High Quality Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer Released + Some New KH3 Footage!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 16, 2015.

1. libregkd -

Square Enix has released a High Quality version of the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer that debuted a few days ago at Sony's TGS Conference. In addition to that trailer, it shows off a bit of new KH3 footage as well! You can watch it here:

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 16, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but anyone else notice how the Back Cover trailer said that the Master of Masters bestowed upon the Foretellers a copy of the Book of Prophecies?
    2. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn
      I was just going to make a post about that actually. I think it's been theorized that Zexion's Lexicon is actually one of the copies (or the actual one) don't ask me how he got it if it is it, though I have some idea (cause of him hanging out in C.O, where a bunch of things are in like all those computers etc, where they did the research) But yeah that means the actual book, if it's the one used by the Master is out there somewhere. Maybe it's in Ansem's Computer, so the Organization 13 Computers as well. Or, maybe it's not. It could be anywhere, or anything, and maybe it's disguised as THE HUNDRED ACRE WOOD BOOK. (That was only a joke, I'm crazy with my theories but not that crazy) okay but in the defense of the 100 acre wood thing no one really knows where it comes from, it just kind of appeared, maybe it is full of secrets. (Not the biggest reach I've made today XD)
    3. The Enigmatic Superior
      The Enigmatic Superior
      Actually, I could totally see the 100 Acre Wood being one of the books. Most likely one of the 5 copies that at some point, who ever was in possession of it placed a spell on it to hide it from people.

Also think Yensid's Book could be one as well
    4. Explode
      Explode
      Good to see the high quality version, the colors are MUCH richer. More/updated comparisons below.

Some things to note are the added detail on Riku's shirt (vertical lines on collar, more zipper teeth, etc.) and Sora's gloves. It's also very apparent on Sora that they took care to uprez their character models. See how his shirt sleeve goes from a square shape to a circle, and that his cardboard paws were replaced with actual individual fingers. The same thing has not been done to Riku, but this is an early trailer, and that will probably change. Some background textures are also changed. Note the platform in The World That Never Was, and the skybox in Country of the Musketeers.

The thing I'm most hoping to see improved for DDD HD is
      the building where you fight Xemnas. Because the original texture kind of looked like trash. It takes away from the moment somewhat.
      And really hoping they do in fact add more content, which seems to have been teased. I wouldn't mind another boss fight, or a few extra cutscenes to help smooth out some of the more unclear parts of the game.

Also, I suspect that the teaser shot we got for -A Fragmentary Passage- is just an animated piece of concept art, with Aqua in front of it. The way the camera moves looks a little strange to me. Not that I think the actual thing won't look beautiful too, but it may not look exactly like that.

Attached Files:

5. Krowley
      Krowley
      While I am against the theory, I would gladly accept it if they gave us an Epic Mickey book world haha.