Question Help?

Discussion in 'Help' started by The Twin, Jan 16, 2010.

1. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Okay, let's say I drew a picture of, say, Axel in a fighting pose, colored it, and shaded it, and added a fiery background behind him. How do I put him in the background as well, but larger and kind of faded out so there were really two copies of the same line art I just used?

I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to do, but have you ever seen some digital art out there where there's a character in the foreground and the same line art is behind that character, but way bigger and blends in with the real background? That's what I'd like to learn how to do.

If I can find a picture as an example I'll post one, because I've seen it done but no one seems to want to share how they did it.

2. Misty gimme kiss

First make a copy of the layers you want or paste in the original lineart. It'd probably help if you had a slightly larger version since you want the faded Axel to be larger, but if it's not you can just go to 'Edit -> Free Transform' and scale it while holding shift (to maintain the proportions). Then just change the Blending Mode or Opacity and you should get what you're trying to achieve.

I think that's what you're attempting to do?

3. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I'd have to try that and see if that works before I know. Like I said, it was a weird thing to describe, but that's pretty much what I want to do, and I couldn't find a tutorial on it anywhere in DeviantART.