Guardian's Saviors: Episode Auburn

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

A backstory of Auburn, a character in RWBY: Guardian's Saviors

"Get behind me. Stay back. When their is an opening take your brother and run. Listen to me Auburn, you have to be strong for me sweetie." Standing up Auburn's mother stood up and grabbed the knife of the kitchen table, standing near the entrance to the kitchen. In their small cottage the room that served as a nursery was off the kitchen, so if they could keep the grimm out of the kitchen then both the kids would be safe.

There was a cracking sound at the door and then a yell
    "It is breaking through, be ready Rach!" A man called from the front of the house ready to fend off the grimm for the sake of his family. There was a few sniffles heard from the small girl behind her mother who stood in the back of the kitchen, ready to run for her baby brother who was crying in the connected room. Suddenly there was a loud burst sound before a war cry as the grizzled middle aged man charged in to deal with the grimm that managed to breach through the walls of the town and was now attacking his family.

-------------------

Onyx had just arrived into the town. He had decided to explore before someone had yelled out. "Someone! Anyone!! Please help!!" The grizzled man looked over and ran to the person. "What's wrong?!" The person had appeared to be an old woman. She looked over to Onyx and immediately asked for is help. "Please help!! The grimm...It's the grimm!! They're attacking the town and they're currently attacking one of the families!! They need help!!" Onyx listened as the woman spoke. He then asked where the house in question was. The elderly woman pointed in the direction of the house. He thanked her and began making his way to the house. As he arrived, he saw numerous grimm running into the house. "That's not good!" He grabbed his sword and begun to cut down the grimm that was making their way into the house! "Don't worry guys! I'm on my way!!!" Slowly he made his way into the house while fending off the grimm.

------------------

The fight against the grimm was short lived. While Auburns father had a couple of small weapons in his house, he was not Huntsman, more a simple farmer. There was no screams that escaped his mouth though, but a grunt, then a thump as his body hit the ground and the Grimm prowled into home further, smelling the air before charging towards the kitchen. Rachel's kitchen knife was batted to the side with one swipe of the mighty claws, before the other claw slashed across her body. The woman screamed and looked over at her young daughter. "Run!" It barely escaped her mouth before the grimm slammed it's paw down on her mother, pushing the last bit of life out of her.

Auburn was terrified, she couldn't move really, she was numb.
    "Mom? Mommy! No!" Bending down she picked up the kitchen knife that had been pushed towards her when it was knocked from her mothers hand, standing over her mothers body looking up at the creature. "You will not hurt my mommy any more." She told the dark creature though her hands were shaking and she could barely hold her knife. She still was trying to defend her mother no matter what, even as blood stained her bare feet. The grimm was only toying with her though as it lifted a massive paw to take a swipe at the girl.

---------------------

Onyx got inside just in time as the grimm ha slain the man that was in the room. "Oh no..." He then sliced throught the grimm that had begun making their way into the kitchen. As he got to the kitchen, he saw a woman bleeding out on the floor and a small girl holding a kitchen knife against the grimm. It raised its paw, getting ready to strike but before it could, Onyx ran into the room.

He shot at the grimm and then cut through its body. He went over to the little girl and carefully took the kitchen knife out of her hands. "Are you alright? What happened here?!" He knelt down to her level and spoke calmly to her and tried to check for any injuries on her as he asked.

-------------------------

The man who came in to save her might have arrived slightly too late as the paw had managed to graze her on the side, though given her size the cuts were still deep. At first the girl didn't seem to notice though as she stared at the man, her baby brother still crying in the background. While Auburn might have been five at the time, her height suggested more of a three year old, at least until she spoke up and it became obvious she was a least slightly older than three. "They killed mommy and daddy. I-I tried to save them. Mom told me to run, but I couldn't leave her." She put her hand to her side as the knife was removed from it, but as she did she felt something warm, looking down at her side she realized it was bleeding and quite badly. Her eyes widened as she looked up at the man, clearly terrified.

-----------------------

Onyx looked over at the little girl's mother and father's bodies. He knelt down and check both of their pulses. He let out a sigh before looking over at the two children. He hugged the little girl as she was looking terrified. "Everything's going to be okay. I'll make sure I'll get you to safety. I promise." He patted her head before pulling away and saw another room where he heard the faint sound of an infant crying. He walked into the room and saw an infant crying their eyes out. He picked the baby up and spoke to the baby. "There's no need to be scared now. You're safe now. You're both safe now." He looked between the two and tried smiling to calm the girl and the baby down. Onyx stood up and looked around the house to make sure no other grimm were still lurking around. He went back to the children and reached his hand out. "Let's get you two out of here and to somewhere safe, alright?" He then looked at the girl and spoke. "And let's get some band-aids for you, okay?" He looked at the girl and smiled as he held the baby.

