Help my family win a new heating and AC system!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Shiki, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Hey KHV, I know I don't post in this section often, but I've got a small request for all of you.

My mother has cirrhosis of the liver. This was caused by HepatitisC and she's getting worse. Her MELD score, how high you are needing a transplant, is now at a 27. She's constantly having to go into the hospital to get fluid off of her belly. She can barely walk now because she's always in the hospital. We're trying to make her be as comfortable as we can, but if we can't have the whole house warm or cool, it's hard to do that.

So why is the title that?

My family really needs a new heating and AC system. Our heater is broken. The pipe for the exhaust has a crack in it and has the potential to release carbon monoxide if we use it. So now we're using small space heaters to try and keep bedrooms warm when it gets unbearable cold. This problem happened around 3 or 4 years ago, so our bills are pretty high.

Our AC needs a new compressor and by the time it did break, when I was in middle school, the system was already old. Therefore, buying a new compressor for an old system versus getting a new one was not something we could do. So we've been using a big AC in the window to cool the entire house with box fans to circulate the air.

Now, the way you can help is by voting in this contest for "Theresa Dillingham" at the link below. You can vote as many times as you want, seeing as you can copy and paste the url over and over in the bar to continue voting. The voting ends on the 20th, so we have only 11 days now.

Link to vote: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/category/296533/conway-cares
    Alternate link: https://cdn.shoutlet.com/service/v2/canvas_wa/54da330292f488a077000001

Staff, if this thread isn't allowed, just tell me and I'll change it.
    I just really want my mom to win this contest, seeing as this was a happy surprise from my aunt. She didn't even tell us until we were chosen as a finalist.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Bumping this thread, the voting is still on for another week!

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Isn't that considered cheating, giving people the opportunity to vote more than once?

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

...I mean I know why you're promoting this since I know what's going on and I feel for your family and everything but the title of this thread is perhaps a little... I dunno... advertisey?

Like, there's more of a need behind this that just helping your family win a new heating and ac system but if I didn't know you and glanced at the title I'd pass by it. You didn't even mention in the thread what was up with your mom on top of the issues with the heating and ac, so I dunno... a different way to have presented this may have been better?

I mean, I still voted, but I imagine very few looked at this thread because they thought "why should I help her family win a new ac and heating system?"