Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Misty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

I loved it. It was so intense and well done, I'm glad that it was split into two parts but I now await July anxiously. True there are more details in the books [which I want. .to re-read again. So bad 8I ] but it went pretty well I'd say.

2. P Banned

No real complaints about the acting, although I must say, I found I preferred side characters to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

It managed to fill the quota of lead-actor-takes-off-his-shirt in the first five minutes.

A hangover from the book: How the main trio acted bugs me. They went to Godric's Hollow without any real motivation, they wore the locket instead of dumping it in the bag of holding, Harry went swimming with a cursed locket around his neck, etc.

I disliked how the movie continued to use the 'object jumps at the screen' trick. It gets dull, as you can see them coming from a mile away, and it ruins the scene as you're left wondering when it will happen.

The tale of the three brothers was superbly handled in terms of animation.

3. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

I saw it a couple of days ago, and I thought it was ok. Definitely better than the previous ones.
    I mainly liked it because of the increase of action I guess. The plot didn't really make sense to me at some times but overall I was able to understand it.
    As previously stated, the Three Brothers story was awesome and beautifully made.

I haven't read the books and I kept wondering what that mirrorshard thingey was, anyone care to explain?

4. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

the only problem with the hedwig scene was that it didt stick to the book aswell

5. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

The Godric's Hollow thing came about because Dumbledore (who sent Harry on the quest to begin with) and Bathilda Bagshot (who knew Dumbledore personally and therefore might have an idea of what he wanted them to do) both lived there, and they hadn't any other leads to go on.

As for the locket... I was slightly more worried as to why Harry's idea on how to get the sword was to strip his clothes off and jump in... in the freezing cold of winter. >=\ But then again, Harry's more known for a smart mouth than smart actions.

When you remember it was gonna be in 3D, it kinda makes sense. Also, the jumping thing only really happened once, with Nagini, and by god did everybody suddenly fly out of their seat. The girl behind me screamed.

6. P Banned

Which moment with Nagini? The one right at the start?

3D movies irritate me. Monoscopic vision FTL.

7. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Actually, it's the bit where she attacks them in Bathilda's house in Godric's Hollow, and Hermione knocks her down the stairs, and there's this very painful wait because you know she's gonna pop up again but when is sh- OH HOLY SH**-

8. Misty gimme kiss

It gains more significance in part 2, but to explain without giving much away, the mirror was something that Sirius gave Harry before he died (iirc), saying he could use it to communicate with Sirius whenever he wanted. Of course, Sirius died before Harry could, but Harry still held onto it. Harry thinks he's seeing Dumbledore in it.

If you don't mind spoilers though
    it's Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth.

9. P Banned

Oh, that one. I felt the same thing, sans the "OH HOLY SH—" because I knew it was coming.

10. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

who's your favorite ch character in harry potter & the deathly hallows!

hey guys, ok for those of you who's seen harry potter & the deathly hallows which character is you most favorite?

mine is jenny weezly, lord voldemort, and harry.^ ^

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

*cringes*

You mean Ginny Weasley? 'Cuz I don't know any Jennys or Weezlys in Harry Potter... >>;

12. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

It was pretty good, until they had to destroy the horcrux, gosh that was weird how the thing made the imagedry to try to get Ron to not destroy it, they were like heavily making out which was just like, "ok...?" Nyeh, 6/10.....

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

That's exactly what happens in the book, though. It's meant ot be creepy and unsettling to see, and that's why it's effective ... just my opinion though.

I really enjoyed this film. I'd consider it the best out of the 7 so far, just purely because they had the time because they split it into to to add the little details into this one that they had to leave out in previous films due to lack of time in the screenplay. I hope they do the same justice to the second half as they did iwth this one.

14. Daxa~ #stalker

I liked the film....and was crying so much when Dobby died :(

But I dont like the way its been split into 2 parts,and Im not really sure how long part 2 will be,because theyve gone through over half the book already.

But still,its Harry Potter,so its all good xD

15. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    I saw it without reading the book, and I thought it was pretty good. Some parts were kind of confusing and stuff, but overall it was really actiony and interesting. The torture scene with Hermoine made me cringe and I look forward to part 2. I also liked the animation with the Three Brothers. It felt wispy and the lighting was nicely done.

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Oh geez

I saw the movie when it first came out in November? Anyway, I have to say it fit in really well with the book so far. There were a few scenes here or there that were skipped (such as Harry-Ginny makeout, Harry's B-day party, etc.) that could have been added, but it made no noticeable difference to the film. The animation of the Three Brothers scene was fantastic. :B It had a Tim Burton-ish feel to it, and really developed upon the original "Oh here, lemme read dis aloud" scene that was in the book.

However, I did want a bit more with the radio on the Hogwartz students and finding out that saying Voldemort = Death Eaters up your ass. But overall, Part One was really well done and I cannot wait to see Part two.

17. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

GUYS GUYS GUYS. GUUUYYYSSSS. The trailer for the second part was released!

(watch at your own risk if you haven't read the book)
    [video=youtube;hcf6cwr9TnY]hcf6cwr9TnY[/video]

I wtf'd out loud at 1:11. Seriously. That. Never. Happens. :B|:
    Otherwise it looks spectacular.

18. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I saw the sence with dead Fred and the sence with Tonk and Lupin and I started crying... It hurts so much knowing whats going to happen
    I wonder if Tonks and Lupin's deaths will be in the flim like alot if it and not just saying Oh they died

19. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I've been watching it for DAYS now. I'm happy I payed $24 for the Blu-Ray combo pack, which let me get it on my iPod as well. It is one of the funnest movies to watch. It actually got me to wanting to re-read through the book after the movie ended. It's the perfect set up for a finale that people are only dying to see.

Although, I have this feeling that in about five years, they are going to remake the movies with new actors for a new generation. It just feels like something that Hollywood is going to do. I dunno if I should trust this feeling because J.K. Rowling get's a little picky when it comes to the rights. I mean, she okayed the movie rights when they agreed to hire on British actors, so she may not allow them to do remakes. Still, it seems interesting to think about.

20. Patman Bof

In her interview with Oprah JK Rowling said she wouldn' t allow any movie remakes. Ever. Of course she could change her mind about that later, but she seemed rather adamant about this.
    [video=youtube;-Ep1wJjAm8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ep1wJjAm8Q[/video]
    [video=youtube;9Y8TJqBtV8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8TJqBtV8Y&NR=1[/video]
    [video=youtube;snQi8y23XTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snQi8y23XTs&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;YnQmXS5hmfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQmXS5hmfA&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;MX9KvdCW-QI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX9KvdCW-QI&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;_1_ALsQsKoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_ALsQsKoQ&feature=related[/video]