----------------------------
    The man had gone to get her younger brother and Auburn just stood there, staring at the blood on herself and on her mothers body in front of her. "No! can't go! Not without mommy and daddy! They need help too, someone needs to protect them until they wake up." The concept of death had not quite hit for Auburn, to her they were just hurt like she was. She saw blood on herself and on her parents, to her there was no difference. However even as the small girl argued she was getting noticeably pale, from the blood loss. While she didn't seem to be registering the pain all that much the wound was decently serious. Auburn just looked at her brother though in the mans arms. "Help him though." She told him while she stood her ground inside the house, she knew it wasn't necessarily safe and her baby brother needed to get out of there.

------------------

Onyx got down on one knee as he carried the girl's little brother. He tried to think about his next words carefully. After a few moments, he looked at the girl and spoke. "Don't worry! I'll send somebody right over to watch your mommy and daddy." He smiled and then continued. "Your mommy and daddy wants to make sure you two are okay. I promise somebody will be here to watch your mommy and daddy while I get you two some help." Onyx tried to reassure her while still trying to keep a smile on his face. "We need to to get you two out of here while I have someone come in here and watch your mommy and daddy, okay?"

--------------------

There was a small sniffle as tears started to run down Auburns face at last. "I- I don't want to leave them." She begged, however looking at her brother then down at her bleeding side there was only so much that she could argue here. She knew that she couldn't actually protect her parents much longer as she was feeling rather tired the more time that went by with her arguing. Finally she nodded and grabbed the mans hand with one of her hands and used the other to hold at her side. "I feel dizzy..." Auburn told him as she tried her best not to look at the blood as they walked by, Auburn did however kick the dead grimm as she passed out of spite for what he did to her family. As she did so though her side screamed in pain and she got really dizzy almost slipping out of Onyx's hands. Still she was doing her best to hold back tears, though Auburn wasn't doing a good job at it, she didn't sob or cry loudly, she just kept her mouth shut and gripped her side tighter, letting the tears flow a little more freely.

2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx gently took the girl's hand and led the two children out from their home. He made sure to watch out for any grimm that could be hiding. Their journey over to the town went peacefully. He led the the girl and the infant to the elderly woman he met when he had first arrived in town. "Oh dear!!" The man looked at both children before looking at the woman. "Please make sure these two get all the care they need. Especially her." He led the girl over to the woman. The old woman took the infant from Onyx's arms. He then knelt down and spoke to the girl. "This nice woman is going to make sure you're okay, alright? I'm going to head back to your house and bring back some help for your mommy and daddy okay? So be nice to this nice woman alright?" He stood off and then look at the elderly woman. "Alright. I'm heading out! Please take care of those two!!" He ran off along with some others that wanted to go with him back to the house, leaving the girl and her infant sibling.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

The man brought her into town, but Auburn just watched as the man got ready to leave again. She wasn't that fond of being left behind again just to be sitting there. She couldn't go after her or call for him not to leave her though as she nearly passed out on the woman, as she seemed to panic. "Get a doctor! Quickly." The woman called to the people around waiting with Auburn, unable to stop the bleeding until someone came to their aid. Soon both children were moved into the local hospital, the woman taking time to calm and care for the crying infant, while Auburn was taken in to have her wounds looked at. That didn't seem to be as easy as they thought though as Auburn looked out, terrified of the situation trying to back away a little bit but unable to do so as they started to clean the wounds, and for the first time, Auburn cried out, unable to handle things.

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx ran back over to the little girl's house. He signaled to the other huntsman with him to look around for anymore grimm. He went into the house to find anything else. He went into the kitchen and looked at the woman on the ground. He picked her up by the shoulders, trying to see if there was any pulse. Before he set her down, a weak voice came out of the woman. "A-auburn??" Onyx looked back at the woman before answering. "Shh. Just hang on. I'm going to get you help! You'll be fine!! Just stay with me alright?" Onyx had then called out for some help. As he did, the woman called out again. "Pr-Protect Auburn and my..my baby. Please protect them. Pr-promise me you'll take care our children..." Onyx called out for help again before turning back to the woman. "Ma'am! Everything's going to be okay. Save your strength! You'll get some help soon! Then you'll be able to see your kids again, alright?" The woman asked Onyx to promise her once again. Onyx hesitated before nodding his head. "I'll do all that I can to make sure your children have a safe and bright future. I promise." The woman smiled as she drew her last breath. Her skin went pale as her last breath was whisked away.

