Traditional Art Gotta catch 'em all.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Korra, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

[​IMG]

Basically a project I decided to start this summer. Painting Pokeballs.
    The first three (Timer, Moon, and Dusk) are for friends, and the other three (Safari, Dive, and Pokeball) are mine.
    They were originally more of an experiment, since I wanted a Pokeball to go along with a generic Trainer cosplay for AnimeNext this weekend, but some people began asking if I was making more and I decided to go with it. Currently planning to begin making and selling them online/at cons with the majority of designs available, but these are the first ones I've made.
    Cnc, general comments, etc. appreciated. :3

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

those are actually really cool. If they were metal and opened up, or just opened up, I would buy them, even if I would lose precious money. You should make a Master Ball design, that would be cool

3. Daxa~ #stalker

Oh theyre reallly cool!
    I love how bright all the colours are,and how they are just adorable <3
    Aqua101s suggestion about the Master Ball is a good idea,and maybe a Quick Ball aswell?(you know those yellow ones?)
    But really good work,and I know Id buy them (hint hint xD)

4. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

They look very nice, I must say!
    Accurate coloring, paining is good, though I can see a little bit of a mess up on the dusk ball (its a bit uneven around the red button)

What material is it? Have you bought a DIY thing, or something you've made from scratch?

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

These are great. The major flaw is that the button on the front is a bit big.

I did this once but it came out very crappy looking though I still have my originals.

BTW is the Master Ball at the top of the list? Because i'd love to see it. :lolface:

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm not as good working with metal, nor do I have a workshop at my house to do so. I was considering making them hinged, but the only hinges I could find were...pretty ugly.
    And yeah, Master Ball is on the to do list. I'm planning to make one of each design first, just as examples. Also not planning to sell them for that much either, haha, probably somewhere between $5-$7.
    Thanks. :]

The last one I was debating was actually between a Dive and Quick Ball. xD
    I'll probably have more information about selling them after this weekend, but I'm not free to talk about it here. :x
    Thank you though. ^^
    Haha yeah, thanks, there's some stuff I have to touch up on, gonna do that tonight probably.
    They're wooden; I was browsing the local craft store to see if I could find anything, by chance they had wooden spheres with one partially flat edge. Bought those and some smaller wooden circles and that's pretty much it.

Since these are primarily for cosplay purposes I was going for aesthetics over accuracy. I thought about adding an additional circle, but a. the glue would mess up the existing paint and b. it would be bulky and awkard to hold.
    It's not at the top, but it's one I will do in the future. I want to experiment more with designs than something everyone's seen.

7. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Sweet. I can draw and write, but actually building stuff is not my strong suit. Yeah, Quick Ball would be pretty cool, and if you keep making these, you'll be a rich, rich, person. ;D

8. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Okay. This is really cool.
    I would love to get my hands on them, but I don't reckon I can cause I'm in a whole 'nother side of the world plus my mum wouldn't allow shipping and stuff. Ahwell.
    But anyway, I really just want to point out that I love how flat the colors get. I don't like those toys that have such a shiny, plastic-like finish so yeah. This is just beautiful c:
    Your work is also very neat~ Good luck on the future pieces! :'D

ps: yeah, I'd love to see a Master Ball done.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

These are kinda awesome. The button on the front might be a bit too big, but other than that, they're pretty cool guys. They looks like stress balls, are they?

10. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Extremely creative. Accurate with pretty much everything, although the buttons look a bit large. Great job! Look forward to more if you do more.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I don't get why people say the button is too large. I find it perfectly sized

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

These are great! When you have time you should make Ultra Balls, Safari Balls, and of course a Master Ball.

13. Lite The Future

Wow, These are really good! You say you may decide to sell them if more are made? If so You've got yourself a potential buyer! Anyways, The designs of each of the Pokeballs are spot-on, and look pretty real.

14. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Haha, yeah, I have a lot of interested people already. It'll be tough keeping up, but I think I'll be able to do it.
    Thanks. :]

Thank you. :]
    I'll have to see what the deal with shipping will be, but if you're interested, I can contact you later, haha.
    That's what I was going for too, glad to see it worked. xD

Master Ball might be in the next set I do.

Nope, as I said in my other post, they're wooden and meant to be props.
    Thank you though. ^^

Thank you, I will definitely post more once they're done. :]

Personal taste, I guess. I mean yeah, they are a bit bigger, but it's more for appearance than anything.

I did make a Safari Ball, haha. It's the camo one.
    Thank you. :3

Thanks!
    I can give you more information later if you'd like, but it'd have to be off KHV.

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Bumping with updates and stuff.
    Officially started selling these a few days ago; all the small ones are ones people have ordered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have three more to paint and two more to sell (of this shipment), since the company I bought the bases from sent me the wrong size, I have to get rid of the smaller ones before I order new ones .-.
    Certainly getting my creative side out on this though, I've been having a lot of fun too. xD

16. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Rocket Ball! <3 They look awesome and very accurate to color scheme. The Ultra ball looks very cool, probably the best look alike.

Some of my friends would gang tackle you for these, they're that epic.

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Aw, thank you. xD
    If you or your friends ever do want to ask questions/buy one, there are ways to contact me aside from KHV. Only hint I can give for finding the site I'm running the business off of is that I'm on tumblr a lot. And that's the extent of "advertising" I'll do here.

Anyway, today I'm finishing up a Love Ball, Rocket Ball, and Moon Ball, as well as some experimentations with additional things I could sell. I'm also considering getting a table at the New York Anime Festival, but we'll see how that goes. >>

18. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Those are really good! Nice work! Shouldn't be another circle in the circle button though? Regardless, they are really nice.

I love the Rocket Ball

19. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Just wanted to say I still can't get over how awesome these are xD their designs are accurate and the paint job looks wonderfully done.

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

My only problem with these is that the color looks to matted. I get not being able to do plastic or metal, but maybe you could do a gloss finish?

I really do like them though, even without the sheen to them they are obviously well done.