hmm, well...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Juicy, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juicy Chaser

Im like, obsessed with this guy right now. He's kind, caring, sweet, gentle, hot and I keep catching him staring at me and he blushes when I look at him, and he always smiles that adorable smile at me, so I think he likes me too. Just one problem.
    He dated one of my best friends.

Would it be wrong to go anywhere with this guy? (If that makes sense)

Is it wrong to date your friends ex??

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Uhm it is a difficult situation to be in, and I can relate xD

I would say to talk to your best friend first. I know that technically you shouldn't have to as who you date is your choice, but your friend would no doubt appreciate you going to her first rather than hearing about it when you and the guy have started dating.

3. Repliku Chaser

Yeah, as CtR said, you may want to talk to your friend and ask if she's 'over him' and then well, make a decision. It's not an easy position to be in but talking to the friend might get you to see how things on her end are and well, if she's not okay with it, at least you did the right thing asking on her feelings. Then, you'll have to make a choice. Just also make sure he's not playing with you as sometimes people do to get back at someone else. I wish you luck because it's not easy to be stuck in that situation.

4. Juicy Chaser

Thanks, though it will be majorly awkward talking to her about it... I think I should be more certain of what he thinks of me before I talk to her/talk to him though.

Oh, no he's definatly not that kind of guy, and I don't have a warped impression because I've known him as a friend for quite a while now. I don't think he'd ever play around about something like this. But thanks.. all though I now feel pretty paranoid.

Thanks, people <3

5. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

If you like hime just tell him you like him and walk away then consult your friend about the hole thing then if he asks you out you'll probably be with your friend at the time so she SHOULD encourage you.

6. Repliku Chaser

xD, sorry for making you feel paranoid. I would though try talking to the friend first so you can smooth that situation. If he and you know you've got some attraction there, you are fine in that regard. Did she and he break up badly or just kind of agree to separate? That will probably make a difference in this. Good luck with it all and again, sorry for the paranoia complex we've bestowed on you. *hug*

7. Juicy Chaser

Don't apoligise I think I need to think about it from some different angles..

My friend dumped him, quite a while back now. I think he took it okay though. Thanks *hugs*

8. Destined Working for WDW

...from personal experience, i'd say stay as far away from your friend's ex's as you can. They may say that they are over him/her, but deep down there is always the connection that they shared and it will make a comeback.

I've been in situations where they've turned out good, and when friends were ripped apart.

As the other's have said, the only thing you can do is talk to your friend and be completely honest with her. She may hate you for trying to invade her grounds, but if you talk to her first, it should be ok.

Either way, remember that this could go one of two ways and you have to be prepared for both avenues.

9. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Definitely talk to your friend first about it. After that I would say its fine to go out with him.

10. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Talk to your friend and ask her if she minds if you go out with him or if it would make your friendship awkward. If they did break up a while ago, then it'll probably be alright. But still, you should talk to your friend about it anyway.

11. Juicy Chaser

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys, but I kinda have an update..

Firstly, I decided to tell a friend, but not my crushes ex. I told another one of my best friends...and she revealed that she likes him as well. If it had been anyone else I would have been annoyed and slightly angry at finding this out but 'cause she's my best friend I just thought it was pretty funny.. so were both now trying to hide it from crush. And crushes ex. But Im gonna go ahead and tell crushes ex soon, 'cause Im pretty sure he likes me now (luckily for me we sit by each other in a few classes :3 )

Anyway just thought I'd tell you guys this :3

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Well as your friend i have to say that you have to follow your heart.
    Just because your friend dated him doesn't mean anything about you dating him.If he likes you and you like him then theres no thinking about other out comes then going out.If your friend feels awkward about being around him just all three of you go and hang out.

13. Juicy Chaser

I guess.. thanks for the help *glomp*

I'm really optimistic about this now, I plan on acting out my plans sometime next week :3

You guys rock xD

EDIT - 500 posts ftw xDDD

14. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

We know that we rock but it's good that you reinforced the fact.

15. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

You can't override the heart's desire. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out at least you tried.

16. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Your friend dated Sora?! (sorry I couldn't help it)

Yeah, talk to your friend before you do anything.

17. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Mess with fire,your going to get burned.Usually kind and gentle is only a public thing,you have no idea what they're like,away from others.(Example being a pedophile and such) Not saying he's that,just pointing out that you can be mislead by anything these days.

My friend dated my ex girlfriend weeks after we broke up,I felt betrayed and was pissed at him for a hell of a long time.I'd do it if you think its worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.