Grand Juror on Michael Brown Case Sues Prosecutor McCulloch

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by . : tale_wind, Jan 5, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

An anonymous member of the grand jury that failed to indict Darren Wilson for the murder of teenager Michael Brown is suing the prosecuting attorney from the case, Robert McCullouch.

The juror, known only as Grand Juror Doe, takes issue with how McCullouch characterized the case. “In [the grand juror]’s view, the current information available about the grand jurors’ views is not entirely accurate — especially the implication that all grand jurors believed that there was no support for any charges,” the lawsuit says. “Moreover, the public characterization of the grand jurors’ view of witnesses and evidence does not accord with [Doe]’s own.”

“From [the grand juror]’s perspective, the investigation of Wilson had a stronger focus on the victim than in other cases presented to the grand jury,” the lawsuit states. Doe also believes the legal standards were conveyed in a “muddled” and “untimely” manner to the grand jury.

More info here.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Good. I saw this on tumblr a few days ago but it's some of the best news I've heard in months. The prosecution for this case was an absolute farce and I hope this is a step towards justice.