Webcomic Homestuck

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I know, a lot of this was so sad :(. It was a very clever way of him doing this though, I really liked it. So much to say, but I can't articulate right now ... but since when did SBHJ foreshadow stuff???

2. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Ah, this update.

Indeed, what has already been stated about the horrendously saddening qualities of it has already been stated as such. Though I am quite curious as to whom Jaspers was speaking of after being teleported - it would be quite interesting to learn more about this plot line.

And I must say the conversation between Rose and Dave was one of the most entertaining I have viewed in a while - though it was still a tad saddening, truly.
    The Denizen battles appear to be quite unlikely at this point (with the exception of Echidna, perhaps) - perhaps the children of the reset session shall hold their own Denizen fights?

Ah, according to Andrew Hussie himself, Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff is quite generally a sort of rough draft board for any random concepts that he may hold in his head. Thus, implementation of such concepts that have been taken upon in Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff are either general references or - as stated, implementations of these concepts previously lingering in his mind.

3. P Banned

I don't think it's beta!John. We get beta!Dave and beta!Aradia because they're time-travellers who returned to the alpha timeline. beta!John didn't return or do anything. He just died in an alternate timeline and subsequently ceased to exist.

I think John's just being derpy again.

Davesprite being alive is completely badass. According to Toby's Twitter, he's making a Davesprite themesong. I expect that will play some part in future, especially if Davesprite does what we think he will.

Oh, and Jadesprite needs to suck less. :<

4. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Jadesprite certainly holds quite a bit of potential - it appears that beneath the wings of Davesprite she shall certainly progress.

There is also a particular song on the Volume 7 album that appears to further imply the presence of Dave in some sort of rather heroic action - "Even in Death" it is named, and Dave's leitmotif is certainly noticeable among the general track. I am simply curious as to what it may indeed imply - it reminds me a tad of the point in Megalovania which plays in accordance with the God Tier initiation of Aradia.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, looks like Vriska's on a date with beta!John. And I'm guessing we're going to be learning more about the denizens from him and Davesprite, while Rose rides the moon to the Green Sun. Also, I'm surprised at how she's able to be awake and be in the dream bubbles at the same time. Could it possibly have something to do with her "Seer of Light" status? despite how sh*t she was at that

Also Liv tyler on the moon too. D:
    Which explains how it got to J in the first place.

Other than that, I also guess we're finally learning who/what FedoraFreak is? Through Nanna nonetheless.

6. program Twilight Town Denizen

When I heard of it I was all like 'Cool!' but, then I googled it and found it and it wasn't as I thought. But then I decided to give it chance but, scanned through it mostly. I Wiki'ed it and read it gets better as you read/interact, so I now I'm determined to get caught up, and I find it pretty good.
    I quite like it, the plot is deep and awesome, and the whole Sburb game idea is pretty original.

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Updates.

@Rose/Dave: Looks like Dave's gonna get his 664545763645th Moment of Awesome.
    And Rose and Liv are pretty defenseless against that ****** dag since they don't have the Specibus/Weapons. :/

@John Panel:
    So pretty much, the Trolls completely failed their Denizens?
    Plot twist.
    And I'm guessing beta!John's death was part of his request.

@Sprites:
    Jadesprite sucks less! 8D
    Also, I wonder what all of them are gonna do during the Scratch?

@Doc Scratch:
    lol watch the guest be Hussie.

8. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Well, Dave's pretty awesome, and I guess he needs to protect Rose and Liv ... ooooo ... I wonder if Liv will end up being sacrificed for the Green Sun mission ... seems like a good way for a main character to not die.

Yeah, I wonder what's gonna happen with the denizens too ... also, it seems that the of ____ descriptor determines your denizen, seeing as Vriska and Rose have/had the same one.

I wonder about the sprites too, it seems he's re-introducing them for a reason.

Yeah, he'll probably have another self-insersion / catch-up thing.

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Liv AND Vriska dying? John will have to go grimdark after that. xD
    But for a serious answer, I don't think she will be. Liv (or another of the bunnies) needs to get to J to get all the weapons and be sent back via time shenanigans. Which means she will probably lose her other eye courtesy of DD's stabs. ...And also needs to stop being animated.

