Webcomic Homestuck

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I just finished Act One.

As a noob, I must say that i'm enjoying the humor of it all and look forward to the totally kid-friendly stoof to come.

Also, John Egbert has an amazing shirt.

2. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh hoh hoh.

John's hijinks in his room <3.
    It was so simple back then.

Yeah, I'm glad we've got a new fan.
    Did KHV convert you?

3. Sumi suicidé

1) Doc Scratch is an excellent host.
    To be honest, I didn't expect that. Not at all. However, it makes sense. Also I think it's interesting that he truly has not ever lied. He's the ultimate foreshadowing device. Hehe.
    2) Speaking of foreshadowing, I'm reading through all the acts backwards right now (as in, act five then the intermission then four then three - etc.) and as people have already noticed yes there is a shitton of foreshadowing. But my big thing is with Doc Scratch - in act 5.1 Aradia says:
    AA: th0ugh at n0 p0int did i ever lie
    AA: but thr0ugh 0missi0n

This is the same as Doc did - he only ever lied through omission. For example, the Green Sun wasn't there when Rose and Dave came to destroy it. Doc Scratch never said it would be there, only that it may be of interest to destroy it. Discuss?

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, not KHV persay.

More like Plums' incessant demands, your mention of the halloween outfit (which I can imagine as looking fecking beautiful) and the fact that it's an MS Paint Adventure.

5. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Well. Scratch said, "It has enough force to destroy the Green Sun."
    This confused me, at first, but he never said it will destroy the Green Sun. He said that if the Green Sun were already there it could technically destroy it. This is true for much of Scratch's little "omissions", using hypothetical terms. After re-reading its entirety, you can see his love for that device.

And LE is ridiculously hardcore.

6. Sumi suicidé

LE made me want to cry a little
    Also, significance of the honking?

Hey, so, this is most definitely related to Homestuck so read this.

I guess there's been small talk of it, but what do you guys think about planning an original session?

7. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

"And now back to the most important character in Homestuck." Gamzee and LE are probably related, or will be. Also, in recent times, Hussie's been using "HONK" just to express that oh hey they are going to murder you.

8. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

This is what I think of Homestuck:
    [video=youtube;-R3Mj8wboV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R3Mj8wboV0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

9. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

1. Nice spam, bro.
    2. You realize this is mocking the majority of the fanbase and not Homestuck itself, correct? This is mocking the masses of annoying fans. Not the brilliant webcomic. Lol.
    3. You never read Homestuck. Am I correct in assuming this.

10. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    I don't even know what just happened. But I don't like it.

11. P Banned

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I do. To be honest, I actually didn't see this coming at all. I feel like an idiot. I watched it happen, and was like "WHAT THE **** HOW IS THIS HAPPENING THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING IT'S SO PREDICTABLE!"

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Reblogging Quoting for those who may not have seen.
    Note: Please reply there if you have any suggestions/questions/etc in regards to the RP.

Lord English was inside Scratch all along, and was set to be released upon the Green Sun birth/Two Universes Ending/Scratch's death.

tl;dr: Scratch is an excellent host. In more ways than one.

Also, if everyone could please start posting using spoiler tags (and indicating what Act your are on), as some people that may just be starting/may be behind will get spoiled to the dickens.

Thanks. <3

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Caught up, major spoilers below.

For those I haven't bragged to about it yet.

I called it.

Ask Ashwin, he knows. I said after watching EoA5 a few times, Watch him be English. It's so obvious. So obvious that NO ONE WOULD THINK OF IT. But I did.

I mean, think about it. He did say he was not entirely omniscient. Dark pockets remained in his vision. He intended to die and knew his master would arrive at that time. How else could he have known about something beyond his death unless he was the catalyst for it? And SCRATCH STILL NEVER LIED ABOUT ANYTHING. He is the villain I one day wish to write, I swear. Ok well maybe not quite that composed or logical. I like unhinged psychotics a little too much.

I feel a little foolish for thinking it had to be somebody, prior to that. You know, that English would be a character already introduced instead of his very own character. It's kind of half that and half Scratch, I guess. He came from Scratch but I don't believe he'd identify as Scratch at this stage. Or maybe he would. Who knows.

All I know is Begin intermission 2 has officially pushed Homestuck past Sepulchritude levels

Act 6: My body is ready

OH, and

Cofagrigus

is now Lord English the Pokemon.

Blame G_S.

15. Sumi suicidé

I am so naming my Cofragius "Lord English" now. Defnitely.
    And thanks for linking the thread, Plums! ;w;
    On a non-spoiler note that is Homestuck related:
    Pairings, anyone? (as long as we stay respectful and stuff)

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It won't fit ;_; Only ten characters

Since you just asked me earlier I will repost:

Only-In-My-Dreams Crazy Fantasy Pairings
    Vriska <3 Karkat - Trust me, I can make you believe. (I got the idea from rule 34. But then I made it work. I do that a lot)
    drunk!Kanaya <3 Rose/Vriska - Blame the internet. There's an image for it but I can't find it now. It's great though. (not rule 34, just humorous)
    Gamzee <3 Tavros - Can no longer happen. Why. Why. Why Vriska why would you do this. SO ADORABLE.

Guaranteed Excellent Proper Must Happen True Pairings
    John <3 Rose - No other option. The cute. It has reached critical mass.
    Karkat <3 Jade & Dave <3 Terezi - Conditionally linked, the first because I want Karkles to have somebody of his own and the second because I don't want it to be Terezi.
    This <3 Stupid - Now and forever.

17. P Banned

Kanaya <3 Anyone male
    Kanaya <3< Anyone male
    Kanaya <> Anyone male
    Kanaya c3< Anyone male

Because tumblr drama.

My serious ships are Davesprite x beta!John and Vriska <3 Tavros. Rose x John and Vriska x John are equally cute in my eyes. Ideally I'd have Rose as a <> and Vriska as a <3, but that'd be messy soyeah.

BTSDLB has me as a Vriska <3 Karkat fan. Eventhoughhedoesn'tdeserveher

Oh, and ψiioniic <3 The Battleship Condescension.

By the way, check the version of the forum.

18. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I've read a bit of Homestuck and I'm not really impressed with it, I'm not saying this because I despise webcomics, I'm saying this because I think it takes forever for the plot to actually pick up, the writing to me makes Buckly's comic look like I'm reading a children's book and I'm kind of getting sick of seeing it everywhere I go, same thing with MLP, I understand that people like it, thats fine, like it all you want, I'm just saying when you see a lot of one thing so much, it can get pretty annoying. Now to avoid drama, I am not going to respond to anything, in fact I'm not going to post anymore on this thread, just letting you know what I think, I know you may have a counter argument with mine, but I'm still going to go on what I think. I know some of you may think I'm closed minded, an idiot or whatever, but I'm just saying this from my point of view, good day.

19. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I respect that.

Anyway on to shipping.

John x Vriska. Karkat x Jade. Jadesprite x Davesprite. Cal x Bro. Eridan <3< Sollux. Terezi <3< Vriska. Vriska <3 Karkat.

20. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

[​IMG]

SUCK MY BULGE!!

And why is all this blame about Lord English the Pokemon being put on me? B|