Has it really been that long?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Odamadillo, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I just went over Fennie's thread and realised how long ago this all began for me. I joined here 30 days after I turned 17 and I still pop on here now and then. I have made several friends here over the years. Some have left, Some are less active like @Ienzo , Some just can't live without this place @Lucaim Nav . There has been my lyrical "rivals" like @Nights☆ and @nasirrich . And my old dueling pals from the playground section like @Jaden Yuki .

I had a net family here but sadly I don't talk to them as much anymore. And to be honest I kinda miss how simple things used to be here. But that is the past so I'll just enjoy the now as an old man with the heart of a preteen just like my pal @Lucaim Nav!

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

After five years and many, many, many ups and downs, this place still feels like home. This place has taught me so much, given me so much. Between the friends I've made, the lessons I've learned, and getting to watch the passage of time within a community ... there's just something about this place I can't let go of. I've slowly been losing a grip on the concept of time, everything seems to blur, but this place is still so crystal clear.

From joining, my starting posts, making new friends, watching the site change from style to style and eventually from vBulletin to XenForo, making more friends, more posts, more styles ... it just didn't stop. I've said it before but I'll say it again; if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't have learned the things I did, not the way I did. I wouldn't have made these irreplaceable friends. Half the stuff I do for fun spawned from one decision to join this strange thing called a 'forum'.

To be honest, I really owe it to @Destiny's Force and his fanfics. I don't know if I ever actually told anyone that. Destiny's writing was what actually encouraged me to join the site. I was so interested his work that I wanted to be able to say something about it. So I joined. Hard to believe that five years ago I was just a kid on a couch who had just fallen in love with a game series.

Honestly, if I could go back and have it to do all over ... I wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad I joined this site five years ago. I'm glad I met you and all my friends on here. Ha, I'm even glad for all the times I caused a little chaos. There's a few lessons I wouldn't have learned if I didn't. It's just so nostalgic looking back now. I was just some dumb kid with a laptop and new interest. Now, I'm some dumb adult with a lot of skills and a lot more interests. If I had never made that google search that fateful night, I can't imagine who I'd be today.

So, I'd like to personally thank you and this entire community for helping to shape me into who I am today. I'm really proud to say I'm a khvidian.

Thank you, everyone,
    -Nights

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Hello yes I am the Fennie.

4. Labrys King's Apprentice

It really has been this long. Sad to say, things never stay the same. And eventually it'll die out. I kinda feel today's one of those things.

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Blank post is blank.