Kingdom Hearts Halloween Town

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

When you first arrive at Halloween Town, its music is a bit different from what you hear later on after entering Guillotine Square.

What is this called and why is it different?

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

You mean this right?

It sounds like a reprise or reimagining of the theme they played forever after. No idea why it's not on any soundtrack. I suppose that is due to how it sounds just like the theme they stuck with.

3. Krowley Moderator

Not sure. But ther is an updated version of it in the 1.5 HD ReMix from what I find. I always just called it "Intro to HalloweenTown," though that's probably wrong. It was never officially included in any soundtrack either.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I actually liked the version that I linked moreso than what we were stuck with, to be honest.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's the one, yup. :)

6. A Zebra Chaser

As for why, it's meant to be a sort of theatrical intro. The idea is that the real song starts playing when Jack Skellington is introduced, as part of his perforamnce

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Well that makes a lot of sense, I suppose.

8. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, it's like a version without the chorus. Miles actually found the MIDI for it, I think it's included in the big zip on this page. If it's not I'll include it with the Final Mix tracks when I put them up. It wouldn't be hard to reconstruct the full track used there from the MIDI.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I think several of the worlds have introductions like this. Halloween Town's is just the longest and most intricate. So yes, it could've easily come from a prototype, but I don't think I would've preferred it for a walkaround theme unless it were significantly fleshed out. It probably just sounds better because it hasn't been heard for as long.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I always wondered about that theme, and why it wasn't even included in the OST. Eh, I preferred "This is Halloween" anyway.