Harry Potter Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Marluxia55, May 30, 2007.

?

Did The Last Book Of Harry Potter Satisfy you or not ?

1. Yes it did

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Maybe

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. havent read it

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

Harry Potter 4

Okay about Harry Potter books. I think the books are great, but there is something bothering me.
    Peter Pettigrew killed Cedric!!! I know that Voldemort said for him to kill Cedric, but still everybody says that Voldemort killed Cedric. In one web page it said that Peter didn't kill anyone!!! He did kill someone!!!!
    Thats all I have to say...
    :stupid:

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Your in for a rude awakening once you read the other books if your surprised by that.

3. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

daxma i have read all of the books

4. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

... Where did you read that Pettigrew didn't kill anyone? He already killed twelve Muggles in book three, when he ran away from Sirius in the flashback thing...

5. Doukuro Chaser

People are...weird. He killed pently of people

6. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

Don't remember where I read it, but one place said in characters that he didn't kill anyone...

7. Roxes'ssweetheart Moogle Assistant

With my cousin, Axel, and my brother, Reno
    At first, I hated Snape, but after reading the last book, he is now one of my faves. All the same, I think Harry shouldn't have ended up with Ginny. She's an okay character, I guess, but I find her a bit bit**y. Still, I did cheer when she and Harry got together in book 6. Draco should have died while betraying Voldy to Harry, 'cause he was gonna do that before Snape stopped him by walking in. And now, I have to wonder, is James really Harry's real dad, or is it Snape? That question has haunted me (not kidding) since I read the part where we learn about how Snape was in love with Lily.

8. Roxes'ssweetheart Moogle Assistant

With my cousin, Axel, and my brother, Reno
    Amen to that! It would have been sooo funny to see her get beaten, but only a little bit. All the same, I cried soo much when Dobby died, like almost as much as I cried when Dumbldor (can't spell) died!

9. Haseo Knight of Light

The only thing that disappointing, other than the deaths of some of my favorite characters, was the way Moldybutt, I mean, Voldemort was killed. I don't even understand how it reflected. I don't think a wand could control a spell once it's been cast.

P-prequel?

10. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

I totally cried at that part.
    It took them 7 books, but Ron and Hermione hook up.
    Finally.

11. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I think that the 6th and 7th books were J.K.'s best work.
    The 7th book is actually being made into two movies and by my calculations the first of the two for the seventh book will end after harries wand breaks so for the people who haven't read the books and only watch the movies will be left seriously hanging because all that really happens up to that point is down hill almost all the way especially since Ron leaves.

12. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

*sigh* I cried when I read the 7th book, hope they don't wreck it when they make the movie.

No offence to anyone but the 3rd movie was a real disappointment to me -_-'

13. S m i l e s <3 Destiny Islands Resident

I was sad too, but not to that extent.
    Also did anyone notice that Dobby broke his promise?
    Harry made him promise he'd never try to save his life again
    (Chamber of Secrets)
    He broke the promise :'(

Well sadly, I know they will definitely murder the next few movies.
    It stinks that you read an awesome book to be disapointed by the film.
    When i went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,
    my friends were like HELLZ YEA this rocks! I wanted to break the movie theater screen.
    What they should do is film the ENTIRE BOOK, every little detail, even if its 5 hours.
    THEN they should edit things out, for the movie theaters, and on the DVD put the bonus footage.
    that would make me S M I L E hehe

haha me too. I wanted their to be some intense head on battle. but i guess ive seen to much dragonball z.:fight:
    Well that's good that there are two parts cause I always find that they leave so much out of the movies.:sideways:

14. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

New Harry Potter (English) covers

And hey they are pretty bad! XD No not really, i think they are just ..., well they are different. They remind me a bit of the FF box art XD I like though the Deathly Hallows and POA covers, they seem quite good, at least to my eyes. New covers

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I kind of think they make them seem a bit too childish. I mean, I know they're kids books. But they were meant to grow with the readers. These covers seem way too simple, and possibly won't appeal so much to older kids or adults.

16. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wow, its official, Mary GrandPre still has the best Harry Potter covers in my opinion, i mean i know what the artist is trying to get at, but it is too simplistic and it just loses the magic feeling they had.

17. P Banned

Looks like it's trying to package itself as fairy tales.

18. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

They've hardly got atmosphere... except maybe Prisoner of Azkaban.
    It took me forever to realise Order of the Phoenix has the prophecy on front, the image just doesn't recall the book for me.

19. Misty gimme kiss

Wow, those are pretty awful. Mary GrandPré did such a wonderful job on the American covers, and the British ones are equally as good (especially the Deathly Hallows one, my god). Having these replace them just feels wrong. They say they want to appeal to the children who haven't grown up with Harry, but these just make the books seem so bland and ordinary. In a world where the amount of children interested in reading is diminishing and children judge books by their covers all too often, I feel as though it will hurt the continuing success of Harry Potter.

But whatever, they're just book covers, haha. And at least the American ones are still fab.

20. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I don't like them D:

Though you know, they will sell well simply because of the fact that even if you haven't grown up with the books, people will know what it is and what its about and so they will still be drawn in just by seeing Harry Potter. Plus you have the people that like to collect the different versions of covers etc.