Traditional Art Gotta catch 'em all.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Korra, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Yeah, though as I said before that risks running bulky and awkward to hold. Granted I could paint that on, but I wouldn't want my hand to jerk and mess up anything. >>
    Thanks!

Thank you kiddo <3
    Two reasons for that; gloss finishes tend to look tacky (especially on wood), and it's more expensive, at least where I bought the matte finish from. Some people have actually told me they prefer matte finishes anyway, so unless a big demand for a more glossy look comes up, I'll probably stick with the matte.
    Thank you though. :]

Anyway, I'm almost done with a Love Ball, so I'll be posting that when I finish it.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Oh super cool!!! I'm kinda curious to what you used to make them. (I dunno if someone already asked this, im too lazy to check and see if anyone already asked this.) You should make your own pokeball designs. that would be cool!!!

3. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Basically, two pieces of wood, some glue, acrylic paint, and a matte finish fixative.
    I'm considering doing customs, but that's only if this turns out to be successful. If it is, it's definitely something I want to do. xD

Anyway, this is the last set of this shipment. Still have to glue the buttons on three of them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I really like the moon ball more and more every time i see it ;)

You could always make Christmas poke balls you know, smaller sized like chibi versions, that would be sweeet! Or better, make a bloody GS ball and tell us what the heck lies in there!

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Thank you, I'm really happy with how that Moon Ball turned out. xD
    I have to mix the dark paint for it every time, so it always worries me when I try to replicate the color @_@

You mean like ornaments for a tree or something?
    Haha, yeah, I've been considering adding the GS ball to the list of designs but I'm not sure how many people would want it. xD

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm in love the the Love Ball.....is there anything wrong with what I just said?
    And the moon ball is epic. If Pokemon were real, I would only be using the epic Moon Ball

7. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Oh,A Rocket Ball <3
    These are nice,About how long does it take for each?

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Haha, nah, I'm happy with how that one turned out too. xD
    Thank you. :]

Depends how hard I'm focusing. xD
    I do a white base coat for all of them, usually two layers each, but drying time for each is maybe five minutes? Also depends on the complexity of the ball's design, a standard Pokeball can take me like half an hour including dry time, but the Moon Ball took me a little over an hour (between mixing the dark gray, drawing the design, and doing multiple coats).

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh wow, these are really good, there is so much detail in each and quite realistic compared to the originals. It's also a really cool business you have, creating and selling these.Do you cut the wood yourself or buy it? And how big are they?

10. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

That moon ball really tempts me here...

Yeah, they would be really awesome!

I think a lot of people would want it. If not for anything else, just to throw it on the wall screaming "DAMN YOU GS BALL! REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!" Or we could always throw it on the heads of the Pokemon writers just to remind them of it >.>

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I buy it as is, a base and the little circular buttons. Each then gets a base coat of white, and then whatever design is painted over it.
    The originals and future ones are 2 1/2" in diameter, while the ones recently posted are 2 1/4". Company I ordered from messed up. >>

Haha, well, if you really are, I'm sure you'll be able to find a way to contact me off KHV. :3

That's actually not a bad idea, I'll have to look into that and see how many people would be interested. Thanks for the idea!
    And true, the GS Ball is definitely a throwback to a lot of people's childhoods. xD

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Like everyone else has said, DP Wolf, excellent work. I especially loved the Team Rocket Pokéballs. Is that an original idea you came up with? I don't think I've ever seen Team Rocket Pokéballs on the anime.

Same goes with the Pokéball in the shape of a heart and the army-style Pokéballs. They're also all detailed very well like a few here have said. Great, great work, DP Wolf. Keep it up!

I hope your project becomes a huge success.

13. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

AHH! Moon Balls! :=D: I now have a new favorite.
    You really are quite the artist, and you did all these with wood, glue, and some paint?

~We are not worthy.~

14. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm considering adding more stuff to the shop, as seen by the Amulet Coins I was experimenting with in the background of the recent images. Still coming up with plausible things, but I have a fair list of items I can add right now.

Aw, thank you. xD
    And yep, wood, glue, paint, and some spray-on fixative.
    I really have fun making these too, so it's not much of a chore to do, I may end up doing another promotional giveaway sometime during the year too. If you guys want I'll let you know if I do by posting here?

15. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

The Team Rocket balls are from the card game.
    The heart Pokeball is the Love Ball and army style one is the Safari Ball, both from the games.

I'm gonna probably buy some of these myself. They'd make good stocking fillers.

16. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Ack, thanks for clarifying those, missed that in my response. xD;;
    You already know how I feel about you paying for it but sfgdhgj fine. B(

But yeah, if there's any items anyone would be interested in seeing, please let me know!
    Also I've set up a page for it on Facebook, so you can follow updates and stuff there. :]

So I've been considering making some special edition Pokeballs - stuff for other games' anniversaries, for example. There'd be a limited number made, and it'd be a first come first serve kind of thing.
    Right now I'm thinking of doing one for The Legend of Zelda's 25th anniversary and I've been throwing some designs around.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

They're roughly done and none are final; however the colors are the only thing I'm looking at right now. I'd prefer to keep the background black. Feedback and opinions would be fantastic, and if you have any suggestions in terms of color please let me know, as all of these suggestions were from Tumblr and I'd like to get as much feedback as possible. :]

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

I think the colors in the last triangle would probably do the trick, DP Wolf, as they're kind of standard colors, and they're nice and bright. Also, I agree with you that the background should be black.

I hope this helps. :)

18. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Yeah, go for the last triangle, it's like Fire-Water-Grass, although the yellow one is good as well and would look good with the rest of the ball being black.

You know what you should do? Premier balls giveaway. Something like, for each person that buys ten Pokeballs give them a premier ball, as in the games. You could do that for a limited time and that way you wouldn't have to give many free balls as well ;)

Plus, i'm really waiting to see a heal ball and a lure ball here. They are among my favourites.

19. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Adding two more designs.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well, the reason for those three colors is because of what they represent in the game; Wisdom, Courage, and Power. But thanks for the feedback. :]

I was actually thinking about a giveaway like that later on, since some people do ask about it from time to time. My only reserve about that is that I would definitely have to see more orders coming in before taking a risk like that.
    I'll post those if anyone orders them then. Maybe there'll be some in the next shipment. xD

20. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I prefer the two green and yellow and first black and yellow colour schemes for your tri-force balls.
    I've barely played any Zelda games so these stand out the most for me, but I'm sure LoZ fans would see it differently. Of course, it could also depend on what game they first played for the scheme they might prefer. But from a non-LoZ player (except that one time) I'd say the last two and first one stand out more for my knowledge of what the tri-force is.