Graphic Shop Graphics of the Soul – Clawtooth’s Avatar Shop

Discussion in 'Art Shop' started by Clawtooth, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Hey guys! I decided that I really wanted to actually use some of my (limited) graphical know-how and make a graphics shop! After making my current avatar (at time of posting). I decided I really liked this sort of different style of avatar making, and so I thought I would open a small shop to make them for people.

How it works: Unlike most shops here, if you read my pretentious blurb, I don’t ask for a render or text, I ask for ideas. For example, in the one I made for myself, I wanted to portray my love of literature and music. I decided to use paper as a background texture as both mediums use paper in some form. Then I thought that layering the written word (Jane Austen no less) with music was a nice way to inter-weave my interests. And I then did some photoshop magic and made what you see here!!

Giving me a few ideas like this will allow me to make an avatar which is personal to you – which is cool I guess ^^. If you do want a more traditional avatar, then there are pleanty of fine people who will be more than glad to make you one I am sure.

I do have a small form, and I only accept 5 requests at a time. I’ll also be displaying them in this first post so I can create a more accurate orchive of things for people to expect.

Note: the reason I don’t do signatures is because there’s just SO MUCH SPACE ERMAHGERD ... and I’ve never been very good at them lol.
    So, without further ado, let’s get to work!!

Form:

Username:

Size: Normal members up to 100x100, Premiums is 150x150, and Staff should message me privately ;3 is 200x200 – of course I can make them smaller than your max size if you so desire :D.

General Ideas: This is where you give me a general idea of the content for your avatar. Please limit your choice to between 1 and 3 things. For example, my above avatar has two, Music and Literature. Of course, you can elaborate a bit more if you like, for example for mine I specified Jane Austen for the literature section. I’ll try to encorporate as much as I can into your avatar, the more information you give me the closer your finished graphic will eb to what you want, but obviously don't give me too much to work with. It's a kinda balancing act I guess ^^;;.

Colour Scheme (optional if you want to leave it up to me):
    I went with a very sepia style scheme for mine because it fits with paper and old books (I love old books). If you want your avatar to have shades of pink though, I can try to encorporate it in as much as I can.

Current Projects:

[1]: Llave de Espada
    [2]: Myst
    [3]: Tequila

Past Projects Gallery:

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading everyone, and I looks forward to your requests ^_^.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

I'm liking this approach to Uh-vatar making, Claw. ;D
    SIGN ME UP!

Username: Llave de Espada
    Size: Over 9000 150 x 150
    General Ideas:
    - Backs: I dunno why, but female backs (slightly muscular yet slender) have just really enchanted me. (Not sure if you can use that ohgog)
    - Art: Traditional Art really, I love sketching characters and such.

Colour Scheme: Warmer colors, but not too much saturation. Something that would go nicely with a premium pink username.

THANK YOOOOOOU.

3. Mysty Unknown

Heck, I'll bite Clawtooth.

Username: Myst
    Size: 100 x 100
    General Idea: I believe you should always combine two elements together. An element of you that is holding you back, and an element of nature that you admire. So I am going to ask you to do just that. The art I request is that of an eye and the element of fire. I picture the eye with Black Fire inside the pupil radiating towards the outside while getting more and more orange with some dark orange sparks flaking outside.
    Colour Scheme: I would like it to be more of a darker tone, however I will leave it up to you.

Thanks in advance Clawtooth. If you need any more specifications, let me know.

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Claw, I just want you to know that I think you're a genius. I love this idea, and I think that the loose guidelines are really enticing for the customer. Although, I hate using people for graphics (because I despise the feeling of taking up someone's free time), I do it anyway. Eh.

Username: Tequila

Size: 100x100. If possible, 150x150. I might use it for other places.

General Ideas:

★ Graffiti. Not like ugly, vulgar graffiti, but colorful, fun graffiti.

★ Hands. To be broad, creativity.

★ Dreams. Just the infinite amount and types of dreams is wonderful.

Colour Scheme: Sort of sleepy, darkish, fuzzy colors. I'll leave that up to you.