Webcomic Homestuck

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jun 7, 2011.

1. P Banned

I commented on them a while ago, here. I don't really see the point in them unless we explicitly state where we are in the story each time. After all, we're just going to end up with a thread full of spoiler tags. It'd be easier to read and easier to type if we were to just stick a spoiler warning in the title and be done with it. That also gets around the question of what a spoiler is. Stating a character's god-tiering, such as Rose, is undoubtedly a spoiler, yet I've seen such images in signatures and the like. It's pointlessly pedantic to bother with it for one aspect, but not another.

If it's decided that spoilers are necessary, then I will spoiler mine with the page number that I am up to when I make the spoiler.

The teammate thing I'll grant you, considering how she killed off the meteor in the hypothetical timeline. The lack of effort though, I won't. She'll often cheat, as gamers are apt to do, but she also puts in the hard yards. Remember, level grinding takes effort, and she has all of the levels. All of them.

Its biggest achievement was saving John from the menace it created. It's not even zero-sum, because Jack's ascension caused a whole lot of other crap to happen.

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

I think all of the fanbase can accept that Vriska's the most controversial character in all of Homestuck. But everyone's views on her are subjective; personally, she is one of, if not, my favorite of the trolls, and while she did cause all the **** to go down, there's also the matter of the things guiding her hand (i.e. LE and Scratch), not to mention paradox space's own need for stable timeloops.

Whether she wanted to be or not, she was inevitably another one of paradox space's tools, like the bunny and Jack.

On Vrsika herself, I think her flaws is what makes me like her. xD While she is the huge 8itch of the team, and will cut any of them down to further her own agenda, the fact that she had a visibly horrified reaction to Jack's killing of Terezi/Karkat/Meteor was showing that she was starting to at least make a little progress to overcome her flaws. In my opinion, at least, lol.

It also enabled all four kids to ascend to the God Tier due to the menace it created. Like Nova said, the bunny is pretty much another tool of paradox space (i am saying that a lot today), and we can't really say it caused more harm than good, because it both ultimately enabled LE to arrive but also enabled God Tiered Kids through Jack.

bluh that is horrible now that i am reading it over

3. P Banned

If we're going into the consequences of the bunny further down the line, I'd like to point out that giving semi-immortality to some kids is not an equal payoff to creating a demon that threatens reality itself. That was the tradeoff for the kids' god tiering.

I think my qualm with the bunny is that it was intended as something helpful (presumably), but it did far more harm than good, implying that the maker was either a fool or malicious.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

My point seems to have been missed. I like villains. I like them a lot. Especially when they love what they do and have no remorse. My problem with Vriska is that she is an utter tool.

In a universe where the very concept of free will is challenged, she manages to be the biggest tool of all. Worst of all, her cardinal sin, is that she doubted! It may not even have been her calling to be the ruthless witch she was, but she pursued it with primal fervor. She's every bit as predictable as Doc Scratch said she was. People who are fans of her work are settling for a sub-par performance. Why, they have Terezi and Doc Scratch to choose from as well! Both do it better and for longer. <3

5. P Banned

I love Jake. That is all.

Also, are we going to bother doing the spoilery thing or not? I'm leaning towards a 'not'.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

Ah, that was my bad, sorry. xD
    Yes, mainly because there have been some people who posted in here that aren't caught up, and there may be some people who want to check it out, either be choice or urge to join the RP, and may want to speed read through without visible spoilers.

JAKE WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WEARING

I am pretty sure I love Jake and Jane now.
    And it appears that one of the changes the Scratch did to better prepare the kids for the game this time around
    was have the Condesce succeed in her plans. ._.

not sure if want

7. Sumi suicidé

Holy fuck. So. 2X3PRONG DAY explained. :I ;;;
    This is
    really
    freaky.
    I mean, everything is too obvious, you know? :c Or maybe it's supposed to be that way.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm honestly not worried about the BLUH BLUH HUGE BATTERWITCH development. If this session is in touch with the trollcestors' session, then I don't see any of the scary foreshadowing actually doing much harm. It's probably just setting up to put more of the pieces together.

Besides, if we're in flip-flop Scratch land, Alternia is peaceful and wimpy! :D

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, looks like Alternia is confirmed, which means this is probably Pre-Scratch Alternia. ._.

Hero of Life: Confirmed

And it looks like they are both going to remain linear throughout. o:

Also

Okay, so it appears the goal for this time is defeat Lord English completely.

And the four universes appears to be

Kidverse
    Trollverse
    Scratch!Kidverse
    Scratch!Trollverse

With the opposites interacting with each other. Which means that maybe this won't be the "HAI GUYS WE FREE LETS DO ALL THE THINGS" like anticipated. ;w;

Also, calling uranianUmbra as the Sufferer now. :B

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Caaaalled iiiit

And somehow the forum figured that out before they said it. Freakin' psychics those guys are >_>

uU will, at least. We know that each of the Trolls had their own method in the first/second round.

