Hayao Miyazaki Retires

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Gamefreak103, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

2. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

To be honest, I saw it coming sooner or later. But still very sad to see him go. ;-; Sure, his last couple of films were below what I expected them to be, but he is perhaps one of the last few remaining 2D animation creators nowadays. Not saying that the change into CGI is bad, but there is definitely something lacking as compared to the beauty of traditional animation.

Here's to a good retirement and a good future to the rest of the staff at Ghibli Studios.

3. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

It's saddening, but it was bound to happen.
    Though I'm not as big of a fan of his as most people seem to be.

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I saw this coming actually, but it's still saddening. And because of the recent news, I'm going to watch Spirited Away again.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm just happy he got to live a long, fulfilling life in the business. It's always sad to see the greats go, but he won't be the last great filmmaker. He had his run, and it was a good one; that's all we can ask for.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I propose a toast, to Hayao Miyazaki; may his wonderful, whimsical works live on in the hearts of us all. It was great to be able to experience all of his works as they transformed throughout the decades, and I am very grateful for him to have given us wonderful movies. He had a fantastic career, and may he have a fantastic retirement.

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

I heard he was still going to be involved though wasn't he?

Either way [sorry I am a month late] I grew up with Hayao Miyazaki and although I am sad to hear he is retiring, everyone has to at some point. I hope his legacy still lives on, and if it doesn't.... then I will gladly show his movies to younger generations until the end of my days.

8. Jin うごかないで

Oh god. He's the director for most of the immensely successful anime movies I loved howls moving castle and spirited away..it's sad to see him retire my dad and a friends dad had met him at the same time once it's amazing to know my dad met one of my idols.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I never really saw much of his films, only seeing Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, but even still, I'm not sure I could say anything really like "It's sad to see him go" or anything of the sort, mainly because I don't really have a large love for the 2 films I've seen, or seen any of his other works. But considering he's done a good job and managed to make a nice name for the works he's made, as well as the hard work, I'm sure he's retiring happy

10. Shuhbooty moon child

Am I the only one not sad to see him go? He's made a lot of great movies with great stories( usually a meaning behind them all). I hope he has a great retirement.

11. Jin うごかないで

I'm not exactly sad to see him go honestly. He's lived a prosperous life and now can enjoy all his hard work and efforts where his mind got him it's just sad to see that we might not see anymore great concepts for movies release by him of course all the best for the next person in line to take on the role Miyazaki filled for a long time. Maybe the next person will even outdo Miyazaki.

Thing is when someone or something that's been there from childhood retires or ends it feels sad to see them go. Look at my reactions to naruto being on it's last leg I do preech about how the writings gone down hill but I still will miss the amazing series that Kishimoto brought us.