Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Misty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

"I have a plan, but it's... mad!" So yeah, that was actually supposed to be pulled out of their ass. xD

I do agree that most of the deaths were handled fairly "PG rated", excluding Snape's. I didn't mind Neville's bridge adventure, but was a bit stumped as to why no one ran to his rescue when he was falling. They were just kind of standing there going "Oh dear! I sure hope he's ok!"

I was disappointed that they didn't actually show Fred's death and Percy's "redemption". Otherwise, Lupin and Tonks' death was pretty much what it was like in the book. Same with Lavender (it's still unclear whether she was killed or left a werewolf).

I actually really liked how they showed us Ron and Hermione's scene in the Chamber of Secrets. In the book, Ron and Hermione just appear with an armful of basilisk fangs. "Oh hi, Harry. We went to the Chamber of the Secrets. lololol." But I'm pretty sure Ron's Parseltongue was off. o.O I really thought that Harry said something along the lines of "hesh hasah" to open the Chamber, so I have no idea why Ron thought whatever he said was going to open it.

And Draco just followed Harry into the Room of Requirement, trying to thwart whatever he was up to. And the convenient broomsticks? Product of the Room of Requirement, no doubt. ;D

I found the "wands connecting" ( :lolface: ) thing repetitive and annoying as well, to be honest.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I was satisfied with the movie. I wouldn't say it's my favourite Harry Potter movie, but still quite good in my opinion.

EDIT: Nevermind, watched it again and have concluded that I love it to pieces. <3

2. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I didn't want to make a new thread just to ask this question, so I thought it'd be okay if I asked it here. Why is it that Hermione never got in trouble for doing under-aged magic outside of school???

But my thoughts on the seventh and eighth movies? They were both wonderful. I was disappointed in the movies from the 3rd to the 6th. But the seventh was wonderful (acting especially) and the eighth... I just can't put it into words. As with many other people, Harry Potter was what I grew up with. From 1999 to 2011. What a great span of my life. The Deathly Hallows finished the saga with so much passion. :') I couldn't have asked for it any other way.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

She was of age in Half-blood Prince, as was Ron (well, later on in the story). You are considered of age in the wizarding world at the age of seventeen. However, Harry was underage during the beginning of Deathly Hallows part one, but he still did magic in the opening fight. The reason he didn't get in trouble is because the Ministry of Magic didn't want to go public with Voldemort being back.

4. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Because she WASN'T under-aged. Harry turns 17 near the beginning of Deathly Hallows, while Hermione does sometime in Half-Blood Prince.

5. Misty gimme kiss

Do you mean in Deathly Hallows?
    Because by then she is 17 and allowed to. In the other movies, when they do magic at like the Burrow and stuff... well that's just a fault on their part, lol.

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, I mean like when she fixed Harry's glasses on the train when they were eleven and in Diagon Alley when they were twelve. I just thought it was weird that she was allowed to do it, but Harry got his butt busted for protecting his cousin.

7. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

Time-Turner. Only way to patch these plot holes :)

Anyways, I arrived at the movies four hours before the very last movie. Longest four hours of my life, I might add. I wore the closest Gryffindor student outfit I could possibly wear, and I wore a lion's hat, though it wasn't that close to Luna's. Anyway, when the lights finally dimmed, everyone was dead silent. The Warner Bros. Logo popped out and it finally hit: My childhood is actually ending. I felt like crying manly tears bro. I couldn't stop shaking the whole night.

The movie was absolutely great! I couldn't ask for anything more. Sure, there were parts left out or altered, but it's no big deal.
    Though I have to say Voldemort's death scene should have been faithful to the book. It was epic the way it was. Well, Hollywood flair took over, but again, it's no biggy, I suppose.

I actually visited the same movie place when I went to watch Captain America with my friends. Harry Potter was still selling like hot cakes. For that, I'm proud that have been a part of a generation.

MANLY TEARS BRO...MANLY TEARS T_T

EDIT: Fun Fact: I was 7 when the movie series began, and now 17 when the movie series ended. :3

8. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

I loved the book really I did... But the movie? The first part was amazing, heartfelt and exciting! The second part was not what I expected it to be. I didn't cry like everyone said I would... I got teary and kinda sad but lets face it, they made Dobbies death more dramatic. I loved the dragon and the cool graphics but I guess I expected more since I read the book. The first part of the movie followed the book so well that I wanted the second part to follow it even better.

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I actually went to see this. Now, I haven't watched any Harry Potter movie after the 4th one so my sister filled me in and luckily I understood it. I thought it was really interesting and the fights were rivetting, I was quite sad and shocked at certain points which showed that it had good enough acting to get me emotionally attached. I cannot really compare it to the book as I haven't read it so I don't know how much they missed out or what but my sister came out quite satisfied with the film as a whole but annoyed at one part.
    When Voldemort dies he disintergrates into thousands of pieces, obviously to make the 3D effect even better but if he's mortal then shouldn't he have a corpse?
    That was he main critism though xD.

I also found it amusing how they made old Ron fat and Harry's poor son was given a rather long and abnormal (for muggles) name O.o

10. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I went to see this at the start of the week. I was INCREDILY happy with it. I think it's probably the bst of the films out there ... I mean, the ending was holywooded up a bit but they had to as the book ending wouldn't have worked in film.

I didn;t actually cry ... although I did feel emotional ... I cried all of my tears when I read the book. ANd I'm in the same boat as Sorax.

11. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

The movie was awesome during the final battle I was at the edge of my seat the whole time

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

But I do think they could have
    had Harry at least fix his broken wand. I mean, yeah we can assume he just kept Draco's and/or got a new one, but the book and the film emphasized the Wizard-Wand relationship quite a bit. I guess I'm just bitter, but that would have felt like a more appropriate conclusion, followed by yeah breaking the Elder Wand.