Webcomic Homestuck

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

[Every single thing I can possibly say belongs in spoiler brackets other than]

it's about kids playing a game.

Anyone else read Homestuck? Opinions thus far?

I'm curious to see how Jade will pull of whatever-the-hell she is supposed to do with Space. As revealed in J's note to John here, it appears Jade is successful. Also, does anyone else know when Rose supposedly fused with her Dream Self? I'm all caught up with Homestuck, but I can't remember when this happened exactly.

Also, God Tier Ancestral Vriska = <3

2. P Banned

Okay, are we going to 8other with spoilers here? It might 8e easier just to tell people not to discuss unless they're caught up.

Oh well. If we're doing this spoiler 8usiness, let's do it as we do with the Umineko thread. Say which Act you are on 8efore the spoiler.

[Act 5.2, caught up]
    Rose never com8ined with her dreamself. alternatefuture!Rose's Dreamself com8ined with Rose's dreamself way 8ack in Act 3 IIRC, 8ut ATM, we have no confirm8ion on her dream self, which leads us to suspect that she's dead.

Speaking of death, I don't think Vriska is dead. She still needs to give John the captcha code for the Octet to make the new hammer. It's easy enough to work around the God-Tier rules to make her alive.

3. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm just interested to see what happens with
    Gamzee going batshit insane and killing everyone
    since he's apparently
    the most important character.

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Act 5.2, Caught Up

iirc, the last time we ever saw dream!Rose was when Dave went into her room on Derse and she had the grimdark aura feeling her up covering her. At this point, I just wanna find out what's happening with her/Jade/Dave. Especially Dave with his time shenanigans and all.

Yeah, Vriska shouldn't be. She was "killed" the same way John was. But at the same time, Hussie could also claim that Terezi did it as a just kill. Considering that Scratch went about three-four pages talking about the duty of the Seer and how they are supposed to prevent uneeded shit from happening, Terezi herself could be convinced taht killing Vriska is the right thing to do, and the God Tier immortality could be stripped.

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Was it ever stated that the octet are part of the Warhammer? Actually, going on to the Legendary Weapons for a second, We've seen the Warhammer of Zillihoo, we've seen Ahab's Crosshairs, and I'm guessing the needles the bunny had were the ones which can cause the Scratch. Is the sword the bunny's holding Caledfwlch. Incidentally, Caledfwlch is the Walsh name for Excalibur.

I hope Vriska's not dead, she's a really good character, is a HUGE *****. I mean, she is all the *****es, all of them, but she's a great character. Also, a thought, if the scratch has happened and the session the 4 kids are in re-sets, is it not then a paradox for Jack to still be alive seeing as the events leading to his creation never happened as the kids' session never actually happened. Does that make sense?

I would ramble more, but I'm not sure I'm cohesive at this point :).

6. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

She was allowed to leave though, thus making any kills unfair. She didn't do anything wrong as letting her go would have been classified as forgiving her.

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Act 2.5 caught up:

IT'S A TRAP!!!! And it looks like Vriska's dead ... yep ...

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

Act 5.2

Not sure if the fact that AH took more time to explain the previously explained circumstances surrounding God Tier death is good, bad, or simply trolling. At least we now understand why Hussie's been using "Tick/Tock" for the links, though. Also, Snowman saving Spades!Jack? Not sure how feel. Possibly because he may be of use to her. Or is this just setting up for John performing the Scratch during Double Strife Round Two: Snowman v. Spades and 5X/6X SHOWDOWN COMBO with Gamzee v. Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Sollux (and probably Vriska).

9. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Act 5.2 caught up:

It seems that Vriska's finally had her redemption. I wonder if this means that her death won't stick since she's no longr the type of person deserving of a "just" death. Also, we know the code for the octet now, I wonder what he'll make with it ... Maybe he'll dual wield Zillyhoo hammers since that seems to be what people think he uses it for. I have no idea about the kismesis relationship going on between Snowman and Spades. All in all, I'm really liking this ark! I just want to see what happens with Gamzee and Vriska and the trolls.

Also, looks like Rose can't reach God Tier now can she?

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

And it looks like Dave's gotta be the one to do the Green Sun mission now.

Also, SnowmanxSlick? John corpsesmooching Rose?
    oh my god what

Though, VriskaxJohn was forseeable.
    EspeciallysinceIshipthat.

11. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Am I a bad person for being a JohnJade shipper? I know they're technically related and all but ... they'd be a cute couple.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFF
    FFF
    FFF
    FFF

VRISKA. NO. ;___________;

Also, Dave and Jade are back!
    andtheybroughtjacktoo.

To be honest though, Vriska's death isn't fair. She didn't even get a chance to TRY to make up for her deeds. Well, sure, it would've meant Karkat/Terezi died, but still. Damn you Hussie. >:

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Actually, I don't think she IS dead. The crowbar destroys any time-related artifact it hits. That clock decides whether Vriska's death goes through or not. However, since it was broken, I don't think it was decided so I think she's alive.

14. P Banned

[5.2, caught up]
    Afraid not. Hussie confirmed the death on formspring. ._.

15. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

He also said she may return at some point in the future. Also, wtf does Adagio Redshift do?? Do you think it has something to do with why Bec Noir gets transported through the scratch?

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Whatever it was supposed to do, guess it didn't work out well. And I'm not sure how I feel about Dave's death. Even though Karkat said Dave planned it, it didn't look planned at all.

Also, I guess Scratch wants the universe to end. ._.

And Bec Noir is a ****ing creep staring at corpsesmooches.

17. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Act 5.2, currently caught up.

There have been enormous philosophical debates as to the moral reasoning behind her death listed as "Just", and the best conclusions are that Skaia holds a rather utilitarian philosophy to its actions. I suppose one may note the question of such a death truly being "Just" if the act of murder was committed before such a destruction of the other trolls occurring, along with the fact that Vriska held no such negative intentions towards her colleagues when attempting to fight Bec Noir.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Damn it Skaia. ;_;

Also, looks like everyone's down to one life. Whoever's about to carry out the Green Sun mission is now gonna get a guarenteed Game Over. Unless, you know, Aradia and dream bubble shenanigans.

And Jade his lit the Forge, it appears. I wonder if the kids are even going to fight the Denizens at this point.

19. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Didn't Doc Scratch say at some point that there was more than one way of reachong the God Tiers? I htink that might be significant ...

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

-bump-

New update.

Davesprite being alive pretty much made my day. And it appears from dream!Rose and dream!Dave's conversation that Davesprite is actually going to be the one to do the Green Sun mission. ...Well, that and this SBHJ comic at the bottom of this page. :B As for Jadesprite, now that she has Davesprite, she may/may not stop being a pansy bitch. Maybe.

Jaspers and Nepeta's conversation was sad. :/
    Poor Nepeta thinking the only way she'll be with Karkat is by dying. :c
    And lol, Jaspers neutered.

But even more sad
    VRISKA ;____;

And I'm wondering which John this is. Currently, the Alpha John is talking to Karkat. So maybe this is that Doomed John Terezi killed?
    Either way, sloppy makeouts. All across the screen. It's just going to happen.