Harry Potter Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Marluxia55, May 30, 2007.

?

Did The Last Book Of Harry Potter Satisfy you or not ?

1. Yes it did

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Maybe

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. havent read it

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Mish smiley day!

-moves to book section-

I probably won't read the last book, but if I ever do, it'll probably take me about a year. 8D

...still haven't finished the first one.

2. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

One Day!!!

3. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    One day is the shortest I can choose!?!!?!?!?!?! You people are apparently slow at reading! It will take me only a couple hours!!!!!!!

4. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

Some of us are busy. and i've got an annoying cat who wants my attention 24/7.

5. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

It'll take me a day, but since I don't wanna rush it I'm gonna read 1 or 2 chapters a day to keep me excited. It's worth it to pace yourself than read it all in one shot.

6. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

like pedro's mustache, a couple of days

7. SplitOverload Chaser

Probably 4-5 days. If reading when eating, and when going to the bathroom, and when taking a shower, and in the car if I'm going anywhere, and in the part while everyone's playing....2 days XDDD

8. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    The Official Harry Potter Book 7 discussion thread.

I decided to make it in advance: This is a thread dedicated to the discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

So what's your thoughts on one of the most speculated series' in history?

9. Rosey Chaser

Voldemort will die. 100% WELL WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT!?!??!

Luna will die. 65%. She has no real use anymore. So it wouldnt be that bad if J.K Just killed her off.

Over half the Weaslys will die. 90%. They are all in the order, (but Persy but Persy is an idiot anyways) so Its almost guarented some of them will die.

Malfoy will die (NUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZ) 90% Hes on the run from the dead Eaters, and they almost always die. So he will die, no matter how much we love him.

Hagrid will die. 75% See Luna.

Rumus will die. (Again, NUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZ) 85%. See Luna. He has a higher percent because he's in the order.

Snape will die. 75% He is playing both sides, he will probably die, most likly saving Harry.

Harry and Ginny will live happly ever after. 100% Like, DUH!

Hermione and Ron will live happly ever after. 100% See Harry/Ginny

There ya have it people.

My guess.

10. SplitOverload Chaser

Well I can't wait. I got the whole day free when it comes out, so I'll read mostly throughout the day. Maybe I'll say a few theories I have. *SPOILERZ START*
    [[

Well I was thinking whether Snape is a villian or an ally. But now I'm thinking he's an ally. I mean, Dumbledore trusts him, and when was the last time Dumbledore wasn't right. Maybe Albus' death was all planned after the unbreakable vow. Snape probably told Albus about it, and Dumbledore simply agreed to do just that. As he leaves, he's still a triple spy here. Supposed to be for the Wizards, he goes to be Voldy's spy, but in truth he's been spying for Hogwarts the whole time. My guess isn't backed out by facts much, but as I was thinking of the two who should die...it just came up =\

11. Rosey Chaser

SPOLIER!!!!! Maybe.

Snape made two unbrakeable vows. One was to Dumbedore. The other to Ms.Malfoy. Dumbldores was to be loyal to the order, the other to protect malfoy.

But how the hell did he keep both?

There is one very important clue in the fifth book. Snape is a master at shielding his mind, the best in the world. My guess is he is an Ally, keeping secrets from dumbdore and the order. He will most likely die saving Harry because he owes his life to Harry. Same with Peter Petigruie (sp.)

12. SplitOverload Chaser

I said Spoiler starts >___>

Yes. I forgot to mention that. He has really good Leglimancy skills. Which can help even from Voldemort from reading his mind.

13. Rosey Chaser

Well maybe I just like saying Spoilers. >3

Exactly. And all of the real clues are in the debts. Snape has a life debt to Harry, Peter to Harry, Snape has two Unbrakeable Vows, both with different sides.

Snape is essencailly screwed.

14. lookaheartless Twilight Town Denizen

I'm not quite sure myself >.>
    I personally have been contemplating whether Snape was an enemy or ally.

15. Rosey Chaser

I still think hes an ally.

1. Dumbldore trusted him. Dumbdore in litterally all of the books has been wrong once.

2. He helped Harry. Even though hes been uterally mean to him, you can always see him making sure hes okay, etc.

3. 5th Book- He alerted the order (Department of Mysteries)

4. Snapes just cool like that.

5. Im sure there was a reason he killed Dumbldore. I do believe he and dumbldore had been planning for it, because he didnt die right away from the unbrakeable vow (Order protection). So he must have been killed for an important reason, because killing Dumbldore spontaniously would mean betraying the order.

6. Hes in a life debt to Harry

My reasons, and Im sticking to em!

16. lookaheartless Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, I suppose I can see your point. I mean, I completely understand your reasons, and they're very good. I dunno, there's just something in my mind that keeps me iffy about him.

17. SplitOverload Chaser

Where did he make the unbreakable vow to Dumbledore actually? I don't see where...

18. ラクシーヌ Banned

You might want to leave now, the book has already been leaked, and spoilers can easilly be found when on the internet, even when you are not looking for them.

19. Bellatrix Moogle Assistant

um, i'm almost positive harry will die. same with voldemort. i'm praying hermione and ron make it, though. bellatrix lestrange will certainly share voldemort's fate, i think.

20. SplitOverload Chaser

Actually many people are denying that, so right now we don't know who to believe.