Hitoshi Sakimoto - Composer for FFTA, FFXII, and Odin Sphere (among others)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ars Nova, May 13, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

websitewikibasiscape

Radiant Silvergun. Vagrant Story. Ogre Battle. Breath of Fire. Valkyria Chronicles. Lord of Vermilion. He's pretty much the most prominent RPG composer you've never heard of. Or maybe you have! His name could be right up there with Uematsu, and in fact they used to work together at Square. Sakimoto broke off in 2002 to form Basiscape, which has since become synonymous with the Vanillaware brand (Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Dragon's Crown), but he continues to spread his orchestral brilliance to any game that calls for it—including later Square Enix projects.
    So whadya think? Any fans in the house? Anyone become a fan recently, or saw this thread and started looking up his work? Was he your favorite composer all this time and you never knew it?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Patman Bof

I swear his musics are the only reason I still have left to keep popping up Vagrant Story every once in a while. His work on FF Tactics was killer too.

I' m not as sold on whatever else I heard from him (that' s be Odin Sphere, FF XII and a couple Ogre), but even those have a bunch of awesome tracks. Let' s just say seeing his name somewhere always grabs my attention.