How did you get into Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Shikou, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

How did the big journey start for you KHV people? Was it out of boredom? interest? played one of the games at random?
    For me it was out of jealousy of my cousin getting a PS2 before me (with the game) for Christmas when it came out the same year. I would just come over and play it or watch him play which got me very interested. At the time the theme song (Hikari/Simple and Clean) would get stuck in my head for hours even days. I believe I was about 7 or 8 (I cant remember) at the time.
    I didn't get to own my first KH game till I got Chain of Memories (GBA original) and I understood most of it without having to play the first game because I've seen my cousin play it most of the time then I finally got both KH1 and KH2 a year later (2006). I was late on the games but I managed to be current in the series by having them all excluding the Final Mix games and the original Coded for NTT DoCoMo (Japanese Cell Phone) which I will never have except maybe for BBS FM sometime soon.
    Anyway, how did it start out for you KHV people? And what was your first KH game?

2. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I first got into Kingdom Hearts when Kingdom Hearts 2 came out, A friend of my brother's and him were talking about it, and we decided to get it. I enjoyed it so much, and we both started looking on the internet for stuff about it. I found some parody series and that's what lead me here.

And then the insanity began.

3. Jayn

I received the game after friends at school (this was in eighth) grade told me about it. One of them never played the first game anymore and gave it to me as a random gift. I took it home with me and set it up on my PS3 (oh, backwards compatibility...). When my dad asked me who had given me the game, I let him know it was one of my male friends from school. Being the overprotective, crazy dad that he is, he gave me some awful advice about not taking anything from male friends because they'll use it against me and rape me someday or something.

...After that, my dad bought it for me himself and the journey began.

4. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

My parents and I were out shopping, and I walked into a game store. I had recently bought the PS2 and I saw the game. I love Donald and I asked my parents for the game, and I got it. I loved it ever since. I remember I had to play it without a memory card, so I left the PS2 on for several days in a row. I fell in love with the characters, loved Donald as a wizard.

So yeah, Donald got me into it.

5. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Wow are you serious? o_o
    I had a similar talk with my mom too except I bought KH2 from a male friend for $5 and my mom told me not to buy any video games from friends because they could be stolen..... but in your case that was weird man o_o

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A couple of my friends would talk about it occasionally, so I decided to see what was up--mostly because the mythos intrigued me. Now I know more about the storyline than either of them, and I've only really played Re:coded. :D

umad?

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I got into it from my brother playing it, me wanting to play it, asking to play, he say yes, and then i get into the game

8. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

A few years back, when my brother bought his PlayStation 2 guess what game came with it? Kingdom Hearts II:=D:

When I saw it were the second, I didn't want to play, so my brother's friend gave us a the Kingdom Hearts I. Started to play it and... couldn't stop! XP
    Then my bro gave me the Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memory, GAMEBOY version. And started to play it and... couldn't stop! XP ²
    So I started playing Kingdom Hearts II, and couldn't stop playing! ³
    And so on.

But some years back, I didn't played KH too much, then what I found out? One of my bests friends knew the game. We started to talk and... WE COULDN'T STOP! Then Kingdom Hearts is our favorite game since then! =P

Hope you enjoyed the story. ::L:

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

I got into it from watching one of friends play the first game.
    Later, I even ended up getting Kingdom Hearts II way before he did.

I also have Chain of Memories and Re:Chain of Memories, which I don't think my friend even has.

10. Rhiscx Banned

While I was a big fan of the Prince of Persia series (Still am) My bus driver recommended it to me. So on my birthday (Which is coming up soon) I decided to get it, and I haven't looked back since.

11. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Ahhh How I love storytime~~

It wads forth grade when my friend Lauren loved Kingdom Hearts. I saw the KH2 Manga in our book order and I was like "Hey Laurie look! It's Kingdom Hearts!" We both ordered the book and I fell in love with it. I had no PS2 or 3 so I could play none of the games except chain of memories. My friend was Kind enough to explain it to me so I wasn't lost. After that Lauren and I got into many fights about me liking Kingdom Hearts, causing her to hate it and a rife between us that lasts to this day. And my other friend also ripped the book in half so that I had to by a new one. I will never forget the good that came out of me loving Kingdom Hearts, even with all the bad and people making fun of me (to this day)

I have played all of the games and never beaten any of them. For KH1, I got plane lazy. For KH2 I swore only to play it with my dad and since he moved away I don't even look at it. For ReCoM it just sucks and chain of memories i got suck on Sora's story. For days my friend delted my almost done file and I gave up and for BBS I got lazy and lost the disc xD

12. StardustXtreme Chaser

I wasn't actually told of Kingdom Hearts I by friends or such, I ony yfound it out in a game magazine I bought when staying in manchester for a few days with a friend and when we went shopping, I came across it in a old gamer store and bought it right there and then.

Ever since then, i bought it's squeals and spinoffs.

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Game raping... That's totally how I go about it.

I was hesitant to get it in High School because it had Disney Characters in it. I was uncertain how well that would be integrated with Japanese characters and Final Fantasy. Then Rhiscx came to my house and made me play his KH1. I loved it and then I became an avid KH fan since then.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I was 11 and impressionable xD It was nearing my 12th birthday and I needed something to ask for. One day I was watching TV and this advert came on and it's music, so melodious, hypnotised me so I watched intently and when a short clip of Simba v. Scar came on I had fallen in love. I immediately wanted the game so it was what I asked for. The Lion King has always been one of my favourite films and I love it to pieces, plus I quite liked Disney in general so it was like my dream to have loads of Disney characters merged into one game. I got KH2 for my 12th birthday and finished it within a week. At first I was just like "Meh, it was alright" but then I started thinking about it and all of a sudden I restarted playing it and I just loved it so much more. With each playthrough I just adored it more. So that Christmas I asked for KH1 and played through that (albeit, it took a lot longer because it was harder) and that was when I just fell in love with the series. The March after that I joined KHV and my love grew deeper.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Walked past KH1 in the store, saw it, thought it looked interesting. Been hooked ever since.

Sadly i don't play KH1 too much anymore, but gosh i'm still as hooked on KH2 as i always have been!

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It was the Christmas of 2006. I woke up around five in the morning, as children do on Christmas morning, and I started sneaking about to try and figure out what was under the tree this year. As always, I got caught and got stuck sitting in my room for hours until my mom woke up and let me open my gifts.

One of those gifts was a brand new PS2 slim, as I had never owned a Sony console of any kind before that. I opened the next box, which had three games for my new console, and one of them was the original KH. I assume that my mom saw the word Disney on the cover and got it for me because she thought it would be mindless, kid-friendly entertainment. After playing DDR Supernova for like two hours (or until I could hardly breathe), I popped KH in the PS2 and was mesmerized by the opening FMV and spiky-haired protagonist.

After two days of playing, I got to the third day on Destiny Islands and, not being able to see an inch in front of me, we went to Best Buy, where I picked up the second entry in the series (which was new at the time) and quickly started playing that instead.

I beat KH2 long before I ever touched the original again, but I eventually got to beating it as well. Ever since then, I've been a hopeless fangirl.

17. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

It's pretty similar to Izeno's, but with Kingdom Hearts

I already had a PS2 with a few games such as Final Fantasy X and some other random games. I was watching TV one day and this commercial came on with Donald, Goofy and all these Disney movies and icons fighting with a kid.

I was instantly hooked by this, I loved Disney (and still do) so I asked my mom "Please, can I have this game?" and a few days later she came home with it.

I never stopped playing it and was memorized by everything.

18. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I had randomly received KH2 as a present of sorts from my mum.
    I then poured hours into the game and loved every minute of it.
    I then eventually got KH1 and after some time, managed to complete it.
    From then I was just completely hooked.

19. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I spent the afternoon playing it at a friends place, and was the only one that could beat Riku at the start, so he let me borrow it. Then I got KH2 and my own copy of KH1. Spent forever playing them.

20. Krown King's Apprentice

I first played it at my friends house. And then I got a PS2 and then bought kh2 played it then kh.