Have you ever been a part of something that you thought would never end?

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Misty, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Wow. Thank you so much for all you've done with the site. I can say for sure that it won't be the same without you.

I remember back to my first post as well. I never thought that I made that much of an impression early on. Over the time that we have talked, you became a really good friend to me. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough. And I'm glad to always have our chats.

And as you've said, you're not gone. There's always Twitter, and my trolling of Star Wars. I'm definitely not done with that! Haha

And if the day does come, I know I'll have some strong blood running through my veins. Although, if I'm need for another organ, I know exactly where to look. XD

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I'm not tearing up at all. Not at all what are you talking about.

Misty you've been here forever and well so have I. Whenever I think of KHV, I think of you too- even though we aren't crazy close or anything like that. You will forever be my Long Island friend and I wish you the very very best. I loved being on the podcast with you and now that will be an experience I never forget. Love you very Misty <3

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I was informed that this happened and that I was mentioned. And I have a word. Well...words.

We might have been like water and oil but all of that can never overcome all the good times and the ideas, and the talks and everything.

But most of all, whenever I think of Cassie as a person, I think of her fondly. Because for all the headaches she gave me, she also made me feel human. All this when all I felt was like a monster and alone. Cass gave me a reason to be happy whenever I was sad.And that is something I will never really forget. No matter what. Even if we don't keep in touch. I will never forget all the good that you've given me.

I guess what I mean to say is, you've given me a gift I hope I might have in some way reciprocated somehow. Your friendship gave me part of who I am and why I stand. Not perfectly, mind you. But here I am, and you'll always have a spot here in my small heart.

So obviously, if you ever need anything, I will always be willing to listen. So be happy, little one. You deserve it.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

Well, I have to admit I didn't see this coming. Both a horrible thing and a good thing I suppose. I haven't personally talked to you too much, but generally when I have it was a pleasant conversation, and nobody can deny you have done a lot for the site, making it a better experience in my opinion for everyone. It's sad to see you go, but if you feel its right then it probably is, and it's a good thing that you're able to recognise that. Best of luck to you for the future, Misty!

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Posting this on behalf of someone who kindly asked me to:

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Dang... I'm truthfully at a loss for words... This is really sudden. I feel a mix of sadness and happiness. Sadness because you're leaving, and happiness because you have an idea of where you're going in life.

I know we never talked too much if at all, but you've always been super great in my eyes. Something of a big sister figure on this site, I suppose. It's been 4 years since I joined and you've been here for everything. All the stuff with me getting picked on and stuff, I admit I took it way too seriously at times but regardless, you helped me and in the end it made me better. It showed me that for every person being rude and mean, there's two that aren't, so thanks very much for that.

Seeing this in the "What's New?" was super unexpected. But I'm glad you have come to terms with what you want to do, and I'm glad you've figured out where you are in life.

image.png

I wish you good luck, Miss Misty. I'll miss seeing you around. And if you ever come back, I'll miss seeing you blue.

All in good time.

-Best Wishes, Hector

7. Explode Who?!

Thanks for being a big support to me and everyone on staff. Being an adult is hard, and you were balancing a lot of online responsibilities along with it. Totally understand. To be over-dramatic but also sincere, you've done a good service to the site.

I look forward to seeing you around. Maybe we'll discuss trivial things that don't matter in the grand scheme again, someday.

Cheers!

8. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Kudos for all the work you have done throughout the years, and thank you for helping create the community we've all grown to love. Good luck in whatever you do in life, I am sure it will work out. Especially since you are easily one of the most committed people on here.

My apologies for all of my BS over the years, thanks again for everything.

9. 61 No. B

I wish you the best, Misty. We don't agree on everything and we're strikingly dissimilar politically, but I have a deep admiration and respect for you and the way you approach your life. I never intended on telling you this, it's the type of thing that rings of finality, but reading about how influential this site has been for you, it only feels appropriate to return the gratitude. I've been distancing (unintentionally/intentional) myself from this place recently. I don't need it anymore. KHV has been an invaluable occupier of my time as I transition from one place in my life to another, and only after these years since I've been active do I realize that. The conversations we've had about whatever have been some of my favorite times here. Thank You.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Oh I still think I'll be around in some way here for the rest of forever. You'll always be KHV's grandma, Mish, but maybe now I can be an aunt or something.
    The pink is going to take adjusting! Or maybe I'll start another movement to change the Premium color. Just kidding, maybe. I'm fairly certain I have you on Skype.
    Thanks Amaury, keep on bein' KHV's cheerleader.
    Ahhh Lexi you are one person I definitely forgot to specifically list in my post. We didn't talk a ton one on one but we have been like... in close proximity to each other for so many years that you've just kind of become embroiled into my every day life on KHV. I'll definitely miss your Megaman rants in the staff chat, and I hope you get your MAME cabinet one day.
    Thanks Roxam! You've single-handedly given me a positive association with Jar Jar Binks which I never thought could happen. You've been fantastic to work with.
    I waited specifically for you to log out.

It's been a trip Alex! It still is. Come down to NYC next weekend, Perfect Pussy is playing a concert at a car wash and I am so ****ing there. I'mma definitely keep sending music yr way.
    Thanks a bundle tale, I know I wasn't really present for most of your time on staff but it's still been fun working with you. I'm glad I've inserted myself into your Pokemon conceptions.
    xoxoxo
    Like I said, a kidney might be up for grabs!
    I've definitely thrown my share of BS at you too Luxord, I'm really happy we're in a good place these days.
    Thanks below, I really admire how convicted you are about everything you love and I'm so happy to see you meeting new people and branching out in college now. Keep dropping life updates in the community thread, I want to keep up with them.

