Harry Potter: and the Order of the Pheonix (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by kitty_mckechnie, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Ok here you can talk you the film in a bit more detail so people who haven't seen it yet shouldn't get any spoilers.

What did you like about the film & what do you think was bad about it?

2. Pure Beats~ Chaser

This movie was awesome!!! I can't really pick out the good and bad cause I haven't read the book...so..yeah, but it was an awesome movie.

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Yeah the movie was awesome, i'm definitely goin' to go see it again. The only thing that kinda annoyed me was that you could tell that there were sences missing from it.

4. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

I want to see it really bad, but I've heard something about a Dan/whoever's playing Cho make-out scene that just ruins everything...

5. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

I just got home from seeing it with my friends, and it was amazing!! It stayed really, really close to the book (which is more than I can say for Alejandro "Plot Killer" Cuaron) Umbridge was fantastic, the Weasley twins were absolutely spiffing, AS WAS MY RUPERT, but three things I didn't like:
    1. All the landscape scenes
    2. All the newspaper things. (Don't get me wrong, they were cool. But there were way too many of them.)
    And 3. WHERE WAS TOM FELTON???!!! Holy crap...he was so cute...but he was barely in it. :cryinganime:

6. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I hated the movie, book is way better.

Sirius' death scene was way to quick. That really made me mad. And key plot details where taken out aswell. Special effects where the only good thing that I could say about it. But I can say that the actess' that played Luna and Umbridge did quite a good job.

7. Roxas-the-Dual wielder Moogle Assistant

the film was good, they kinda chopped it up alot though.
    the worst part of it was the two people that commented
    through the whole film that sat behind me they would laugh
    at things that weren't funny and said things like
    "WOO-HOO GO JENNY"
    really ticked me off -_-'

8. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

The film was good, it was short though, the ads made it longer but it looked like a 60 minute movie even if you knew it was about 2 Hours, it was kinda quick just jumping through the movie like at one point you were at a classroom and then 5 seconds later it changes to the Great Hall, I liked the battle at the end but I wanted to see the Sirius vs Bellatrix and Sirius vs Snape fights, I liked it when Voldy was standing outside the train and Harry looked at him but it was just a dream and if you were looking carefully you notice Voldemort turning his head sideways and Harry does it to forshadow that he would be taken over by Voldemort, and there were also hints of Harry and Ginny being together if you looked at Ginny watching him, Luna, Umbridge and Bellatrix were being acted brilliantly and I didn't like Tonks, she's much more enjoyable in the book and there was this spell called Levicorpus that wasn't supposed to be mentioned until in Book 6 but other than that it was great, also there was no need for Kreature even though J.K told them to keep him in he was completly usless in the movie.

9. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

It was too compacted for me. They could have made it and hour longer and I wouldn't have minded watching it. But I think they choose really good actors for this, the people who played Lestrange and Luna did an amazing job doing so. I thought they portrayed them perfectly...or atleast how I imagined them. But the fact they had so many decrees pissed me off, it went up to like 119 and in the book I think the highest I saw was 29...that kinda pissed me off.

10. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Great movie, but I hardly consider it the same as the book.

They left out a lot of key details; and no Quidditch? That was a pretty important part of the plot.

The Department of Mysteries disappointed me. They just go through one door and have no trouble and are automaticlly in the Hall of Prophecy? What happened to the spinney doors? :bored:

The part with Harry being possesed by voldemort was well done though.

They were too short with the Occlumency.

Oh, and Umbridge and luna did wonderful. It was funny, though not in the book, when luna was hanging out with the thestrals, and it was also funny when Umbridge was being taken away bythe centuars and she was like "TELL THEM I MEAN NO HARM!" and Harry's like "Sorry Proffesor, I must not tell lies"

11. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

1. Quidditch isn't important except for Weasley is our King but no one cares about that.
    2. The revolving doors weren't in it, oh well, that wasn't important either.
    3. Yeah that was pretty cool
    4. Well most of the film was a rush but it wasn't as bad a GOF.
    5. Yeah they were great.

The reason the movie was short was because David Yates said that the other movies were too long, now making the longest book into the Shortest movie was kinda stupid and POA is 141 minutes, OOTP is 138 Minutes so it's a 3 minute diffrence but POA is shorter w/o the credits which were 10 minutes long, and if David Yates wants to make the movies shorter and funnier we are expecting HBP to be shorter than OOTP, or they could make the shortest book into the longer movie making it longer than POA but shorter than the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.