Webcomic Homestuck

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Yeah Ii'm not getting Sollux and the Battleship....but eh. However, that fan comic has also gotten me to support Vriska<3 Karkat. I even got made at Terezi for stealing him away JUST to hurt Vriska.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...Ohffff. Maybe you didn't show it to me. Maybe it was a Facebook friend. Lol OOPS MY BAD EVERYBODY. Blame Justis. Blame him even though you don't know him. Yes that is his name. Justis. Yes it is said how it sounds. Justice.

Wait, you mean in EoA5 or in BtSDLB?

If you mean Be the Sea Dweller Lowblood, it actually pushed me into full-on dislike for Vriska. I thought about it and reflected on her canon self and I realized... she's really pathetic. She's nothing without her gambits. That they fail and we get to see the results only solidifies that.

Maybe I will go through with that 'fic idea. Do the pair proper justice. lol JUST1C3

3. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

True that I guess. And yes, I don't understand Sollux <3 Battleship. It seems weird to me. I thought he'd be miserable.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oh yeah that's probably just P being weird. Like my This <3 Stupid, how does that make any sense words cannot feel feelings OR CAN THEY

You know, I really wish I had gotten into HS sooner. I've been looking back over the old acts... and I didn't realize how much everything before Act 5 is a blur for me. There are points I flat-out don't remember, like Jade's grandpa saving John from some Basilisks. I go back over it thinking "Wait, that happened?" And does anyone else remember that there are tons of Sburb sessions on the planet, for the lonely four that actually succeeded? What were they told in lieu of the "four heroes" malarkey? "You're going to die horribly, try to make the most of it?"

For a while I totally forgot there were more than four sessions on Earth, but that explains how several other major and minor characters seem to be players. What I'm wondering is how fedoraFreak found a Quest Bed on Earth. Are there some Sburb sessions which don't require you to make it to the Medium? Does Sburb have contingency plans for players who fail this? I should reread more often, so many juicy ideas for fan adventures...

5. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

*shrug* Also I got it wrong. I meant Sollux's ancestor <3 Battleship.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Guys

JAPAN KNOWS

NO ONE IS SAFE

Far less spammy link: Click here for fan music by fans! That is, fans who didn't get music on an official album. Some of this is pretty ballin', like "Midnight Spider" and "Growin' Up Strider." Which also has a very charming video to go with it.

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I love Land of Fans and Music <3. Especially MeGaDanceVania and Press Start.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Do you know if there's a non-Bandcamp mirror of the album? My Bandcamp is not working properly ;_; It's a site-wide issue and I'm one of the ones experiencing it after they claimed to have fixed it. If you need to PM me to share a link, go ahead.

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Act 6 Time o:

omg a flash <3

Anyway, I am really curious about seeing the rest of the scratched kids.

Jane Crocker made me laugh nervously
    and dem spoons
    dem spoons

And it looks as though the Condesce will have a MUCH bigger role here.
    And since Cal is here too...I am afraid of who the First Guardian will be. .____.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oh god Cal is still there.

Oh god Cal is still there.

DOUBLE ENGLISH

So yeah anyone else wondering if scratched!Earth will interact with nonscratched!Alternia? That would be badass.

11. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I think they will be interacting, as on Jane Crocker's introduction page it says that Betty Crocker is a "multiglobal empire" and so I think that it means that the two are interacting. Also Betty Crocker herself is Feferi's ancestor supposedly so it would make sense that there would be interactions between Earth and Alternia.

Edit: Also now
    Grandpa Harley has been shown, Jake English. His shirt symbol is Lord English and he even has this poster http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luiikm8J601qd7iyy.png on his wall of Lord English oh god.

12. Sumi suicidé

Oh my gosh that poster.

OKAY. So.
    Nana = Jane
    Grandpa = Jake
    But why Crocker and English?!

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, the Batterwitch was Nanna's adoptive mother in the Pre-Scratch world, so I guess that carried over.

As for English,
    honestly I think it's just Hussie ****ing with us.

Until a better theory shows up.

14. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I think English is just Hussie ****ing with us too. Since there's all the references to LE with Jake, but I'm not exactly sure. Since I don't think there's been any reference to him being summoned before? But you're right, Crocker is because she is Nanna's adoptive mother.

15. Sumi suicidé

The plot thickens! Two more character silhouettes revealed! Dave and Rose grandparents? That's what I'm calling.

ALSO "Dad"

If anyone uses Pesterchum, you should post your handles. Mine is peppermintNapalm and y'all should add me. c:

16. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

The general gist is definitely grandparents. Oh man Dave grandpa I can't.
    Anyway, I am so into it. I just can't wait to see how the original kids meet up with the trolls.

shiningFinger is mine.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE

DOUBLE GODDAMN ENGLISH

SORT-OF CONFIRMED: From the silhouettes, Rose and Dave's counterparts do not appear to be genderswaps. Which probably means they're Mom and Bro, respectively. Unless they are Momdave and Brorose!!! Hahaha, what Also no I don't think they're going to be Rose's and Dave's grandparents because that would mean we're bringing in characters which haven't been established and that would be Bad Hussie Worst Writer.
    I used to have Pesterchum but I could never decide on a name (LOL WHAT A SURPRISE). I will be getting it again soon, though, and I will post my handle and add everyone when I do. c:

18. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I thought that it was established that they would switch places with their ectobiological parents. So it'd be Bro and Mom :B

As for Jake, I can't tell if it's trolling or if there is some connection between him and Lord English. Almost everything in his intro references Lord English. HUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Then again, Hussie has stated on his Tumblr that English did influence Alternian culture so maybe he did the same for Post-Scratch Earth.

I'm also calling that Jane and Jake's attributes are Life and Hope respectively.

As for my pesterchum, it is spiritualProtectorate at the moment but I may end up changing it for the RP coming up. I'll make sure to inform you guys if I do.

19. P Banned

That aspect of her makes her considerably more interesting in my eyes. Sometimes her gambits work out (FLARPing for food, killing John), while other times they fail and she falls flat on her face (Seducing Tavros, escaping Terezi). It'd be no fun if she were to always succeed, as Terezi has been.

As for my thoughts on Act Six:

I am not a Jane fan. Right away, something about her doesn't sit right with me. Not sure why. I just don't see myself liking her at all.

Jake, on the other hand, I'm on the fence about. Reading over his letter, he seems to be okay. The secrecy over the creation of the bunny does put me on edge though. That toy's done far more harm than good.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

P, please use spoiler tags >:C We have a lot of new people picking up Homestuck and they already run enough risk of spoilers from us chatting about it everywhere!

My problem with Vriska is that she often foregoes conscious effort and seeks to predict or gamble her way to victory. That and she doesn't consider her teammates very often. It might be a spectacle to watch her work, but it doesn't endear her to me as a person, and it smacks of a crippling flaw, which is something many of the seemingly perma-dead trolls share.

I like Jane, and I want to like Jake but he just bothers me. Don't know that you can say the bunny's done more harm than good, though; it saved Jack once and it saved John once. Like most other things in the HSverse, it seems irrevocably woven into the never-ending spiral of successes and failures the kids experience.