Maybe the sprites will help John with everything the game's gonna throw at him when they start the scratch? o:

Hussie will show Scratch what being a true host means.
    It will be too much for Scratch, and he will send himself hurtling into the Green Sun.

Actually, wait.
    If Jack still has his Green Sun powers Post-Scratch, what does that mean for Rose/Dave? ._______.

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

People sure don't post in here that much.

Hope this small bump to say I follow Homestuck doesn't cause any problems.

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

Nope. :B

kk so updates time

Jesus christ Bec killed the Proto-genesis frog. But that actually will help them with paradox slime and stuff, so Good Dog, Best Friend.
    Also Jade has to bring all the planets. All of them. ._.

And about the last update, lol Betty Crocker is an alien.
    And just when is Grandpa Harley doing all of these things? I know the Guardians are all related directly to the creation of the Kids' game of Sburb (Madame Lalonde even had that giant IP Address lab next to her house).

And no beta!JohnxVriska :c

But Aradia in front of the Green Sun is a twist.
    And it looks like we'll find out who the guest is.

Also, watch the EoA be in the last panel.

12. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

JADE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!!!

other than that ... I wonder what the proper Genesis frog will look like ...

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

It may or may not look as freaky as the one we've seen.
    Usually in games, the thing you need, like a frog, is different from the others.
    In more ways than one.

14. Plums Wakanda Forever

Update

I knew the Trolls messed up their session, but dayum. Karkat pretty much created the new universe to be a giant cancerous frog. And this also explains why The Tumor is in the Kids' session - not because it's reserved for all screwed over sessions, but because it is symbolic of the session. carcinoGeneticist just got a brand new meaning.

Also, I wonder what is going on with Bec Noir/the exiles. It looks like the Scratch is starting, and I'm guessing the Red Miles in the air is WV donning the ring or the Scratch happening in the Exile-Earth?

Furthermore, why is the Bad Dog, Worst Enemy killing a frog again? Jade, Paperkind STRIFE.

And it looks like these updates will be, more or less, Dave centered. "Even in Death" in a flash time? 8D

15. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Oh my god, Karkat has emotional depth o.o ... I really want to know though, since John removed the tumor, he seems to be living up to his theme of "Doctor" ... and I knew the Tumor would have somethign to do with Karkat seeing as his symbol is Cancer, his whole theme is mutations and stuff ...

What' behind that door!!!! Also, Gamzee and Dave rapbattle??

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

NOIR IS THE CANCER. IT IS HIM.

IDE: Pre-Scratch Noir kills Post-Scratch Noir and that is where the blood comes from. NO THIS IS IN FACT SO VERY VERY STUPID.

Anyhow, it looks like both instances of Jack in the two games of Sburb/Sgrub are going to destroy their respective universes. Also, looks like Scratch had to get a bigger broom for whatever is behind that door. ._.

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

SO ... Asainradia and stuff ... here's what I think:

Hussie said that his influence in the story would be exactly one yard (a yellow yard). Karkat said that they'd escape the scratch session by crossing a yellow "lawn ring" which one could roughly translate to a back/front garden or a yard. Therefore, I think that since the distance between the two forth walls is one yard (Hussie's influcene) this will be his way of helping the characters move to the new session, through the two fourth walls ...

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Karkat's symbol is HOT AS ****.
    Those irons were in the fire.

Anyway, I guess Karkat is really Troll Jegus the Second Coming?

Also, Hussie broke the fifth wall.
    I doubt this would be a real thing, but if it is heck yes.

And I wonder when Hussie is going to make that Dave/Terezi update from a while back?
    It seems as if the good Doc has stole the story and escaping to the side.

19. Sumi suicidé

Can I marry The Virgo Maryam orrr
    This update is drawing some really interesting interesting religious parallels.

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

Pantscestor is Jesus,
    Kanayacestor is Mary, fffffff

Overall, I'm glad the ancestors are finally having a bigger impact on the plot of the story. It's putting into perspective what the trolls are supposed to do to possibly revive Alternia back into its peaceful days. Possibly.