Dream Drop Distance Guide: Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Iskandar, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So I'm looking to see if I should get the BradyGames guide for KH 3D, since I'm really close to buying the game, but would you guys say it'd be useful or not to get it? I just read on amazon's page some of the reviews, and it sounds like they pretty much royally screwed up this guide. It's got the bestiary and maps and stuff, but apparently they put all the stuff from the back in front, and they don't give a good listing of most stuff that you need, like where to get most item drops. I got the KHII guide, and it was pretty helpful with that stuff, especially the drops and where to get most items, but from the sound of it, this guide is only good to find chests on the maps.

What do you guys say? I'd kinda like a third party opinion on this (or 4th, if we're counting the amazon reviews as third-party)

2. A Zebra Chaser

I actually won the guide in a contest.
    Judging by the fact that you're on an online forum, I'm going to assume you have the internet, and as such can access a myriad of far superior guides
    Because yeah, it's a pretty mediocre guide. The most useful part is the maps they have showing where all the treasure chests are... but treasure chests are USELESS in DDD

3. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Probably not. I personally like figuring things out and if I want to find something I usually search it on the Internet. More importantly if the guide isn't complete then it probably isn't worth the money. That's my two cents.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Treasure chests useless in Kingdom Hearts? Who would have guessed. (No seriously, think back to most of the games, and someone tell me when a majority of the chests are useful. They were only useful when they had 1+ stat/ap stuff.)

Well, at least you got the guide for free. But the only reason I was thinking of getting it was because not everything online is what you need, and a lot of people end up making things incredibly difficult when they shouldn't be.......or they just can't clearly say stuff (like your's truly)

5. A Zebra Chaser

In previous games, treasure chests would have things like keyblades, summons, recipes, and synthesis ingredients. In DDD, even by the end of the game msot treasure chests are giving you regular potions
    Kind of the paradox of a GUIDE is that the most useful thing you can get from a treasure chest in DDD is recipes for Cream Eaters... but if you have a GUIDE you can make Dream Eaters without recipes so...

6. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Judging by how badly the KHII Brady games guide was(imo) I'd say use the internet. You'll have tons of different guides. Sometimes focusing on the entire game or specific things. And you can use CTRL + F on the internet unlike the guide.
    Also, if you want the treasure chest maps those are also on the internet. (I can link you to them if you want)

7. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I personally liked the Strat guide, the maps and treasures in DDD rnt useless. in fact some treasures r VERY useful considering they contain moves only leanred by a dream eater of very high lvl and grade to access them, IE curaga, Dark Aura, Dark firaga. I thought it was an alright guide for guides, but if your looking for how to obtain all the moves and the best team however, the guide doesnt provide that ;/ but other than that its pretty good :)

8. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Are you sure that Dark Aura and Dark Firaga are in chests? If so in which world? It would've been a lot less munny spent on water barrels to get those.

9. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

IIRC Dark Aura is in TWTNW in Rikus story. In the room with the walls that go in and out and you have to jump from level to level on the walls and find a secret chamber in there. Dark firaga is only from a dream eater, my mistake.

10. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I see. Thanks, just curious because I hadn't known that there were such decent moves in chests. Or at least one.

11. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Oh yeah theres lots of good moves in chests. u get a curaga also, and a few of the magic+physical attacks. its really cool how they did that :)

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Nobody on this forum should need a guide. You have access to a forum full of people who've played the game. Ask us if you're stuck!

I will be more than happy to help with boss strats, as we all know I am one of the best KH players on the boards-*brick'd*

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Like what Nova said, you don't need a guide. You have a whole community of KH fans who play the game. Just ask anyone who plays KH3D.

14. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

one of the best? lets challenge :P

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

Locked on request~

/20char

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.