He had beaten it by the end of the week, and was playing it when I came over, maybe a week after that. He had just started doing his 2nd playthrough pretty much, he was only fighting Leon in traverse town. And I was like whaaaaaat?Squall!?!?! **** yeah!

And so I bought it after saving up some allowance/birthday money.

4. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I blame my friends, they constantly talked about KH, then they bought me KH2 for my birthday. My life hasn't been the same ever since. =)

5. program Twilight Town Denizen

Mother's boyfriend brought it one day, instantly loved it from the beginning, though I was a little afraid when you first fight the Darkside.
    This is what started my path towards Otakuness and got me into drawing.

6. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I actually happened to see the shiny case (KHII) in WallMart and thought "so shiny" bought it and played it, got into the series and wound up here. So yes, I did in fact get into the series on the basis of the case being shiny. If that case had been duller, I would not be posting here today :P True Story

7. OfficialKHRiku Moogle Assistant

Well, the idea of a giant key with a 14 year old running around fighting these things
    thats spawn out of nowhere is totally original. Out of my lifetime I've never saw
    a game that has to do with a giant key. Any other game that would of thought
    of this would've screwed it up massively.

8. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Oh my God, I totally remember this ad! :D
    This was back when I was watching my cousin play :)
    It seems a lot of people started with KH2 :/

9. ~Acy_XIII~ Merlin's Housekeeper

I started with Kingdom Hearts II because my cousin was kinda always talking about this one and complaining that they didn't have a PS2 etc.(during my whole summer vacations in Australia). I wanted to tease him a bit about stuff in it, so I rented the game when I saw it, and kinda got hooked (It was a year later during my summer vacation). Honestly, I never would of thought that I would get so much addicted to this wonderful serie. I bought it a while after. Then, the next year, I was finaly able to find and buy Kingdom Hearts at Vancouver during my summer trip.
    Time sure fly, it's been 7 years and I'm still hook to it.

10. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

The first time i saw Kingdom Hearts being played was while i was round my cousins house. He was in the colosseum in the boss fight against Cloud. A month later i asked my mum and dad to get it as my birthday present.

11. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I didnt start out with Kingdom Hearts. I bought KH2 first then 2 months later I bought KH. I just found it by chance and im sure glad I did.

I played kingdom hearts 1, chain of memories, kh2 REcoded Recom 358/2days and Birth by sleep.
    I can say I beat them all. :)

12. Venderp Merlin's Housekeeper

The first game I played was Kingdom Hearts II. I saw it in the shop, I brought it because I saw Mickey on the cover. What can I say? I was 9. I was kind of disappointed at first when I found out I control some blonde kid at first, then much more disappointed when I had to use Sora. Then was over-joyed when I controlled Mickey when defeating Xaldin. But I ended up loving Sora more.

After a few years I discovered Birth By Sleep.

13. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I was browsing through the game isle in a movie store and saw mickey on the cover of Kh1....the game had just came out.Thought it was cool cause I love Disney, so I rented it and played (totally sucked at video games at this time of my life so I didn't really know what I was doing lol) I got to the final fight with Ansem and could not beat it! So I returned the game to the movie store and couple years later, I saw the trailer for KH2.
    :P

14. Jadie Moogle Assistant

I was in 2nd grade when the game came out. I saw the commercial, and thought it was pretty snazzy. Cause you know, I like Disney. I thought Sora was cute too, haha. I wanted to play it, but I didn't have a PS2.

I got a PS2 a year later, but had completely forgotten about the game until my dad took me to Hollywood Video. I rented it, and I loved it. I just kind of wished that I had siblings to play it with.