Yep, this seems to be setting up for his death. Which is interesting because Scratch told the story of Peacefulternia as if it was all a massive failure. Perhaps he didn't anticipate or know about scratch!Kidverse's involvement. "Success from failure" being a prominent theme, it's possible we're about to see the heroes take a major step forward. I just wonder what lord enganon's up to how everyone's going to meet up, if they do, and how the kids/trolls will play into it if they don't.

And yeah I'm guessing uU is the Sufferer. We haven't been given a reason why anyone else would use gray text, unless that's just a thing in Peacefulternia, and it would create a nice parallel between Kar/Jade and Suf/Jane.

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

Life was the last word on Jane's intro page, like Life was on Jake's. So they ended up thinking they would be Heroes of Life/Hope respectively from the mment Hussie put those up. xD

Also,
    I am kind of in love with kid!Mom,
    like completely

And I am beginning to wonder when Jane will realize BC is evil. ._.

So excited for kid!Bro it is ridiculous.

12. P Banned

this this this

1000 times this.

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM RECENT LOGS:

GG: So this hypothetical monstrosity wants me to succeed, but also wants me to die?
    GG: Makes a lot of sense!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA, JANE.

YOU

HAVE

NO

IDEA.

TG: my drunk butts tune will stay as unchanged as it will remain un not drunk
    TG: makr my barley corerent words

I fucking love kid!Mom. 5eva

GG: THE FLAPPY SWINGY DOODAD.
    GG: THE ARM DEALIE.
    GG: THE DEALIE, LALONDE, THE DEALIE!!!
    TG: wut
    GG: THE GODDARNED RED SWINGY FLAPPY LEVER ARM THINGAMABOB, WHATEVER IT'S CALLED.
    GG: ON THE MAILBOX.

We will never figure out what the hell that thing is will we

14. Sumi suicidé

Actually the proper name is a red flag, and the use of it is to alert mailmen/women to mail you'd like sent. :v
    ****inglovekidmomomgggg also JAKE ENGLISH IS A PERFECT BEING YUP

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hussie has been answering questions on his new-ish Tumblr, for the interested. It's standard fare: Lots of obligatorily dodgy answers to plot/character questions, a splash of fan outcry response, and a light dab of Hussie humor throughout.

powderedgravy asked:
    Do you identify with any of the trolls personally?

"Gamzee but only cause he killed a bunch of them."

eggtoburgologist asked:
    Is genetic material what we all think it is, or something as simple as dry flakes of skin or fingernails?

"what am i reading here

"Oh I guess you’re getting at something to do with trollsex? I see. You’re trying to corner me into confirming it’s like alien jizzbarf or whatever. Not going to happen."

aristocraticrenegade asked:
    When shall troll sex toys become available?

"When I’m done using em. Wait your fucking turn."
    cruxtrudeir asked you:
    Will another 12 alternate trolls be introduced?

That would be such a shitload of trolls!!!!!

Do we need twelve more? I mean, if I introduced twelve more trolls, I might as well introduce another hundred. Right?

Which might be fine??? Hey, who wants me to introduce a hundred more trolls? Any takers? Probably lots of people, I bet.

How about if I introduce 10,000 new trolls? Watch this.

I hereby declare all of your fantrolls to be canon.

Yes, even the ****** ones.

(I think I answered two questions from that guy. How is that even fair??)

[​IMG]

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

16. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    XD That's freaking hilarious. Authors have god powers. I will keep this in mind.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

New hoodies! Life and Void are out now. Not sure how I feel about the new designs though, they're kinda weird color-wise.

Also. Dat fridge. WARNING: THE DAD HAS BEEN ALERTED.

It's ironic because I was thinking of doing the same thing with my stories, if they ever got popular enough. Or maybe say something like, "If it's a good read, I'll make it canon."

18. Sumi suicidé

I'm a tad disappointed in the new merch, myself. Although I can see the reasoning and such behind the designs. I wish life had cooler colours, haha.

Also, the name Li'l Seb. Li'l Cal and Li'l Seb.

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

...Act 1

wait
    WHAT

JANE FHTSYZHJSVHHRVHJRBGFSBRV

oh god what am i even
    hussieeeeeeeeeeeee

But yeah, there were around 4-5 green curtains toward the end of Seer: Descend (which we all know depict the acts), so I guess we have another 4-ish subacts to get through until EOA6.

But Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane ;_________________________;

20. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

[video=youtube;J-BbzFVBXwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-BbzFVBXwQ[/video]

It's like the good ol' WTF Boom meme again. Except backwards.