Hard to Understand Battle Cries

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Strange how you can't hear that in the game.

Anyway, I was wrong about Goofy being the only one. The wiki says Jack Sparrow's knocked out battle cry is "Oh, no..." but I'm not hearing it. I'd like to say, "Oh, well..." but I have a feeling it might be the same case as Goofy's, where what we hear isn't what it is.

Said at: 0:05

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Because there is a lot going on. Like you can't tell the lyrics to songs sometimes because of instruments. With KH you got action SFX and music. I think he is saying Oh, well. We will find out when 2.5 comes out because it doesn't have as compressed audio like PS2.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

But "Owwwwww!" and "Heeeeeelp!" are two different things, so I think it's also the way said character talks. For example, if you watched at 0:17 here, it definitely sounds like "Owwwwww!" doesn't it?

As for Kingdom Hearts 2.5, that would also hopefully clear up Goofy's knocked out battle cry as well. When is it being released in the US?

Also, a question for @iwantedtoexplode: Do you plan on getting the battle cries when Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is released in the US? Also, in regards to Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which is already in the US, think you could provide the community with the battle cries from it? :)

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I have some battle cries from 1.5. Sephiorths are very clear which I posted about here.http://kh-vids.net/threads/kingdom-...d-assets-in-pcsx2-a-discussion.140143/page-25. Comparing both. All files are encrypted and need to be decrypted with PS3 CFW.

5. Explode Who?!

No, I don't have any plans of getting other audio files. The reason I got the ones I did was because I was going through the game's ISO to extract 3D models/textures, in case I wanted to use them for future projects (which I've yet to do). I ran into the audio files and was able to get them fairly easily. I was using someone else's extraction software, so I don't know how to get it myself, and I don't have the time to troubleshoot.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, hopefully someone will, then. :)

7. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Donald is definitely saying help, i was only joking about that since, Donald is usually considered a character whose voice is hard to understand, but oddly enough his battle quote isn't as confusing as Goofy's, it's barely confusing at all. As for Captain Jack Sparrow, I'm pretty sure he said "Oh well" I guess the wiki got it wrong.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I made an account the other day and am going through things. They also had Sparrow's revived battle cry wrong. They had "You listening?" but it's actually, "You miss me?" I took care of that as well.

Hopefully, once 2.5 is released in the US, it'll be easier because the audio is not as compressed as it is on the PS2, as @Miles said.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I'll probably upload them sooner or later.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't suppose you have access to the battle cries in Japanese, do you? I'm interested in what the characters say, and my friend knows Japanese, but he can't really understand them in walkthrough videos because of the sound effects and other noises.

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I think so. I haven't looked. The game has all languages in text so I'm sure they have voices in other languages.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Didn't think of replying until now, but keep me updated. :)