The woman immediately took the children to the infirmary. The doctor and nurse had immediately took Auburn to the emergency room as the old woman held the baby. The nurse had then come back for the baby to make sure it was healthy. The woman clasped her hands together with worry. After a few hours, the doctors had stitched up her wounds and brought her back into a hospital room to rest. Onyx had finally arrived and looked over to the elderly woman. As he did, the doctor had went into the waiting room.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

It wasn't long after they had gotten Auburn a seat to look at her wounds that she had passed out on them. That much blood loss was taking a toll on the small girls body and it was considered lucky that she managed to stay with it for as long as she did. It wasn't until shortly after she got moved to a room to rest that she began to come to once more, pain killers now in her system to help with everything. Waking up, Auburn slowly sat up as a nurse ushered her to lay back down as to not bother the stitches. "It is okay sweetie we are going to find out what is happening with your family soon. Your brother is right there. Do you see him?" She pointed to a small crib set up in the corner of her room and Auburn nodded at the woman choosing not to speak, but instead watching her brother, thankful that he was alright.

6. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx looked for the nurse and doctor that helped the two. He walked up to the doctor. "How are they doc?" The doctor had given him the details of each child's condition. Onyx listened intently as the doctor spoke. "Is it alright if I could go see them?" The doctor led them to Auburn's room. The nurse looked at Onyx as he walked in. The nurse gestured him to come into the room. He thanked the doctor before walking in. "Hey there kiddo? How are you feeling? Feeling any better?"

7. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn barely looked up at the man who saved her. She didn't know what to think of him and she was still a little dizzy. With a pale face still and tired expression she looked over to the man who had save her life. "I'm okay." It was a lie, a complete and udder lie. Nothing about this situation was okay. She wasn't in pain anymore, but she had a nagging feeling that she knew what happened to her parents. Her mind was a little fuzzy thanks to the medication that she was on, but she was holding up for the time being. "They say I will be okay." She tried to assure him, not knowing what else to offer.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx looked at the girl as she responded to him. "That's good but get a little bit more rest. Your face still looks a little pale." He patted her head as he suggested the little girl to rest a little bit more. He looked at the child in the crib and smiled a bit. "I'm glad you're both alright. Do you want me to get you something to eat or something to drink?" He smiled as he looked at the girl.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn shook her head. She was fine, if anything she was simply more tired than anything else and after the blood and everything that she witnessed that day, she felt more sick to her stomach. It was not a pleasant day and she was still figuring out on how to deal with the stuff. Looking at the man she just sat there for a while. "What is going to happen to us now?" She asked him knowing going home was not an option.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx crouched down to the girl's eye level and smiled. "Well first, you're gonna get some rest and try to feel better. Once you feel all better then we'll go from there. Okay?" He ruffled her hair as he led her to her hospital bed. "You know I don't think I ever got your name kiddo. My name is Onyx. What's your name?" He picked her up gently and placed her on her bed before crouching to eye level again.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn snuggled into bed and seemed nearly ready to go to sleep as she continued to talk with Onyx. "I am Auburn." She introduced herself quietly. She didn't really know what else to say to the man, but he seemed nice enough. "That is Lukas." She pointed to her baby brother that was still laying in his crib where the nurse had placed him, fast asleep and completely oblivious to everything that happened that day. The boy was too young to really understand what was going on, unlike his older sister who was still a little terrified of it all. "I don't want to go to a home." She had heard the occasional story of orphanages, usually from books and fantasy stories, but every time she heard about them it was not very pleasant, so the idea of having to go to one bothered her.

12. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx patted her head as he tucked her in. He listened as she introduced herself and her baby brother. "Nice to meet you Auburn. That's a pretty name." He stood up and walked over to the crib and smiled at the baby lying inside it. "And it's nice to meet you too, Lukas." Onyx walked back over to Auburn as she started to voice her concern. Onyx kept patting her head to comfort her and relax her. "Don't worry about it Auburn. Just worry about getting some sleep okay. Once you're better, we'll talk more about it okay. I'm gonna do all I can to make sure you're both safe and happy. Okay?" He reached out his pinky as if to promise it.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Reaching out she tool the mans pinkie in her own and shook it. After that she relaxed and let herself fall back into a deep sleep.