To everyone else: thanks a lot! Just because I didn't reply to you doesn't mean I don't love you <3

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I can't believe I didn't notice any of this for four days! I feel terrible. ;_;

I'm terrible with writing heart-filled messages. So bye, Misty. You stay classy.

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

SLAMS FISTS ON THE TABLE AND THEN BASHES HEAD ON IT

Misty, I can't believe you're not Admin anymore. I remember when you first got added to the staff, and how excited you were. I remember watching you move up through the ranks, and it seemed so natural when you were suddenly Blue. How many years has it been? I can't remember. It seems like time on this site is a big blur to me. I guess that's what happens when you've been here for nearly ten years.

Sometimes I think of stuff that's happened on here, and it seems like it happened yesterday. Sometimes I forget that people like Wolfie or CtR aren't around anymore, or that events that used to happen (like the Death Note Game, anyone remember that?) stopped years ago instead of just this past summer.

I guess the point is, you and KHV are something that go hand in hand to me. I'm used to logging on and seeing certain people. I can always depend on people like you, or Plumsy, or Cat, to be around, and it provides a sense of stability to me. 'Stable' is not a luxury I've always had these past ten years, but KHV has always been a big ol' rock in my life. I can always depend on it, and you guys, being there. Even if it's been a while since I've last logged on.

I know we don't talk that much, but Misty, thanks for always being around. I've always considered us some kind of friends. I know you're not actually leaving as in going away, but it still makes me sad that this era of the site is over.

13. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

To be honest, I don't really even know where to begin. Wow. I'm not going to lie, I haven't been extremely active as of late and, even when I do log on, I rarely check new stuff. It came as a big surprise to me when Amaury told me to check the Departure Hall for "something significant." Out of all the things floating around my head, seeing your name listed as the creator of the thread wasn't one of them. Seeing your name anything but that bright blue we've all come to love wasn't even a possibility. I had noticed a decrease in activity but I can't say much about not being active. This ... made my head spin, so to speak.

We may not know each other all that well but ever since I joined the site, five whole years ago, you were always there. If anyone asked me to name one person, one user who stood out the most, I'd say, "Well, Misty, of course." It didn't matter what I was viewing, be it forums or projects the site has worked on, you were always there. Okay, maybe not in everything but for the most part. So it's a bit of a shock to see this sudden change. It's like living in water your whole life and then one day realizing you can breathe air. As you walk further onto land, the river starts disappearing. You know that everything isn't going to just up and end because you're still breathing but at the same time ... you know that things are going to be ... different. I'm not saying it'll be different in a bad way. To the best of my knowledge, you've been a mentor to most, if not all, of the current staff and they you. It'll just be a weird adjustment knowing that ... I don't really know how to explain it.

I don't know if you know it or not but you've actually been a role model for me, and others I'm sure. I've looked up to you for quite some time. I might not have seen eye to eye with you, and other staff members, at times but I still respected you. You're the reason why I think twice about what I say. You're the reason why I don't lash out anymore over things that are, for lack of a better word, dumb. You're the reason why I got into web-design. All the amazing things you, and of course the others, have done on this site ... I saw that and wanted to be able to do that too. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't be who I am today. If it wasn't for you, this site probably wouldn't be what it is. You helped make me who I am and I'll never forget that.

I know this isn't goodbye but it still feels like it. I'm a little teary eyed while writing this. I understand where you're coming from though. I've recently been going through a lot of stuff and had to step down from a big position I'd taken because I couldn't find a good balance anymore. I'm happy that you're taking the first step in moving on with your life and moving on to be a better you. It's not easy going through college while balancing a job (not to mention the fact it's a managerial position) and a relationship. I'd like to personally wish you the best in everything you do. So, good luck. Show 'em who's boss!

Also, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done, not only for the site but for all of us. Thank you for being the wonderful "twelve-year old" who's been more than a little wise beyond her years. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Nights

14. Hayabusa Venomous

Well hot damn.

I was literally about to post a thread about how I was confused on what was going on with the podcasts and how I was barely seeing Misty post anymore but now I feel dumb for skipping this area. Mainly because, well, I'm very much not one for saying goodbye. I very often just walk out of my classes on the last day without any hoopla.

And of course, of course, Misty, you had to use THAT SONG'S LYRICS.

I won't make this too lengthy. You've made it clear that you don't have much time, or engagement, for this place any longer. I know the feeling, having dipped out I think twice now. I'll probably leave for good someday in the next few years.

But Misty, you've been a great person to talk to, to have a forum run by, to discuss whatever interests we've shared like music and Mass Effect and all the like. It hasn't been without disagreements, but you did a lot to make this place one I kept returning to.

Hit me up on Facebook and Skype whenever you'd like. You know my name and email.

15. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

This is a really common place for me. I've been through forums since 2003, and since then most foruns I've been died out, the ones I had the longest run were a Saint Seiya forum and a Bleach forum, I'll most times idly stick with them as the forum dies by itself, today a old timer from the bleach forum that I go since 2007 finally "gave up" on it, today that forum that I cherished for such long time has 3 active users, not even its creator goes there and I don't know how long it will last. Sometimes I even try to keep in touch with those members at other locals , but the change of atmosphere makes it difficult.
    I can relate to the feeling, and even though today I am prepared to move on, it always come as a surprise when it finally happens. Wish best of luck!

16. Johnny Bravo Chaser

While I may not post on here all the time and sometimes just kinda lurk around, Misty was a recognizeable name. I hope you have good luck in life and everything you do! You were always super cool although we didnt talk a whole lot. This place is like a strange addiction, you will be back at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.