It's kind of funny how many people started with KH2. I know so many people who like Kingdom Hearts, but a lot of them only played the second game. While I loved KH2, the original was what really got me hooked on it. Its like... as much as I love Disney... the Disney part of it wasnt even what I really cared for

15. Bliss Moogle Assistant

My cousin is older than me and I remember sitting with him and his friend while visiting with family, watching him play KH when it first came out in 2002.
    They were both about 12 or so at the time, and they were making fun of the Disney aspects and such, but me being about 5 to 6 thought the game was absolutely mesmerising and I wanted to play.
    Of course, they never let me and KH basically faded into the back of my mind. I always called it "the Hearts game" when describing it to friends and they never knew what I meant. When KH:CoM and KH II came out, I immediately recongized it. Eventually, I got my hands on a copy of KH II when I was 9 and fell in love all over again.
    It's a strong childhood memory of mine considering I've moved so much when I was small and can barely remember anything of my childhood, I really take what I remember close to my heart.

16. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

I remember how I started my journey with KH. I would like to say I was around the age of 4. I know this because I got a Greatest Hits box, and KH didn't go Greatest Hits until April 2003. I believe I was at Best Buy with my mom. I was obsessed with video games as a child, getting a new game console ever year or so, so I looked in the games section. Sure enough, I found Kingdom Hearts. The cover intrigued me so I grabbed it. As I was going to my mom to ask her if she could get it for me, I realized it was for PS2. The only console I owned of that generation was a GameCube, but I got it anyway, due to the fact that my uncle had a PS2 at the time. I eventually go to his house, being so excited and all to try the game. I got stuck on Destiny Islands, when the Heartless attacked. I didn't know to go into the secret place, so I was a bit upset. I then had to go home, so I turned it off and took my game with me. Sure enough, I got a PS2 for Christmas that year, and played the hell out of KH, eventually getting the guide.

Either the next Christmas of the year after, I got Chain of Memories. I was surprised, as I didn't even know it existed. I got up to the final Marluxia, yet I couldn't defeat him (I only relied on sleights, making my deck run out very quickly.) I eventually got an Action Replay for Pokemon, but I found out it had codes for CoM too. I used a maxed out deck to beat Sora's story, and I flipped when I unlocked Reverse/Rebirth. Due to the lack of codes working for R/R, I beat R/R fair and square. After seeing the ending, I realized that a sequel had to be coming, so I eventually got better at using the internet to find information.

KH2 came out when I was in 4th grade, and I think it was the first game I have ever pre-ordered and counted down the days to release. I bought the guide when I picked the game up, so I spoiled myself to everything on the car ride home.

I can say that I have pre-ordered every KH game since then, and I'm 16 now, about to finish 10th grade. In fact, the only reason I got my PSP was for BBS, and the only reason I got my 3DS was for 3D (then Mario Kart 7 was announced). But yes, I don't know exactly what drew me into the series, but I sure am glad it did.

17. Captain America Merlin's Housekeeper

I was in GameStop one evening around the time KH2 was released. I vaguely remember seeing commercials and reviews of it, but it never really caught my attention.
    But anyway, I remember scanning through the endless shelves of games in search of a very particular one (god knows what it was), and one of the workers there approached me. He asked if I was looking for anything specifically, but just before I could answer, he suggested a game that had recently shipped in by the name of "Kingdom Hearts 2". A sequel, actually.
    The name seemed strange to me, but I took a look at it anyway and fell in love with the cover for whatever reason. Bought it right after that.
    Little did I know that moment was the beginning of something special.
    If I ever see that store clerk again I'll give him a hug.
    Or stab him.
    I'll have to reflect a bit more before I can make an official decision.

18. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

It started for me when a friend of mine got the game, and brought it over one day, I wasn't into it at first, but after a few weeks of watching him play it got me to getting it, and the rest is well you know.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

it started for me when my brother played it, i tried but i sucked (i was like 7 at the time though) so i jsut watched my brother plau and was happy. then just a few years back i had a bible college student move into my house and she had 358/2 days. i borrowed it from her and played it and got addicted. then i went back and beat all the other games multipul times.

20. UltimaKeybladeMaster Merlin's Housekeeper

My brother, he kept nagging me until I finally got it.