It was a few days before the doctors stopped worrying about Auburns wounds reopening or getting infected. She was almost ready to be able to go home, but the issue was figuring out where that would be for her. It has already been decided that Lukas was going to go to a foster family, given that one volunteered to take the baby, but they had yet to find someone willing to take both kids and the debate was whether it was better to leave Auburn in an orphanage where she might find a forever home, or send her to a foster parent until she was doing a bit better, then bring people to see her as people were looking for a girl to adopt. Of course Auburn was left oblivious to all these conversations, left to rest as the adults decided her future.

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx thought for awhile as for what to do about Auburn. He remember what Auburn had told him earlier. She didn't want to end up in an orphanage all by herself. After pacing for a little bit, an idea had struck him. He immediately talked to the doctor and had left the hospital immediately. After several hours, Onyx returned and walked over to Auburn's room. "Hey there kiddo. How are we feeling today? Feeling better I hope?" He sat down and looked over with a smile on his face. "Doctor say you should be able to leave the hospital soon. Says your wounds should be okay." He patted her head as he told her what the doctor said.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

"Better." Though Auburn barely looked up at Onyx. It seemed like after the scare of the injuries wore off he now remained just barely a shell, she seemed upset, and finally the weight, the true understanding of her loss had hit her. "Leave and go where? I have no home." Auburn pointed out, tears in her eyes. It was clear that she was not okay and not sure what to think of anything. Instead she found herself sitting there staring at the man, her chest tight and unable to think fully, she just didn't know.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx let out a sigh of relief as Auburn responded. "That's good." He walked over to her as Auburn's eyes started filling with her tears. "Leave and go where? I have no home." Auburn looked up at the man with tears running down her face. Onyx hugged her little form to his body. "It'll be alright. I promise. You wanna know why?" Onyx pulled away as he smiled at her. He went into his jacket pocket and pulled out a paper which had appeared to be an adoption form. "Because you're going to be living with me. I just finalized the adoption. I want you to join my family." He smiled as he handed her the paper. Onyx looked at the little girl before asking her. "What do you say? Would you like to become a Miyashiro?"

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn looked shocked and unsure about what was being offered. She just looked at him for a long moment, it not quite sinking in fully. "What?" She finally asked, blinking at him for the moment before finally seeming to gain her composer. "You adopted me? Why?" She asked him. He was clearly experienced at dealing with the grimm, probably a huntsman, why would he want to adopt her? She didn't understand, not when she was just the daughter of a family that barely dealt with other people. Why would anyone want to adopt her. She had already seen she wasn't all that wanted given there was no where for her to go, someone took her brother but not her. Tears pricked her eyes as she watched him for a long moment more. "You really want me?"

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx looked at the small girl as her face became filled with shock. It had taken some time for her to process it. "What?" Onyx scratched his head before extending his hand out. Auburn had looked like she had finally processed what was going on. She opened her mouth once again. "You adopted me? Why?" Onyx smiled as he knelt down to her eye level. "Because no child should grow up all by themselves. I want you to have a better life and an even brighter future." Tears gathered in her eyes, her face had still looked like she was still in disbelief. Auburn spoke again. "You really want me?" Onyx nodded his head with a wide smile on his face. He was a little nervous about what she would say but she was sure that she would say 'Yes'. "I want you to become part of my family. I would be honored to have you as my daughter." He petted her head as he tried to dry her tears.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

She wasn't sure about the whole family thing. She had a family, and she had just lost it. It felt like she was cheating on them by accepting his offer of being his daughter, but at the same time she feared being alone. She feared no one ever wanting her again and not having anywhere to go eventually. She very much wished that her brother could come with her, but he had a home and she feared that Onyx would say no and not take either of them, so instead Auburn nodded. She didn't look happy about it, like some might expect, but she was still hurting, she lost so much this was more of an alternative to help her get through life than a joyous occasion to her. She didn't know if she could smile if she wanted to, she had seen her parents die and nearly died herself, how could she be happy just because someone pitied her enough not to leave her alone?

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx looked over to Auburn, she was looking unsure about the whole adoption. He wanted to make her as comfortable as possible. He knew this was all still fresh in her mind. The attack on her house, the death of her parents, the adoption of her baby brother, and now this? He could imagine the kind of stress she was under. He looked to her and then spoke in a gentle tone. "You don't have to go with me if you don't want to. I know this is all hard on you considering what you've been through lately. I just want you to know I'm here for you. Whatever you need, I'll be there. Okay?" He smiled as he patted her head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.